U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2019, 09:30 PM

5,703 posts, read 2,454,527 times

Advertisements

Marianne on CNN! Most searched for candidate!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2019, 09:32 PM

9,664 posts, read 17,712,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
How do you generate the Electricity for all the cars in 2040 when you already have brown outs in places like CA and NY ?
What brownouts in CA? I've lived here for over 30 years and I don't know what you're talking about. Maybe a short blackout if someone crashes into a pole or a transformer blows up. But there is no shortage of electricity that I'm aware of. Certainly not in Silicon Valley. PGE has been talking about shutting down high-tension lines during windstorms in high-risk areas as a precautionary fire prevention measure. But that's got nothing to do with the overall supply.

BTW, new homes in CA are required to have solar panels. We do, and it supplies more than enough to zero out our utility bill including charging our electric car. We absolutely love our solar installation.

Old 07-30-2019, 09:32 PM

27,291 posts, read 9,569,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Marianne Williamson is a moon unit.
Yeah, and she's the one that looks rational and almost sane !!!

Old 07-30-2019, 09:41 PM

10,554 posts, read 2,965,933 times
Marianne Williamson won. The only reason people don't take her serious is because they worship power and don't want that dynamic changed.

Old 07-30-2019, 09:45 PM

1,769 posts, read 651,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Why?
So that she would look more feminine and make her more personable. Hillary suffered from the same problem.

Old 07-30-2019, 09:46 PM

27,291 posts, read 9,569,358 times
Where was the diversity on that stage ?
Seems like they set this stage for all the candidates that won't get the nomination !!!
More like a stage of possible V.P. choices !!!
I'm calling it right now !!! Harris gets the nomination !!!

Old 07-30-2019, 09:47 PM

7,338 posts, read 4,063,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Delaney and Ryan with a nod to Klobuchar were very solid but don’t have “ it”.

Mayor Pete has a future in politics. Maybe a Senator or Governor.

Beto needs to go home.

Hope Maryanne remains in the mix, just because.
Warren "won," if anyone won. She's pretty far left on some issues, for me. But I think Dems. probably liked what they saw tonight from her.

I think Maryanne Williamson, for all her kooky reputation, is sort of like the heart of it all. She reminds us all that we need to have a moral uprising and appeal to decency and the love of all us Americans for each other, to counter the opposite thing that Trump brought to the country (appealing to racism, bigotry, hate, etc.). I think she's right. It's not particular plans and intellectual ideas, although those things are necessary. It's more than that.

Agree about Mayor Pete. I'd vote for him for President, even though he's a bit green, just because he's extraordinary and has good judgment, from what I can tell. But he won't win the nomination.

This isn't Beto's time.

I don't think Delaney did well. With me, anyway.

Ryan...no.

Klobuchar - very good. I hope she gets the VP slot. She'd be perfect.

Hickenlooper & Bullock - Two governors. They have good ideas and, being governors, have more of a sense of knowing what a President can and cannot do. And are moderate. But this is for a primary, so I don't think they can make it.

Sanders did fine. He's not my cup of tea. He's very experienced. He always does okay.

Old 07-30-2019, 09:52 PM

10,332 posts, read 7,674,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Seattle area is very expensive. That's why $15/hr makes sense.

40 more restaurants opened after they raised min. wage. Over 100,000 new workers were hired. Some had hrs cut, some didn't. They put that money back into the local economy, helping the economy of the area. (not into an investment account, like wealthy people do)
links, please

Old 07-30-2019, 09:52 PM

11,947 posts, read 6,207,261 times
So Beto in his retarded wisdom just claimed 3 different ways to claim "$100s of billions" of savings with his policies. Does anyone REALLY believe that this fool (or ANYONE) can gain $300B+ of savings? How is anyone dumb enough to believe this nonsense.

Old 07-30-2019, 09:53 PM

10,332 posts, read 7,674,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
I don't get the sense that any besides Buttigieg really understand what this is about. They are trying to debate policies and why theirs (the dem view) is better...but none have actually come out and said "elect me as your president and this is why".

Virtually all of what they are all talking about requires Congress to write AND pass bills with both side's support, and THEN the president can sign them.

There is absolutely zero chance of repealing all private healthcare here. Done deal. It would be political suicide to suggest it.

Warren keeps railing about the $23b in health insurance profits this year...what she doesn't understand is health insurance companies do a remarkable job keeping a lid on costs in an industry where $3.5 TRILLION is spent annually. And they do it way more efficiently than the government would be able to do it.
I did the math on her claim. It was $71 per American. Now THAT is evil I tell you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or