U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2019, 09:01 AM

4,438 posts, read 2,670,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Looked at tulsi gabbard seriously, that ended last night.

she claimed Trump is supporting AQ.

Head exploded!

The Saudis have funded AQ for years, that has been widely reported. It was true before and after 9/11. Trump is being best buddies with the Saudis so is implicitly giving them the OK to continue supporting AQ. It is a dangerous game Trump is playing - basically it is a version of my enemy's enemy is my friend. The primary enemy being Iran.

Hope your head gets better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2019, 09:02 AM

714 posts, read 195,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I would never vote for a woman just because she is a woman but given similar qualifications, pros and cons that balance themselves out -- as a woman -- I would love to see a woman as President.

We keep saying women have equal opportunities - -it would be nice to see that in practice.

Does it mean I will vote gender first -- nope....not at all.
Well, me either.
I love Klobuchar. She has the most succinct answers regarding the clearest plans. I feel she is having trouble picking up steam because she does not think, function, or communicate on the 8th grade level that apparently has to be standard to get a bulk of people's attention. She also is so smart and capable it may have thwarted her ability to charm.
I wanted Booker to run ever since the judicial hearings, and I still really like him. He is my current front runner, but if I am correct, I hope he does pick a woman as Veep.

Old 08-01-2019, 09:11 AM

46,698 posts, read 34,386,406 times
Quote:
I disagree. Sure that campaign focus works on firing up the base...but the 78,000K votes that swung three states didn't vote for Trump out of fear.

Most likely -- he won those three swing states by close margins because the last month of the campaign he focused don those states. Clinton being a divisive individual was part of the formula. Folks thinking they would 'give him a try'. all of those things combined most likely helped Trump win the last election.

Since Trump won his election the 'approval' ratings have dropped and never gone back up.

Not sure a revolution of any kind will lose or win the election for Trump -- especially if the results come down to some 78K votes in three swing states like it did the last time.
The Trump Campaign focused Trump on critical swing states far more so than the Hillary campaign did.

The polls assessed the popular vote and all but one recognized pollster projected Hillary the winner of the popular vote. The devil was in the detail of margins.

Polls 15 months out are meaningless to anyone other than the candidates challenging the incumbent.

If “ I did not vote” was a candidate, it would have won in a landslide in 2016.

The thing about near election polls is that they can energize some to get off their butts and vote while others think it’s in the bag.

I intended to skip the president vote in 2016 and focus on the down ticket and local issues. I decided to vote Trump in the voting booth and did so because I think it important for all 3 branches to be aligned by party, from time to time.

I don’t attribute/ blame the good, bad and ugly in my life on any POTUS or party and have never voted a straight ticket.

Old 08-01-2019, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshaBrady1968 View Post
Well, me either.
I love Klobuchar. She has the most succinct answers regarding the clearest plans. I feel she is having trouble picking up steam because she does not think, function, or communicate on the 8th grade level that apparently has to be standard to get a bulk of people's attention. She also is so smart and capable it may have thwarted her ability to charm.
I wanted Booker to run ever since the judicial hearings, and I still really like him. He is my current front runner, but if I am correct, I hope he does pick a woman as Veep.
Klobuchar is solid but lacks “ it”.

I am surprised that Booker has not performed better.

Old 08-01-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I didn't watch the July 30 or 31 debates. after watching the democratic party presidential debates last month and reading the candidates answers to the debate questions the last two days, I know what the democratic party is embracing for 2020: open borders, free healthcare for illegals, student loan payoffs by taxpayers, $1000 a month government stipends, shutting down the fossil fuel industries, "taxing the hell out of the rich", reparations for black citizens, third trimester abortion on demand, government mortgage assistance for black citizens, eliminating private health insurance in favor of government control of healthcare, and all white americans are entitled, racist, and privileged.

What a great platform!
If you had watched the debates you would know that ^^^^ is not the Democratic platform. Yes, some of those things got mentioned by some of the candidates but there is wide disagreement about most of it. Whoever ends up winning the nomination will determine the platform.

Old 08-01-2019, 09:20 AM

6,361 posts, read 4,396,963 times
What a hot mess. However, I am glad to see the diversity in their group. They have a number of individuals with special needs. You don’t normally see that many special needs individuals like Booker, Blasio, Harris and Williamson in such a high profile position. good on the dems!

Old 08-01-2019, 09:23 AM

32,303 posts, read 36,925,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
While some stood out, every single one of the debaters over the two nights was better informed with both a better grasp of issues and better policy ideas than Trump. Every one of them.
Your issues you think are important, many of us think are destructive to the nation.
They have moved so far left they even make Williamson look like a Moderate.

They are promising so many freebies and promoting open borders.

Old 08-01-2019, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Funniest Thing said: Cory Booker to Joe Biden: "Dipping in the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor"
And then the look on Biden's face seemed to say "I wonder what he meant by that?". Poor old Joe. He should just retire.

Quote:
Reading reviews of the debate.

One of the biggest criticisms of the CNN hosts - -they kept interrupting the candidates...keeping to the time limit

Biggest criticism of the first rounds of debate before.....the hosts didn't interrupt the candidates or keep the candidates to the time limit.

Proof positive -- folks just want to complain.
This is true.

Same complaints about the early Republican debates in 2015.

32,303 posts, read 36,925,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Klobuchar is solid but lacks “ it”.

I am surprised that Booker has not performed better.
He lacks It also.

No way will a guy from NJ with his whiny aggressive attitude appeal to any type of middle class America.
From what I see he's not even attracting the Black vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or