U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:11 AM

17,724 posts, read 11,261,926 times

Advertisements

As someone who has lived in many US States, and who now lives in Florida, it is no more corrupt or worse here than any other State, and possibly less so.

Hate to surprise anyone, but, yes, among the millions of dedicated LE people, there are always going to be a certain percentage who should not be wearing that badge. Just as there are bad apples in every profession, be it medical, public service, retail, etc, etc.

To paint ALL LE people with the same brush is just stupid and biased.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:20 AM

3,477 posts, read 1,362,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
This is Florida.....corrupt from the top to the bottom. Rick Scott and DeSantis wouldn't have it any other way.
Exactly, and that's why these deputies were fired, arrested, and facing charges!

Old Yesterday, 05:55 PM

4,791 posts, read 942,009 times
I wish more Florida Man stories involved the use of Truck-kun but not Truck-kun injuring people!

Old Yesterday, 06:13 PM

29,844 posts, read 16,517,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexyD View Post
Don't ignore traffic rules and this won't happen!
If she hadnt of shown so much leg she wouldnt have been raped!

Old Yesterday, 07:17 PM

15,576 posts, read 4,127,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
As someone who has lived in many US States, and who now lives in Florida, it is no more corrupt or worse here than any other State, and possibly less so.

To paint ALL LE people with the same brush is just stupid and biased.
Well, you may be the wrong person to ask. Or maybe I just have dumb luck?

I was lucky enough to deal with Atlantic City cops...some of the world's worst. Cops in our well known NJ burb actually used to let teen girls with pot go free....IF...well, you know. Then the cops in Florida in the town where my parents lived for 25 years were caught taking 10's of millions of dollars nationwide....from drug busts (they were not allowed outside their few square miles) and, of course, not declaring any of it.

Now, where I live in Florida, this is par for the course. No one even acts surprised....when a long time member tries to kill an old woman after befriending her!

Veteran Sarasota deputy arrested for attempted murder of elderly woman - Story | FOX 13 Tampa Bay

I must just have bad luck.....always being in the wrong places.

Ah, current news on the Palm Beach Dept - and their taking of money from Epstein and allowing him to have women over while "in jail"......

Some might say it would be biased to say Priests are often caught doing bad things. I don't say that. In my own little town there were a couple instances of such....what are the odds?

Sometimes it's the system. Other times it's the individual. One thing that most social scientists would agree on is that it's really hard to buck the system. Who among us would have been the Serpico's in the 1970's NYC Police Force? I know I wouldn't have been. Easier to go along and get along.

Old Today, 12:50 AM

15,106 posts, read 13,398,332 times
It's the same old story. It's a war on people, not drugs!

Old Today, 01:03 AM

26,876 posts, read 11,286,234 times
Buy a dash cam for your protection and never consent to a search.

Old Today, 01:26 AM

11,145 posts, read 4,905,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexyD View Post
Don't ignore traffic rules and this won't happen!
Would you prefer red or white wine with that boot?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or