U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2019, 03:34 AM

12,915 posts, read 4,370,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Andrew Yang's IQ is at least 3x that of Donald Trump.
Yet Donald Trump is president and Andrew Yang is a nobody.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2019, 03:56 AM

10,291 posts, read 12,070,267 times
Tulsi Gabbard really dug into Kamala last night:

Tusli had a notable exchange with Harris when she attacked her over her record as California attorney general, accusing Harris of locking up people of color for low-level drug offenses, hiding evidence that would have freed an innocent man on death row and fighting for long prison sentences to use prisoners for cheap prison labor.

Tulsi to Kamala: “When you were in a position to impact these people’s lives you did not and worse yet in the case of those on death row, innocent people, you actually blocked evidence that would have freed them, until you were forced to do that, and the people who suffered under your reign as prosecutor, you owe them an apology,” Gabbard said.

For those of you who enjoyed Tulsi: Google reports she was the most searched last night.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...primary-debate

Old 08-01-2019, 04:35 AM

19,586 posts, read 17,636,733 times
Gabbard savaged Harris last night, that was obvious. I enjoyed seeing her loser her composure when finally seeing real criticism and having to defend her record. I think Harris is going the way of Beto now, her stock has dropped disastrously.
The doof from Colorado came across as a total nobody, too. Booker was as mentally challenged as ever.
The only sane candidates seem to be Biden, and he's creepy as Hell and corrupt on top of it. And Ryan who isn't crazy enough and therefore is more of a dark horse candidate.

Old 08-01-2019, 04:38 AM

3,485 posts, read 1,727,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefe View Post
Not the case at all... Biden polls much better among African Americans than either Booker or Harris.
I thought Booker had a decent debate. I'm not a huge fan of his, but think he debated very well and think he'll probably get a bump after last night. I never realized how unlikable Kamala Harris is. She is always angry and comes across as overly serious and upset. Someone needs to work with her on her disposition.

Old 08-01-2019, 04:41 AM

3,485 posts, read 1,727,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
If the Democrats were smart they would run Tulsi.
I was impressed by her. Tough, level-headed, and seems to know what she's talking. Loved the way she attacked the super angry looking Kamala, only to make her look even more overly serious and flustered.

Old 08-01-2019, 04:50 AM

8,296 posts, read 2,416,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
I thought Booker had a decent debate. I'm not a huge fan of his, but think he debated very well and think he'll probably get a bump after last night. I never realized how unlikable Kamala Harris is. She is always angry and comes across as overly serious and upset. Someone needs to work with her on her disposition.
she has a chip on her shoulder, not someone America takes seriously.

Old 08-01-2019, 04:56 AM

1,146 posts, read 203,162 times
Mt take away after the debates:
Still way to early to assess candidates due to number of runners and split debate nights
Kamala Harris goose is cooked
Biden, Warren, Sanders remain front runners with no change
Half the field should disappear overnight to get front runners on the stage together

Once the feeds gets down to top 5 I will pay more attention, too much noise and people looking to land a one liner.

Old 08-01-2019, 05:08 AM

32,303 posts, read 36,960,668 times
All I really heard was:

Open Borders.

Call it what you want but if it's not illegal, you don't arrest and you never deport....

It's called Open Borders. Plus you provide incentives like free Health Insurance, housing and food.

Old 08-01-2019, 05:15 AM

27,275 posts, read 9,322,658 times
Why is it OK when Biden is punching down ? Riddle me that democrats !!!

Old 08-01-2019, 05:19 AM

32,303 posts, read 36,960,668 times
Also Obama is 97% approval rating with Democrats.

Sure seems like this group of hopefuls did a lot of Obama attack.
Don't see where they benefit from calling out Obama's policies.

Stupid policies like enforcing the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or