U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 09:41 AM

9,635 posts, read 4,398,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Okay, yes. Trump was in the area, wearing a suit, giving interviews. That part I agree is truth.
Yeah, and does a 10 minute photo op with some guy from Germany of all places. Then he got back in his limousine and headed back uptown. What a hero.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 09:45 AM

9,642 posts, read 2,370,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
I for one have no doubt that Donald Trump had some of his best guys jump in to help ...
I don't doubt your experiences and that of the people you know, but Trump doesn't have 'best guys' on staff.

He uses contractors on projects that he may be building or repairing. Then of course he often underpays for the services.

Trump Organization is not a construction company. They license the name, sign contracts with partners and promote sales of those contracted properties.

He might have janitors and doormen at his hotel, or greenskeepers from New Jersey, maybe croupiers and security guards from Atlantic city. So he doesn't have 'best guys', he certainly doesn't pay for 'best guys'. Such people (there could have been dozens, if the claim were credible) should be front and center by now, telling their stories. You give that BS artist far too much credit.

Old Today, 09:51 AM

9,635 posts, read 4,398,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I don't doubt your experiences and that of the people you know, but Trump doesn't have 'best guys' on staff.

He uses contractors on projects that he may be building or repairing. Then of course he often underpays for the services.

Trump Organization is not a construction company. They license the name, sign contracts with partners and promote sales of those contracted properties.

He might have janitors and doormen at his hotel, or greenskeepers from New Jersey, maybe croupiers and security guards from Atlantic city. So he doesn't have 'best guys', he certainly doesn't pay for 'best guys'. Such people should be front and center by now, telling their stories. You give that BS artist far too much credit.
Trump's "best guys" on staff? Let's see. That would be Junior, Eric, and Jared. I don't think they would know which end of the shovel to use.

Old Today, 09:54 AM

14,726 posts, read 9,167,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Trump's "best guys" on staff? Let's see. That would be Junior, Eric, and Jared. I don't think they would know which end of the shovel to use.
Shhh we donít talk about Jared.

Old Today, 10:03 AM

1,347 posts, read 301,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Okay, yes. Trump was in the area, wearing a suit, giving interviews. That part I agree is truth.
I'm glad Trump clarified at the bill signing that he wasn't a "first responder" --- yeah, no shirt Sherlock. Did anyone think you were?

Old Today, 12:30 PM

11,774 posts, read 4,977,761 times
Quote:
I used videos from NBC News and a German News outfit and you used a politically biased source where the truth is, they wouldn't report the truth if it didn't favor their political narrative.

I know for a fact that there were first responders from Kansas including firemen, civil and structural engineers, even a couple electrical engineers who had disaster experience went to ground zero. I knew some of these people. There were people experienced from all kinds of disaster capabilities. I had an opportunity to go due to my communications expertise and ability to provide additional, reliable communications which became a huge problem during the 9/11 disaster. I decided against it at the time but two electrical engineers I knew who had far more communications experience than me went for about 3 weeks to help establish additional secure communications.

People like us, from all across the nation went and supported the disaster in ways many of you cannot imagine. I had an opportunity to go but decided against it as I was a recent college graduate and new on my job at the time. I didn't want to jeopardize my new job. Two of my electrical engineering professors wanted me to go because of a couple new things I developed in school while being a part of our amateur radio club. I sent my technology with people I trusted to utilize it in the best manner possible.

That's just one field of expertise that came from one State. People with different specialized abilities from all across the nation and from other countries responded, offering their specialized expertise or anything else they could do to help. You cannot imagine how many people responded, offering their specialized assistance.

I for one have no doubt that Donald Trump had some of his best guys jump in to help, and as someone who was in touch with engineer responders who were at the ground zero area, I know for a fact that much of the organization was a cluster FK, though everyone tried to keep it as organized as possible. I also know for a fact that communications in the area was a huge problem and that's why they wanted people like my professors and me to go. I just had other commitments I was unwilling to break.

As far as Donald Trump goes, I showed you not one, but two videos of him near ground zero days after 9/11. Yet you still want to call him a liar because you hate him so much, your TDS just drives you to scream, "Orange man BAD!"

Shame on you.

Yes, he was there, giving interviews.

As to YOUR claims that he sent hundreds of workers, paid from his own pocket, there is ZERO proof of such.

Your "orange man bad" trope is just that. We have the freedom to like or dislike our leaders in this country. Don't like it? Maybe you should leave.

Old Today, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post

He might have janitors and doormen at his hotel, or greenskeepers from New Jersey, maybe croupiers and security guards from Atlantic city. So he doesn't have 'best guys', he certainly doesn't pay for 'best guys'. Such people (there could have been dozens, if the claim were credible) should be front and center by now, telling their stories. You give that BS artist far too much credit.
Hit the nail on the head.

Old Today, 02:13 PM

1,347 posts, read 301,997 times
A guy who skipped out from war when his country called sure does want to appear to be in on the 9/11 "I did my part" action. I witnessed people jumping, I lost hundreds/thousands of friends/I was down there at ground zero with you in support.

Right, champ, I believe you, not.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...eading-claims/

Old Today, 04:38 PM

3,313 posts, read 1,327,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Yes, he was there, giving interviews.

As to YOUR claims that he sent hundreds of workers, paid from his own pocket, there is ZERO proof of such.

Your "orange man bad" trope is just that. We have the freedom to like or dislike our leaders in this country. Don't like it? Maybe you should leave.

The claim wasn't from me but from Donald Trump in the interview you couldn't even stand to watch due to your TDS. As to who paid for those workers, I have no idea. I never claimed Trump paid them nor did I see anyone else but you bring up pay.

If I had gone to ground zero I would have had to do it on my own dime. Even our housing would have been very unsure as many volunteers plus those stranded in NYC due to air traffic being shut down, filled up much of the hotels and motels. That's known as volunteering. Many of us, especially those who don't suffer from severe TDS, understand what it means to volunteer to do something.

You know something... I seriously feel sorry for people like you. People who seem to have nothing but hatred for anything that doesn't align with your political beliefs/demands.

Old Today, 04:43 PM

Quote:
The claim wasn't from me but from Donald Trump in the interview you couldn't even stand to watch due to your TDS. As to who paid for those workers, I have no idea. I never claimed Trump paid them nor did I see anyone else but you bring up pay.

If I had gone to ground zero I would have had to do it on my own dime. Even our housing would have been very unsure as many volunteers plus those stranded in NYC due to air traffic being shut down, filled up much of the hotels and motels. That's known as volunteering. Many of us, especially those who don't suffer from severe TDS, understand what it means to volunteer to do something.

You know something... I seriously feel sorry for people like you. People who seem to have nothing but hatred for anything that doesn't align with your political beliefs/demands.
Don't waste your time, I don't ascribe to any part, and certainly not any cults (D or R). I haven't liked the man for decades, because he's a crappy human being.

Trump has made the claim that he paid for workers out of his own pocket. Again, where are these people now/ Why can none be found that can back his assertions?

Again, with you tired TDS BS. Get over it. People can dislike who they want. It's a free country. maybe you'd be more comfortable in the DPRK , where everyone has to think the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or