U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 05:43 PM

24,237 posts, read 12,032,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
Your attempt to do so failed.
I hardly think so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:46 PM

15,105 posts, read 13,398,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Weather abnormalities happening more frequently IS normal...NOW!

Get used to it.
But Oklahoma City didn't set any temperature records this year until last week with a record low of 60.

This July from the result of a flash drought is tied for the 3rd driest July in Oklahoma City history.

Old Yesterday, 05:50 PM

3,053 posts, read 884,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I think your chart demonstrates the concern, current temperature increases are not following the previous patterns.
not following that....that chart shows temps decreasing since the Bronze age.... the same double spikes all over the place...temps a lot higher in the past

...and the same herky jerky spikes...with the overall trend being down

chart > https://australianclimatemadness.fil...and_temps1.png

Old Yesterday, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
not following that....that chart shows temps decreasing since the Bronze age.... the same double spikes all over the place...temps a lot higher in the past

...and the same herky jerky spikes...with the overall trend being down
Stand by for howls of outrage from the warmers.

Old Yesterday, 05:57 PM

18,295 posts, read 10,193,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
International Falls broke 121 year record by posting a low of 37F.

But that’s just weather according to warmers.
Climate change means that weather patterns are disrupted and shifting inmajor and unusual ways, not that every place is warmer all the time. Fact of the matter is, if you have seen any news in the past month, you will notice that a lot of places including Paris are setting new heat records, and if you actually studied the graphs compiled by climate scientist, you will see that the earth is warming at an unusual pace.

But hey, it won't be your problem because you'll be dead and gone, and your children will be the ones to suffer. Maybe your grandchildren, too, if they survive to adulthood.

Old Yesterday, 06:14 PM

2,621 posts, read 1,124,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I hardly think so.
Sometimes the truth hurts.

Old Yesterday, 06:17 PM

2,133 posts, read 825,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
(Scratches head wondering why T-310 is masquerading as the CD weatherman and climate change expert)

You supposedly drive trains for a living. Stick to that. I know where to find Al Roker when i need him..
Wondering when you became a moderator of this forum and can tell people what the can post.

Old Yesterday, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Yep, shouldn't quit his day job.
Trust me I won’t. I get some perverse pleasure knowing I cause millions of tons of CO2 to be belched out by a simple movement of a lever.

Old Yesterday, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Climate change means that weather patterns are disrupted and shifting inmajor and unusual ways, not that every place is warmer all the time. Fact of the matter is, if you have seen any news in the past month, you will notice that a lot of places including Paris are setting new heat records, and if you actually studied the graphs compiled by climate scientist, you will see that the earth is warming at an unusual pace.

But hey, it won't be your problem because you'll be dead and gone, and your children will be the ones to suffer. Maybe your grandchildren, too, if they survive to adulthood.
The earth heats and cools periodically. Anything else is guesswork.

Old Yesterday, 07:32 PM

3,053 posts, read 884,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
if you actually studied the graphs compiled by climate scientist, you will see that the earth is warming at an unusual pace.
..the Y axis is in 10th of a degree

NASA/GISS says it's been 1 degree...in 139 years (actually 0.9 degrees today)

...and currently only 0.8 degrees above the average

https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs...l-temperature/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or