U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 12:38 PM

6,312 posts, read 3,534,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
To be fair, my kids can't feed themselves either but I feed them because that's my responsibility as a parent. This is about trashy parents, not children.
Rofl. I worded it that way specifically because had I dared to word it that “80% of people in Baltimore can’t feed themselves” I’d have been totally lambasted by some pedantic person who would remind me we were talking about school kids, not adults.

Old Today, 12:38 PM

35,853 posts, read 10,625,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
http://archives.marylandpublicschool...ARMSSY2019.xls

Cities that have problems like Baltimore have earned their complete moral breakdowns and decent into the third-world because they roll out the red-carpet for poor women who have babies.

Easy solution to Baltimore's issues is for poor women to not get pregnant and have babies. Also an easy solution is to get rid of the safety-net programs like WIC and TANF that do nothing but encourage women to get pregnant irresponsible.

Interesting, how there are medium-sized cities like Gilbert, Irvine and Scottsdale where the poor women with baby demographic is not welcomed and the barriers to entry are high where they don't have to worry about it.

Or, to say what many don't want to say, Illegitimacy is the surest route to poverty.

Old Today, 12:42 PM

10,323 posts, read 6,324,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miso Blu View Post
Do you think these poor pregnant women got themselves pregnant? Why don't you direct part of that moral outrage to the men that impregnated them? Do you have a solution for that or are you just blaming women in general here?

If you don't want to provide formula for infants, which is what these programs like WIC do, what is the solution there? Would you consider yourself pro-life or just pro-birth and once the kid passes the birth canal it's on it's own?

Kind of hard to bring the other biological host into the equation when chances are they are no where to be found. Which sort of leaves it all on the mother now doesn't it ? Actions have consequences, and there are no easy solutions. I'd like to see the free hand outs stopped, but then that hurts the child, which didn't have a say in the matter. Without stopping it though, it's a perpetual cycle that never ends.

Just look at this, and do you think these illiterate individuals will grow up to be the next Neil Degrasse Tyson ? With luck sports or music is their only way out. And the sad thing, many will end up in jail.

"Today's black illegitimacy rate of nearly 75 percent is also entirely new. In 1940, black illegitimacy stood at 14 percent. It had risen to 25 percent by 1965, when Daniel Patrick Moynihan wrote "The Negro Family: The Case for National Action" and was widely condemned as a racist. By 1980, the black illegitimacy rate had more than doubled, to 56 percent, and it has been growing since."

https://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/w...rate-nearly-75

Old Today, 12:42 PM

14,477 posts, read 7,759,682 times
In most cases, the most lucrative and productive thing in Baltimore is the womb of an unwed single mother.

Old Today, 12:47 PM

50,984 posts, read 26,873,157 times
What’s wrong with that? So what? You’re feeding Americans. That makes me happy. It’d be 100% if it were up to me.

Wanna talk about “moral breakdown?”

Moral breakdown is spending a billion in a half a week in Afghanistan.

Old Today, 12:49 PM

19,417 posts, read 12,319,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
http://archives.marylandpublicschool...ARMSSY2019.xls

Cities that have problems like Baltimore have earned their complete moral breakdowns and decent into the third-world because they roll out the red-carpet for poor women who have babies.

Easy solution to Baltimore's issues is for poor women to not get pregnant and have babies. Also an easy solution is to get rid of the safety-net programs like WIC and TANF that do nothing but encourage women to get pregnant irresponsible.

Interesting, how there are medium-sized cities like Gilbert, Irvine and Scottsdale where the poor women with baby demographic is not welcomed and the barriers to entry are high where they don't have to worry about it.

Johnson's "Great Society" at work.

Money is a tremendous incentive. I would do the opposite and pay people handsomely if they had a vasectomy or their tubes tied.

I would further offer "bounties" of $10,000 cash for those graduating from poverty stricken areas from highschool with a "C" average or better and having passed a minimal competency/literacy test.

Old Today, 12:52 PM

10,323 posts, read 6,324,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
What’s wrong with that? So what? You’re feeding Americans. That makes me happy. It’d be 100% if it were up to me.

Wanna talk about “moral breakdown?”

Moral breakdown is spending a billion in a half a week in Afghanistan.
Agreed. Same with spending $50-100 billion on illegals every year...

Old Today, 12:56 PM

3,549 posts, read 696,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Or, to say what many don't want to say, Illegitimacy is the surest route to poverty.

Absolutely. Only 3% of people who do the following end up in poverty:

1) Finish high school.
2) Don't have babies before you're married.

Now, really.....that's a pretty low bar.

Old Today, 01:02 PM

12,308 posts, read 8,130,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Agreed. Same with spending $50-100 billion on illegals every year...
That $50 to $100 billion cost per year for illegals is a Fox News and conservative talking point. The cost is actually anywhere between $3 to $13 billion a year and that doesn't take into account the sales tax collected from said illegals.

Old Today, 01:05 PM

1,058 posts, read 183,177 times
There are a lot of areas taht fit the 80% category in surburbs, rural, and inner city. Baltimore is a city many cities in the North East and upper mid west that were left behind after the industrial revolution lost steam.

The truth is 2/3rd's of our country is falling behind and the best we can do to have a national conversation is argue who is the biggest rat. Not a single President in my lifetime has reversed this issue, not everyone can live on a costal city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or