Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 02:03 PM

43,046 posts, read 18,216,027 times

Advertisements

Well once all womens' sports is dominated by men maybe a new women's sports group will emerge...'Genetically born women's sports'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2019, 02:17 PM

26,455 posts, read 15,049,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArchitect View Post
Ironically, contemporary feminists embrace of anti scientific postmodernism and their use of PC browbeating and social intimidation as tactics have enabled the more extreme aspects of the transgender movement that now irk many of them to advance with no resistance, because biological facts and common sense now cower before their movement.
And I say this as someone who is both pro feminism and pro LTGBQ rights.

When it comes to athletic competition, science has to take precedence over feelings. When they make the decision to transition, they are making a choice with consequences that will require they sacrifice some other things.
That is a good point about the science.

The self-proclaimed party of science often denies science if it gets in the way of some sort of social justice cause.

Now the denial of science by those on the left to advance various women's causes have opened the door to the loss of some gains women have justly made.

I've had students deny that men on average have more testosterone and that testosterone impacts muscle and brain spatial performance. We can't fight against this without being bigoted, so we'll see where this anti-science takes us.

Old 07-30-2019, 02:31 PM

3,039 posts, read 4,998,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
You mean “he”.
No, I mean 'her'. Whether she wants to be called she, xe, they, lbgtqrtuvwxyz, or whatever, it doesn't affect me or any other competitor. Her competing against women does affect them.

On another note, the sanctioning bodies and proponents always refer to Testosterone levels, but there are other things biological men have an advantage in: larger bone structure, faster reflexes, better gross motor movement, better hand-eye coordination, years of elevated T (beyond natural female levels), etc. I have seen no evidence that these are mitigated by hormone therapy, and have not seen them addressed at all.

Old 07-30-2019, 02:44 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,122,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Should compete in men’s division. His plumbing is still male therefore the Olympic Committee should not allow mental illness to dictate otherwise.
The loser couldn't win up against guys, so he has to go up against women. That isn't anything to be proud of, zero accomplishment.

Last edited by FC76-81; 07-30-2019 at 02:56 PM..

Old 07-30-2019, 02:48 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,343,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
So, a dude that feels that they are a woman, has entered women's sports and is dominating.

Myself personally, I think it is laughable and I feel sorry for the women competitors that are losing to him.
The left has caused this and there isn't much that can be done or said about it, otherwise you will be labeled a bigot and transphobic.

This is where we are now...not really going to be able to change it. Can't wait until we see more of this !
Yes and Martina Navratilova said this same thing and got slammed by the PC crowd. I competed in sports so I feel qualified to weigh in. As all other women athletes should!

Old 07-30-2019, 02:49 PM

40,949 posts, read 49,150,612 times
IF I was a washed up male pro golfer, I'd go play in the LPGA.

Call myself a Trans.

Old 07-30-2019, 02:57 PM

9,970 posts, read 5,667,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Well once all womens' sports is dominated by men maybe a new women's sports group will emerge...'Genetically born women's sports'.
Nah, that would be considered "trans-phobic" because it implies "trans-women" are somehow less of a woman than "normal" women. That, you see, further marginalizes an already marginalized group, denies their lived experience, and threatens their very safety as "violent speech."

Old 07-30-2019, 03:01 PM

5,725 posts, read 2,189,978 times
I hate this so much. Men and women are born genetically different, you should be forced to compete with your birth gender. Are women ok with this? I’d love to hear their side

Old 07-30-2019, 03:08 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,710,036 times
For many years, women have been the primary driving political force behind this LGBTQXYZ activism nonsense....and for the agenda of the left generally. Those drivers are now learning that every action has a consequence and they are getting exactly what they deserve.

Maybe this will get some heads put back on straight.

Old 07-30-2019, 03:20 PM

6,417 posts, read 7,243,816 times
Women are not a monolithic group so don't hurl blame at women in general. This is a men's rights movement anyway but it's certainly being helped by some women who don't understand that feminism must always centre females but radical feminists have been speaking up about this for a very long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies