Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2019, 07:26 PM

28,574 posts, read 18,586,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
The IAAF has legal limits on the amount of testosterone female athletes can possess and still be able to participate. Many "naturally" born female athletes have a hard time staying under the legal limits. I'm kind of surprised that this trans person is able to stay under the limits for the reasons you described in your post.
It's not just the current level of testosterone.

A man who has gone through puberty and young manhood has built a framework of size, bone, weight, and muscle superior to most women that does not entirely disappear when he goes on hormone therapy. He still has the upper body and pelvic leverage advantages of a man--the bone structure does not change.

If he reduces his testosterone to just under the limit--which is still quite high for a woman--he's still operating with a massive head start over someone who went through puberty as a woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2019, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I don't understand why these people just realize that they can no longer participate in these competitions. They are doing no service whatsoever for their transgender cause. In fact, I think they are setting back the transgender movement every time they step on the stage.
There is an MTF trans YouTuber who is strongly against it. Her opinion is that transition efforts should not occur in anyone until after puberty because in her opinion, it takes at least that long to understand what they really feel they should be...and that no man who has gone through puberty should then be allowed to compete as a female. In her words, "Some things just aren't for us."

Old 07-30-2019, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
They know exactly what they are doing. A mediocre, experienced male athlete can compete with top tier female athletes, but gets demolished by top tier male athletes.

41 years old and never accomplished jack squat in regards to winning, starts competing as a woman and magically places first almost every single time. His numbers were not even close to competitive before transitioning to a woman.

It is complete BS.
Wait until it starts happening in women's tennis.

I saw an interview of Serena Williams where the interviewer asked her if she thought she'd be competitive in men's tennis. She laughed outright at him and said, "No way."

Old 07-30-2019, 07:47 PM

15,704 posts, read 9,421,203 times
I've watched "women's weightlifting" before. Not sure I've ever seen a woman participating

Old 07-30-2019, 07:53 PM

20,222 posts, read 19,784,480 times
Quote:
Transgendered Woman Set to Win Olympic Gold in Weightlifting
You go girl, LOL

Old 07-30-2019, 08:48 PM

12,306 posts, read 8,002,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Wait until it starts happening in women's tennis.

I saw an interview of Serena Williams where the interviewer asked her if she thought she'd be competitive in men's tennis. She laughed outright at him and said, "No way."
It happened in women's tennis first. Dr Renee Richards just happened to be 40 something when she started competing with women. And she made the top 20 and Grand Slam semifinals, in mixed doubles at her peak.

It just happened that the greater society of the western world did not accept her as a woman in 1977 but they do now. It is just a matter of time before a transitioning woman again competes in what is generally considered a major women's sport.

Old 07-30-2019, 09:15 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,392,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Laurel Hubbard was born a man and was into weightlifting without much success. However, in her 30s she transitioned to being a woman and now at 41 is dominating women's weightlifting competitions. She just won 2 Golds and a Silver medal in her 3 events including beating out the strongest woman from the most recent commonwealth games.

An organization called "Speak up for women" is arguing that people born as men should not be allowed to compete as women, while others are saying that speak up for women is being discriminatory and hurtful.

Should Laurel Hubbard be allowed to compete in the Olympics with the women?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mor...cid=spartanntp

You are getting ahead of yourself.

Caster Semenya, the great South African runner, born female but with some non-standard physiology results was just banned from defending her world title.

Pretty weird with Hubbard competes but Caster is banned.

Old 07-30-2019, 09:32 PM

19,629 posts, read 20,441,176 times
Yet, enhancement drugs still a no-no.
I can't wait to try and sign up for the Girl Scouts.

Old 07-30-2019, 09:35 PM

36,858 posts, read 17,231,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Nah, I don’t condone obvious mental illness.
It's not your job to rule the lives of others who wish to voluntarily associate with each other.

Sorry.

Old 07-30-2019, 09:40 PM

36,858 posts, read 17,231,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Freedom to ruin women's sports! Yay freedom!

Team Blue, you'd maybe stand a chance of defeating Trump in 2020 if you'd stop pushing so many voters into his camp.
I'm not on Team Blue. I'm on Team No_Recess.

Form your own league and make the rules, Team Red member. We know Team Blue hates competition because they're Marxist authoritarians. When you and your fellow Team Red members cry about this stuff it shows me you don't want to compete by setting up a...well...competing league/olympics/whatever.

So are you really that far off from being Marxist authoritarians like your Team Blue peers? Nah, not in my book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies