U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 03:22 PM

3,576 posts, read 701,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
IF I was a washed up male pro golfer, I'd go play in the LPGA.

Call myself a Trans.
Yup. You could be the worst man on the course, dragging behind the 2nd-to-last man by a long shot (literally and figuratively!), move over to the women's league, and come in first place. THAT is how much of an advantage men have over women.
Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 04:07 PM

966 posts, read 206,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArchitect View Post
Ironically, contemporary feminists embrace of anti scientific postmodernism and their use of PC browbeating and social intimidation as tactics have enabled the more extreme aspects of the transgender movement that now irk many of them to advance with no resistance, because biological facts and common sense now cower before their movement.
And I say this as someone who is both pro feminism and pro LTGBQ rights.

When it comes to athletic competition, science has to take precedence over feelings. When they make the decision to transition, they are making a choice with consequences that will require they sacrifice some other things.
It's like "The emperor's new clothes"....it's obvious to everyone yet no one wants to speak out.

Old Yesterday, 04:11 PM

52,155 posts, read 41,971,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
What I'm waiting for is a whole bunch of HS or college males not quite good enough for the varsity team to identify as female and take over the girls basketball, track, softball, swimming, etc. teams. Better yet, for transgender men to compete for spots on national teams like the Olympics or World Cup. It will take something like that for women to figure out whose side to take.
I can absolutely believe that some males, if looking at a full ride to UCLA, Harvard or whatnot might identify as Trans for 4-5 years and then change their minds.

People have done some pretty crazy stuff over the years for a lot less.

Old Yesterday, 04:36 PM

8,626 posts, read 6,184,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
Women are not a monolithic group so don't hurl blame at women in general. This is a men's rights movement anyway but it's certainly being helped by some women who don't understand that feminism must always centre females but radical feminists have been speaking up about this for a very long time.
I said "those drivers", meaning those individuals. I was not hurling the blame at every last woman - I know there are exceptions. But this has been a political movement zealously backed by far more women than men. So much so that this and many other of the radical political changes we have sadly witnessed over a generation would never have happened absent powerful female influence.

Apologies to any clear thinking women who have always opposed this nonsense, but in general terms I stand solidly behind what I said.

Old Yesterday, 04:39 PM

6,385 posts, read 6,708,985 times
Very simple, if you believe in transgender then you shouldn’t complain about this, can’t have it both ways.

Old Yesterday, 04:41 PM

8,626 posts, read 6,184,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Very simple, if you believe in transgender then you shouldn’t complain about this, can’t have it both ways.
Exactly.

Old Yesterday, 04:54 PM

14,261 posts, read 6,154,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
LOL if I were one of Trumps campaign guys I would make sure the question gets asked in the next Dem debate: "Raise your hand if you believe transgender (male to female) individuals should be allowed to compete in womens Olympics and pro sports."
They already raised their hands for the Equality Act, which amounts to the same thing.

Old Yesterday, 05:00 PM

22,847 posts, read 16,914,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Laurel Hubbard was born a man and was into weightlifting without much success. However, in her 30s she transitioned to being a woman and now at 41 is dominating women's weightlifting competitions. She just won 2 Golds and a Silver medal in her 3 events including beating out the strongest woman from the most recent commonwealth games.

An organization called "Speak up for women" is arguing that people born as men should not be allowed to compete as women, while others are saying that speak up for women is being discriminatory and hurtful.

Should Laurel Hubbard be allowed to compete in the Olympics with the women?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mor...cid=spartanntp
No.

I don't care what "Laurel" calls himself, he's still a male. I will not support this nonsense of acting like this mental disorder is completely normal. It is NOT normal, and females should not be paying the price for it.

Old Yesterday, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
In that case then there is no gender pay gap and there is no glass ceiling for women.
If men who think they are women make good money and have high positions then that counts for women as well.

Because as you said..if you believe in transgender then you shouldn't complain.

Old Yesterday, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
No.

I don't care what "Laurel" calls himself, he's still a male. I will not support this nonsense of acting like this mental disorder is completely normal. It is NOT normal, and females should not be paying the price for it.
Well the Olympic committee says they can compete and they don't have to get a sex change to do it.
Previously they had to be under hormone therapy and have had a sex reassignment surgery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies