U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:09 AM

16,100 posts, read 6,339,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Weather abnormalities happening more frequently IS normal...NOW!

Get used to it.
Really?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
  1. New York City record high - 83 years ago today, July 9, 1936 - 106F
  2. New York State record high - 83 years ago today, July 9, 1936 - 108F in Troy, NY
  3. New York City record low - February 9, 1934 - -15F
  4. Just about every statewide high east of the Rockies and north of the Mason-Dixon - early July 1936
Does anyone else see a pattern? And it's not part of the Climate Freak's narrative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 08:10 AM

19,470 posts, read 12,330,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
True.

An efficient rail network (as a people mover as well as freight) can be part of a successful plan to help the ecology.
We already have that- only people in the congested northeast will do it.

If you want to help the environment, it takes work, which liberals will not do.

1. Plant a few hundred trees

2. Start a few beehives

3. Plant wildflowers

Every lib who still uses central heat and air and drives a car is a absolute hypocrite. Libs like to complain, but they feel action is for other people. Their job is to feel sympathy and complain.

Old Yesterday, 08:22 AM

16,100 posts, read 6,339,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Every lib who still uses central heat and air and drives a car is a absolute hypocrite. Libs like to complain, but they feel action is for other people. Their job is to feel sympathy and complain.
That about says it all.

Old Yesterday, 02:18 PM

30,927 posts, read 31,849,555 times
Quote:
We already have that- only people in the congested northeast will do it.

If you want to help the environment, it takes work, which liberals will not do.

1. Plant a few hundred trees

2. Start a few beehives

3. Plant wildflowers

I'm a lib...I drive a car, an electric car. I use central heat and AC (electric). I plant wildflowers (been doing it for years) I even let the dandelions bloom to help the bees. I worked as a tree planter in my youth......I live in BC where 96% of power is renewable....The only thing I complain about are the do-nothing, blinder wearing anti science global warming deniers

Old Yesterday, 02:51 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,197,320 times
Meanwhile, in Alaska...

https://www.newsandguts.com/wapo-rec...EU0GXzuYhnvc6U

Old Yesterday, 04:24 PM

10,844 posts, read 4,478,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
If you think you can change the ever-evolving climate, you are seriously-deceiving yourself. It will do as it pleases. We can't even do something simple like snuff out a hurricane.
Actually, killing a hurricane is far harder than influencing the climate. Stuff doesn't always work the way your intuition says it should.

Old Yesterday, 05:30 PM

19,470 posts, read 12,330,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I'm a lib...I drive a car, an electric car. I use central heat and AC (electric). I plant wildflowers (been doing it for years) I even let the dandelions bloom to help the bees. I worked as a tree planter in my youth......I live in BC where 96% of power is renewable....The only thing I complain about are the do-nothing, blinder wearing anti science global warming deniers
So you are a hypocrite.

Your electric car, AC, and central heat all require energy to generate that electricity and increases CO2.

You don't plant trees.

You don't place bee hives.

You don't grow your own food, thus you are contributing to ag chemical run off.

You eat meat, so you are contributing 6X the ag chemical input to raise meat.

SO like every other liberal, you like to talk about AGW, but create as much CO2 as everyone else. The good thing is that AGW is a bunch of crap and we need more CO2, so you are actually helping the planet, inspite of your goals.

Why not say , "witch"!, like the other medieval mob members instead of "denier"? You are programmed to ignore any information which threatens your cult, so, like other AGW members, you oppose the scientific method and rational science.

Like every other AGW cult member, you have no scientific degrees, training, or background, but have a supreme knowledge of "science"!

Old Yesterday, 05:41 PM

4,999 posts, read 2,999,287 times
Quote:
So you are a hypocrite.

Your electric car, AC, and central heat all require energy to generate that electricity and increases CO2.

You don't plant trees.

You don't place bee hives.

You don't grow your own food, thus you are contributing to ag chemical run off.

You eat meat, so you are contributing 6X the ag chemical input to raise meat.

SO like every other liberal, you like to talk about AGW, but create as much CO2 as everyone else. The good thing is that AGW is a bunch of crap and we need more CO2, so you are actually helping the planet, inspite of your goals.

Why not say , "witch"!, like the other medieval mob members instead of "denier"? You are programmed to ignore any information which threatens your cult, so, like other AGW members, you oppose the scientific method and rational science.

Like every other AGW cult member, you have no scientific degrees, training, or background, but have a supreme knowledge of "science"!
Often times we all kind of have to deal with what we have. But minimize the impact as much as possible.
Use public transit if available, know if it makes sense to just walk or bike it, etc. When you can replace what is inefficient with what is efficient.

Nobody can make changes overnight.

When they talk about AGW, they do encourage small changes. Not everybody has a luxury of not needing a car. Many times owning it is a must. Its all kind of embedded in our society, and everyone, even the most liberal of libs has dirt on their hands.
The main goal is the big fish. Oil, coal and deforestation. Many huge factors that impact the planet.

Like going after the king pin rather than the dealers or the fiends.

Theres a section of reddit called askscience. Id like to play devils advocate and post your findings.

Old Yesterday, 05:54 PM

5,439 posts, read 2,760,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
International Falls broke 121 year record by posting a low of 37F.

But thats just weather according to warmers.

LOL this post proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that you have absolutely NO CLUE how climate science works.

Old Yesterday, 06:04 PM

18,459 posts, read 8,311,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
International Falls broke 121 year record by posting a low of 37F.

But thats just weather according to warmers.
And record highs in Alaska. But that's just normal according to you.
https://news.yahoo.com/alaska-heat-w...193810542.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or