U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2019, 08:44 AM

6,794 posts, read 3,513,035 times

Advertisements

Cliff Notes of last night’s debate:

RACISM!!! RACISM!!
RACISTS!! RACISTS EVERYWHERE!!
WHITE NATIONALIST IN THE WHITE HOUSE!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2019, 08:45 AM

24,661 posts, read 12,883,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I too liked Bullock best in the first debate and probably Gabbard in the second.

I also acknowledge a moderate can’t beat Trump.

Trump won by tapping into fear and anger. It’s going to take a revolution of anger to beat Trump.
That much of that agenda is DOA and/ or subject to moderation in Congress does not matter as much as beating Trump.

I am speaking from a strategic standpoint, not my own position which trends moderate.
I disagree. Sure that campaign focus works on firing up the base...but the 78,000K votes that swung three states didn't vote for Trump out of fear.

Most likely -- he won those three swing states by close margins because the last month of the campaign he focused don those states. Clinton being a divisive individual was part of the formula. Folks thinking they would 'give him a try'. all of those things combined most likely helped Trump win the last election.

Since Trump won his election the 'approval' ratings have dropped and never gone back up.

Not sure a revolution of any kind will lose or win the election for Trump -- especially if the results come down to some 78K votes in three swing states like it did the last time.

Old 08-01-2019, 08:48 AM

880 posts, read 262,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Cliff Notes of last night’s debate:

RACISM!!! RACISM!!
RACISTS!! RACISTS EVERYWHERE!!
WHITE NATIONALIST IN THE WHITE HOUSE!!!!!!!
Well if the hood fits......

Old 08-01-2019, 08:49 AM

47,586 posts, read 34,911,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshaBrady1968 View Post
I am so late to this party!

So much to read, I have only skimmed. But my quick 2 cents is this: it goes without saying that everyone debating hates Tr***. I don't want only hate talk. I don't even want some hate talk. I want what is positive moving forward. The ones who did not dwell on hate are the ones jumping ahead for me.

I want a woman sssoooo badly. I think the US needs a woman- are we not the only country in the first world who has never had a woman?

I am a very educated and professional white woman from an oil and gas family. I am married to a black man from a very educated family, all going to HBCU schools, and living on the "black" side of town. I asked him who would be more repressed in today's world him or me. Even he said that I would be the more discriminated against.

Sad state of affairs in which we find ourselves.
Interesting. Why do you want a woman ” sssooo badly”?

Gender is meaningless to me. So is ethnicity, race and religion.

Old 08-01-2019, 08:53 AM

12,971 posts, read 3,569,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Don't forget right to kill your baby right up to the day of delivery.
Fetus, not baby.

Old 08-01-2019, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Interesting. Why do you want a woman ” sssooo badly”?

Gender is meaningless to me. So is ethnicity, race and religion.
It should be meaningless, but the fact that in a country that is 50% female and has had 0% females in the POTUS seat or even in the Veep seat, frankly scares the shyte out of me.

It is also skewed similary against minorities, but we have had a semi* minority at least, and there is a higher percentage of women mathematically.

This has to have been INTENTIONAL

Does that not frighten you?

*semi: Obama is mixed, just as much white as black. As a white mom of mixed kids, this is an important personal distinction for me

Old 08-01-2019, 08:56 AM

24,661 posts, read 12,883,620 times
I would never vote for a woman just because she is a woman but given similar qualifications, pros and cons that balance themselves out -- as a woman -- I would love to see a woman as President.

We keep saying women have equal opportunities - -it would be nice to see that in practice.

Does it mean I will vote gender first -- nope....not at all.

Old 08-01-2019, 09:01 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,873,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Looked at tulsi gabbard seriously, that ended last night.

she claimed Trump is supporting AQ.

Head exploded!

The Saudis have funded AQ for years, that has been widely reported. It was true before and after 9/11. Trump is being best buddies with the Saudis so is implicitly giving them the OK to continue supporting AQ. It is a dangerous game Trump is playing - basically it is a version of my enemy's enemy is my friend. The primary enemy being Iran.

Hope your head gets better.

Old 08-01-2019, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I would never vote for a woman just because she is a woman but given similar qualifications, pros and cons that balance themselves out -- as a woman -- I would love to see a woman as President.

We keep saying women have equal opportunities - -it would be nice to see that in practice.

Does it mean I will vote gender first -- nope....not at all.
Well, me either.
I love Klobuchar. She has the most succinct answers regarding the clearest plans. I feel she is having trouble picking up steam because she does not think, function, or communicate on the 8th grade level that apparently has to be standard to get a bulk of people's attention. She also is so smart and capable it may have thwarted her ability to charm.
I wanted Booker to run ever since the judicial hearings, and I still really like him. He is my current front runner, but if I am correct, I hope he does pick a woman as Veep.

Old 08-01-2019, 09:11 AM

47,586 posts, read 34,911,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I disagree. Sure that campaign focus works on firing up the base...but the 78,000K votes that swung three states didn't vote for Trump out of fear.

Most likely -- he won those three swing states by close margins because the last month of the campaign he focused don those states. Clinton being a divisive individual was part of the formula. Folks thinking they would 'give him a try'. all of those things combined most likely helped Trump win the last election.

Since Trump won his election the 'approval' ratings have dropped and never gone back up.

Not sure a revolution of any kind will lose or win the election for Trump -- especially if the results come down to some 78K votes in three swing states like it did the last time.
The Trump Campaign focused Trump on critical swing states far more so than the Hillary campaign did.

The polls assessed the popular vote and all but one recognized pollster projected Hillary the winner of the popular vote. The devil was in the detail of margins.

Polls 15 months out are meaningless to anyone other than the candidates challenging the incumbent.

If “ I did not vote” was a candidate, it would have won in a landslide in 2016.

The thing about near election polls is that they can energize some to get off their butts and vote while others think it’s in the bag.

I intended to skip the president vote in 2016 and focus on the down ticket and local issues. I decided to vote Trump in the voting booth and did so because I think it important for all 3 branches to be aligned by party, from time to time.

I don’t attribute/ blame the good, bad and ugly in my life on any POTUS or party and have never voted a straight ticket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or