U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2019, 08:38 AM

19,626 posts, read 17,665,827 times

Advertisements

I saw a sign saying feeding birds is prohibited. Meaning pigeons.
We were driving along a country road and saw two malnourished and bedraggled dogs walking along together on Monday. We stopped and had only a bowl of water to give them. I hope those two friends got to someplace safe okay.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2019, 08:52 AM

9,193 posts, read 2,609,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I suggest you take a little journey over to the pet forum. Go back and read. I've stated this several times, I've shared photos of those that I rescued (I'm not an organization, I simply do this on my own, with my own damn money), several times. Some of them I have kept, some of them I have "fostered" while working with a rescue to find them homes.

I don't "draw" anything. People dump them, as you just admitted. I take care of them. What have you done besides p*$$ and moan about it?

I suggest that you know wth you're talking about before ASSuming anything about a poster.
Really dont give a damn what you suggest.
I lived with idiots dumping their unwanted pets and with bigger idiots feeding them.

What did we do on the farm? We trapped them and took them to the SPCA. Sometimes we found homes for them. What else can you do. You can't adopt them all.

As for what you supposedly do, who cares. This thread is about a woman doing exactly what I said most people like her do.

Feeding the strays and drawing them to her property and the property of her neighbors.
People like her typically have dumps for yards and dont care how bad it stinks.

I have a very real problem with irresponsible pet owners. The pet pays the price for bad owners and that includes cats. You show me a cat killed on the road and Ill show you the victim of a bad owner. The same is true of dogs.

Dont know why you singled me out and dont care. My bone is with rejects like the cat lady in this thread. You can try and defend that behavior all you like, that won't make her any less an idiot and a nuisance for her neighbors.

Old 08-01-2019, 09:40 AM

2,985 posts, read 965,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I hope you statists are happy about grandma being caged for this outrage. I hear she's one mean SOB out on the streets...

https://fox8.com/2019/07/29/79-year-...ng-stray-cats/

For those still suffering from the Educational Industrial Complex's brainwashing there are no victims and no natural rights being violated in this case.

An example of a natural right violation would be when Obama blew the head off Abdulrahman Anwar al-Awlaki, a 16-year-old American boy living in Yemen, or when Trump slaughtered his 8-year-old sister, Nawar al-Awlaki.

And yet those two sociopathic goons walk free.

Another day in Statistville...

I'm in trouble if they catch me. I feed homeless cats and crows all the time if I'm eating something and happen to come across them. I'll go to the park and have a nice big meal with me. Usually while I'm there eating, a cat or two will appear and so will a few crows. I'll always toss a piece of food in their direction. Once a passerby saw me do this with a group of crows. He said "I guess you're not enjoying your food.". I replayed "It's actually very good, I just like to share.". But actually a lot of people really get upset if they see me do this, especially with the crows. Lot of people in my area hate crows for some reason.

Old 08-01-2019, 10:17 AM

4,008 posts, read 1,698,002 times
We like to throw around the word 'freedom' as a feel-good word.

But the concept of people doing what they want so long as they aren't directly harming others? Most Americans find that idea alien and threatening.

Old 08-01-2019, 10:30 AM

9,199 posts, read 5,672,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
They are not criminalizing feeding stray cats. Conptempt of court is criminal.
You trying to be coy, or are you that thick?

The subject of the contempt charge is the refusal to stop feeding the cats, and therefore, criminalizing that specific act. Its just a backdoor way of criminalizing an action that itself has no codified law prohibiting the act.

Its also just another example of how upside down the world is becoming. As one poster pointed out, we have judges protecting criminals .... elected officials protecting criminals ... yet we incarcerate a little old lady for feeding hungry stays.

Those that don't immediately recognize this as upside down, are themselves already standing on the hands, instead of their feet.

Old 08-01-2019, 09:22 PM

3,624 posts, read 1,672,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post

But the concept of people doing what they want so long as they aren't directly harming others? Most Americans find that idea alien and threatening.
That's because we Americans value the symbols of freedom---oversized pickup trucks, assault rifles, rural houses in the middle of nowhere, and 64-oz Big Gulps---more than we value freedom itself. Even Sweden, the world's liberal wasteland, has a Freedom to Roam law. The law ensures that any natural person can wander freely anywhere that's not a private property or a national park. Even along national highways or deep in the wilderness. Not only that, they can freely gather any wild fruits or berries growing in the area. America, the allegedly free country, would never stand for something like that.

I'm no liberal, and I support the 2nd Amendment, but I still say there was legal foul play involved. Methinks somebody knew the judge. Why else would an elderly person get 10 days in jail for feeding cats, while violent robbers are walking free as we speak? I will take stray cats over aggressive geese or criminals any day. And I speak as a dog person.

Last edited by MillennialUrbanist; 08-01-2019 at 09:37 PM..

Old 08-01-2019, 11:07 PM

25,458 posts, read 9,899,293 times
They got another old lady feeding stray cats. Both cases are out of northeast Ohio.

https://www.wkbn.com/news/local-news...ng-stray-cats/

This dangerous outlaw actually spends her own money to have the strays fixed so they can't reproduce.

Well, like they always say no good deed goes unpunished. Here's a prime example.

Old 08-02-2019, 05:15 AM

3,624 posts, read 1,672,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
They got another old lady feeding stray cats. Both cases are out of northeast Ohio.

https://www.wkbn.com/news/local-news...ng-stray-cats/

This dangerous outlaw actually spends her own money to have the strays fixed so they can't reproduce.

Well, like they always say no good deed goes unpunished. Here's a prime example.
It's easier for the police to arrest one defenseless old lady than a group of violent young men, and they still get credit for it just the same. From each other and and from the busybodies. So they take the easy way out.

Welcome to America! The country that beyond being great again. No matter much what's-his-face wears that hat. It's stupidity like this that made me not want to bring kids into this world.

Old 08-02-2019, 12:25 PM

21,402 posts, read 10,329,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post

Yeah...that's the part you keep missing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or