Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 10:29 AM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times

Advertisements

I hope you statists are happy about grandma being caged for this outrage. I hear she's one mean SOB out on the streets...

Quote:
79-year-old Garfield Heights woman sentenced to jail time for feeding stray cats

“It began in 2017 with me feeding stray kitties. I used to have a neighbor that had a couple cats and he moved away so he left them,” Segula said. “I would always feed them and care for them because I was worried about them and I’m a cat lover. Once my neighbors got upset about it, they called the animal warden."

She got her first citation in 2017. More followed

“I got a total of four,” Segula said.

Her latest citation required her to appear before Magistrate Jeffrey Short last week. He sentenced her to 10 days in the Cuyahoga County Jail.
https://fox8.com/2019/07/29/79-year-...ng-stray-cats/

For those still suffering from the Educational Industrial Complex's brainwashing there are no victims and no natural rights being violated in this case.

An example of a natural right violation would be when Obama blew the head off Abdulrahman Anwar al-Awlaki, a 16-year-old American boy living in Yemen, or when Trump slaughtered his 8-year-old sister, Nawar al-Awlaki.

And yet those two sociopathic goons walk free.

Another day in Statistville...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2019, 10:35 AM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
I don't think this right but, before we moved last year we had a neighbor with at least 27 outdoor cats. They destroyed our garden and flower beds. They would even crawl up into the trash cart and shred the bags all over the yard.

Old 07-30-2019, 10:37 AM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
We need jail cells for real criminals.

Old 07-30-2019, 10:54 AM

4,195 posts, read 1,599,265 times
i know several people that feed cats...lol its NOW an act of civil disobedience!!

Old 07-30-2019, 10:56 AM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
A more productive act would be trapping, spaying and neutering feral cats, notching their ears to indicate they are now sterile. They keep the rodent population down so shouldn't be given too much food by humans

Old 07-30-2019, 11:01 AM

1,262 posts, read 1,300,819 times
Cats are not native anywhere in America. When feral they are an invading species. They do what all successful invading species do - they kill off all the indigenous species they can get their paws on. They often don't go after the adults, they kill the babies. That's squirrels, opossums, hedge hogs, birds, everything.

The problem with these assumed, "do-gooders" is that they leave a mess of bowls, plastic containers and foil containers where they feed the cats, making an eyesore of your neighborhood, and attracting rats. They don't keep feeding the cats for many reasons. Once they stop, the cats turn to the native animals for a food source.

The Brits did a study of the environmental damage caused by feral cats. The results were nearly unbelievable. Google it and educate yourself.

I'm all for harsh punishment for these ignorant people. No matter what you tell them they just won't stop. Good riddance this idiot is in jail. May all like her follow her there.

Last edited by Beaconowner; 07-30-2019 at 12:11 PM..

Old 07-30-2019, 11:14 AM

78,337 posts, read 60,527,398 times
I have no problem with her being jailed.

Cats are brutal on birds and other animals in the wild and roam and pee all over stuff on top of that.

Just because you like them doesn't mean that someone should support a feral cat population that then impacts everyone else as well.

Have to ask yourself how you'd feel if someone in the neighborhood had wild dogs roaming or fed racoons, coyotes etc. Heck, in some parts of the country they have pythons now....why not let them hang out too.

Old 07-30-2019, 12:38 PM

2,149 posts, read 1,515,398 times
The cat problem is a human based problem. It ain't the kittypeoples fault. Spay and neuter or don't get a cat if you ain't gonna take care of it...now lets put criminals NOT grannies in jail...

Old 07-30-2019, 12:42 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,491,618 times
While I do not want to see her jailed what is the alternative when someone ignores citations? I suppose fining her 10K might make her change her ways but that maybe more of a hardship on her than 10 days in jail.

Old 07-30-2019, 12:42 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I hope you statists are happy about grandma being caged for this outrage. I hear she's one mean SOB out on the streets...

https://fox8.com/2019/07/29/79-year-...ng-stray-cats/

For those still suffering from the Educational Industrial Complex's brainwashing there are no victims and no natural rights being violated in this case.

An example of a natural right violation would be when Obama blew the head off Abdulrahman Anwar al-Awlaki, a 16-year-old American boy living in Yemen, or when Trump slaughtered his 8-year-old sister, Nawar al-Awlaki.

And yet those two sociopathic goons walk free.

Another day in Statistville...

This crap happens, when you are PROPERTY of the state.
Let me guess, a Democrat controlled city council.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies