U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 03:25 PM

22,947 posts, read 16,996,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
And do you get those stray animals fixed so that they dont reproduce and make more stray animals? . Most people don't. They just feed them drawing in more. You are not much better than the people who let their pets run wild through the neighborhood.
I don't know how many times I have to say this on this dang forum. I've rescued many, many, many animals that stupid, useless people have tossed out like garbage. I have no respect for a single human who would look at animals as disposable objects, or puts an object above their life.

BUT, I have to feed them first so I can gain their trust. Sometimes it takes awhile - sometimes it takes a long while, and sometimes, they never trust, fully. But I sure as hell am not going to turn my back on them because someone is afraid that a cat might rest underneath their lemon tree in the backyard.

And yes, I am much, much better than the scum humans who let their animals run all over the neighborhood.

Thanks for playing.

Next!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2019, 03:59 PM

11,736 posts, read 8,548,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I don't know how many times I have to say this on this dang forum. I've rescued many, many, many animals that stupid, useless people have tossed out like garbage. I have no respect for a single human who would look at animals as disposable objects, or puts an object above their life.

BUT, I have to feed them first so I can gain their trust. Sometimes it takes awhile - sometimes it takes a long while, and sometimes, they never trust, fully. But I sure as hell am not going to turn my back on them because someone is afraid that a cat might rest underneath their lemon tree in the backyard.

And yes, I am much, much better than the scum humans who let their animals run all over the neighborhood.

Thanks for playing.

Next!

Old 07-31-2019, 10:20 PM

11,200 posts, read 4,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
They are not criminalizing feeding stray cats. Conptempt of court is criminal.
If feeding stray cats wasn't criminalized, she wouldn't have been forced to go to court.

Old 07-31-2019, 10:46 PM

3,995 posts, read 1,684,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Have you ever heard the saying 'your rights end where mine begin'?

That's what we're talking about here.

I worked with someone who had a neighbor who fed feral cats. Two became thirty over the course of a few years. They spread fleas to pets, got into scraps with pets requiring trips to the vet, dug up peoples gardens, clawed and ruined the wood on decks.

Compassion for animals at the expense of having compassion for your neighbors is inexcusable.
Sue the cats.

This old lady didn't directly harm anybody.

Or are you one of those type who want to ban big-gulps and firearms?

Old 08-01-2019, 06:50 AM

9,053 posts, read 2,575,108 times
Quote:

Thanks for playing.

Next!
Sure you are. Maybe you do. Talk is cheap and most enablers only talk. We aren't talking about the person who feeds them for a week. Then catches them and takes them to a shelter. We are talking about the idiots that make it a mission to feed every stray around, drawing them to their yards and the yards of their neighbors. People like the Cat lady this thread is about.

I grew up on a farm and lived my adult life in farm country. Thats where most city idiots dump their unwanted pets. After all the farmer will want their cats, right?

No one cares about a cat resting under their lemon tree. We care about strays urinating on our homes and property. We care about the strays destroying our gardens.. Walkinging on our cars and damaging the paint.

Yes I value my paint, my garden and a cat stench free yard more than I do the stray cat's freedom.

The lady the thread is about is classic. She imposes her sense of charity upon all her neighbors. Any way you claim to be the responsible animal rights person. Thats wonderful, you would be a rarity. Most just feed them and feel like they are heroes.

As for playing? No I dont play. I also dont draw strays to my property and impose my sense of charity on my neighbors.

Old 08-01-2019, 07:16 AM

4,377 posts, read 1,626,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post

On the other hand, I can't tell you the last time (if ever) I heard of someone getting a 10-day jail sentence for animal abuse.
Funny how you claim to live in upstate NY, yet you made that last comment. Ever hear of Buster's Law?

Old 08-01-2019, 08:01 AM

22,947 posts, read 16,996,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Sure you are. Maybe you do. Talk is cheap and most enablers only talk. We aren't talking about the person who feeds them for a week. Then catches them and takes them to a shelter. We are talking about the idiots that make it a mission to feed every stray around, drawing them to their yards and the yards of their neighbors. People like the Cat lady this thread is about.

I grew up on a farm and lived my adult life in farm country. Thats where most city idiots dump their unwanted pets. After all the farmer will want their cats, right?

No one cares about a cat resting under their lemon tree. We care about strays urinating on our homes and property. We care about the strays destroying our gardens.. Walkinging on our cars and damaging the paint.

Yes I value my paint, my garden and a cat stench free yard more than I do the stray cat's freedom.

The lady the thread is about is classic. She imposes her sense of charity upon all her neighbors. Any way you claim to be the responsible animal rights person. Thats wonderful, you would be a rarity. Most just feed them and feel like they are heroes.

As for playing? No I dont play. I also dont draw strays to my property and impose my sense of charity on my neighbors.
I suggest you take a little journey over to the pet forum. Go back and read. I've stated this several times, I've shared photos of those that I rescued (I'm not an organization, I simply do this on my own, with my own damn money), several times. Some of them I have kept, some of them I have "fostered" while working with a rescue to find them homes.

I don't "draw" anything. People dump them, as you just admitted. I take care of them. What have you done besides p*$$ and moan about it?

I suggest that you know wth you're talking about before ASSuming anything about a poster.

Old 08-01-2019, 08:15 AM

4,377 posts, read 1,626,420 times
Quote:
I suggest you take a little journey over to the pet forum. Go back and read. I've stated this several times, I've shared photos of those that I rescued (I'm not an organization, I simply do this on my own, with my own damn money), several times. Some of them I have kept, some of them I have "fostered" while working with a rescue to find them homes.

I don't "draw" anything. People dump them, as you just admitted. I take care of them. What have you done besides p*$$ and moan about it?

I suggest that you know wth you're talking about before ASSuming anything about a poster.

Do you keep them inside, or let them continue to run around the neighborhood? That's what this woman should have been doing with her neighbor's cats - trap them, bring them inside HER HOME (rather than allow them to keep roaming on other people's property), s/n the ones who need it, and then find homes for them, and taking proper ownership of the ones that don't get adopted. Just feeding them is no help, because cats can find their own food, and outdoor cats are still subjected to the dangers that come with the outdoors, whether they are being fed or not.

Old 08-01-2019, 08:32 AM

21,308 posts, read 10,270,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Sue the cats.

This old lady didn't directly harm anybody.

Or are you one of those type who want to ban big-gulps and firearms?
Yeah, that's exactly the type of person I am.

What a stupid line.

Old 08-01-2019, 08:36 AM

21,308 posts, read 10,270,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I'm just saying, the only ID people have to go on is a SNR cat has a little part of their ear removed so they will be a known feral cat.

All the damage you described can be done by neighbor's pets. And in my experience has been done by pets allowed to roam free.

My state has a leash law that applies to cats. Many pet owners ignore it because it is their cats G-d given right to go outside.

My cat only leaves this house to go to the vet. The 2 feral will be neutered when I get a trap. If more show up, they will be trapped and turned over to the county. As it is now, the feral run off the pets, and that's a good thing I'd go to jail for.
Neighbors pets weren't doing those things, however, the feral cats were.

There will always be thoughtless pet owners but at least they can be held accountable. This business of 'they're not really my cats' left nobody accountable in my coworkers situation. Nobody did anything. Authorities asked her to stop feeding the cats but she wouldn't.

This isn't an anti-animal thing, this is a thoughtless neighbor thing. What we do can impact others whether people want to admit that or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or