U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 08:32 AM

29,744 posts, read 15,561,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
Ah yes, the old "But Hillary" defense. Because if one person does something, it is negated if anyone else did anything remotely close to the same thing.

"Your honor, sure I robbed a bank. But what about Ted Bundy? He also did bad things. You have to acquit me."
Hillary is relevant because if Trump hadn't won, the person who actually lied more, broke laws and colluded with Rusdians would be in office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 08:33 AM

11,774 posts, read 4,977,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
I'm willing to suspect that while it may not have actually been on 9/11/2001, Trump probably went to ground zero shortly after the event, and maybe even took a case of water/Gatorade or a box of donuts, etc. to one of the accessible tents that were set up for helping the responders/volunteers at the scenes. Even something as simple as that is what good people do when there is a crisis... and I seriously suspect that is what he did. He also may have done it several times and he may have stayed there, talking to folks or even walked around some of the disaster area. One thing for certain is a billionaire has access to things, situations and areas us regular folks would never have access to.

Some of you people with TDS are simply pathetic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4ZfXOil1pk

As it turns out, Donald Trump sent some of his own constructions workers to the site to help AND he walked around in the rubble and some of the dangerous areas. But you people with your TDS just keep bashing the man. You have no idea what kind of man he is yet you insist upon labeling him with your delusional ideals. How pathetic!
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...11-responders/

Quote:
To learn more about Trump’s new Rose Garden story, we interviewed Richard Alles, a New York Fire Department battalion chief on Sept. 11, 2001, who was sitting in the audience July 29. He retired as deputy chief in 2017 after 38 years with the department, and he is now director of 9/11 community affairs for the law firm Barasch and McGarry, which represents clients seeking compensation from the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund.

Alles said he had no knowledge of Trump being at the site or sending 100 or so workers there to help.

If Trump had sent a crew of 100 workers, "there would be a record of it. Everybody worked under direct supervision of the police and fire department and the joint commander for emergency services. Is there a chance he was ever down there by himself and I didn’t know it? It’s possible, but I know of no one who ever witnessed him there."
The claim that you are praising Trump for has not been confirmed. In fact, quite the opposite.

If Trump had done this, he would have gone on about it for ages, as "what a true American" he is. He certainly didn't waste anytime to talk about himself having the tallest building right after 9/11.

Where are all of these workers to verify that they were indeed down there, and paid by Donald?

Old Today, 08:34 AM

31,947 posts, read 20,133,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Any tidbits from another legitimate source like Mother Jones? LOL
You don't need a source for jokes. Links to the twitter would be the source in this case.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old Today, 08:37 AM

3,313 posts, read 1,327,045 times
Nothing but hate and serious TDS on this thread. All for a man I didn't even vote for and won't vote for in the upcoming election. But unlike those with the serious TDS, I harbor no ill will feelings for President Donald Trump. He is a great man who has accomplished many great things in his life. One thing is certain, he has accomplished far more than any of us on CD.

Old Today, 08:39 AM

45,832 posts, read 18,146,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Sad but definitely humorous.

It goes on forever ... some are truly hilarious.
It certainly does. Today brought to you by the Huffington Post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqqwTgk8ri0

(Arianna Huffington laughed all the way to the bank for the 1/2 billion she made off her blog by telling rubes what they want to hear.)

Old Today, 08:47 AM

900 posts, read 481,698 times
Some people say I did more to save the victims of 9/11 than the first responders. I donít say that, but some people do.

Old Today, 08:54 AM

10,891 posts, read 10,601,237 times
Meanwhile, Dolt Cortez can reference the men we put on Mars and planted a flag... and you're all good with that.

No double standard there, right? Of course not.

Old Today, 08:55 AM

311 posts, read 60,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
I'm willing to suspect that while it may not have actually been on 9/11/2001, Trump probably went to ground zero shortly after the event, and maybe even took a case of water/Gatorade or a box of donuts, etc. to one of the accessible tents that were set up for helping the responders/volunteers at the scenes. Even something as simple as that is what good people do when there is a crisis... and I seriously suspect that is what he did. He also may have done it several times and he may have stayed there, talking to folks or even walked around some of the disaster area. One thing for certain is a billionaire has access to things, situations and areas us regular folks would never have access to.

Some of you people with TDS are simply pathetic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4ZfXOil1pk

As it turns out, Donald Trump sent some of his own constructions workers to the site to help AND he walked around in the rubble and some of the dangerous areas. But you people with your TDS just keep bashing the man. You have no idea what kind of man he is yet you insist upon labeling him with your delusional ideals. How pathetic!
r/SelfAwareWolves

Old Today, 08:56 AM

9,642 posts, read 2,370,563 times
Trump Lost History

The man is truly a goofball, the humor is an appropriate way to bring out how ridiculous he has been.

And yes, ridiculous means 'deserving of ridicule'. Trump will be ridiculed long after he is out of office, and long after he has gone to his maker. Future generations will read about him in amazement and also ridicule our generation for having had the poor judgment to choose him.

Old Today, 08:57 AM

9,635 posts, read 4,398,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...11-responders/

The claim that you are praising Trump for has not been confirmed. In fact, quite the opposite.

If Trump had done this, he would have gone on about it for ages, as "what a true American" he is. He certainly didn't waste anytime to talk about himself having the tallest building right after 9/11.

Where are all of these workers to verify that they were indeed down there, and paid by Donald?
So Trump lied about sending his own workers to help out at Ground Zero. I'm shocked. Shocked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or