Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2019, 08:17 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,648,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
The government run "crap" called Medicare seems to be quite popular.
Why wouldn't it be? You pay into it your whole working life.

Medicare for seniors is not even close to the same thing as medicare for all.

And Medicare doesn't cover everything; you have to have a supplemental policy to be 100% covered.

Old 08-01-2019, 09:01 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,407,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Why wouldn't it be? You pay into it your whole working life.

Medicare for seniors is not even close to the same thing as medicare for all.

And Medicare doesn't cover everything; you have to have a supplemental policy to be 100% covered.
This is something I think many of the pols don't understand! You or your spouse has to have paid into SS for 10 years. Yes, I realize there are some exceptions, but these are the rules for the vast majority. This idea that the working people are paying for the retirees Medicare isn't quite accurate.

Old 08-02-2019, 08:08 AM

5,481 posts, read 7,064,967 times
Gillibrand said that if you want to get something done, just tell her it's impossible.

I'll take the challenge.

Gillbrand, it's impossible for you to become President.

Now let's see you get it done while the rest of us laugh at your white privilege lecture.

Old 08-02-2019, 09:08 AM

20,831 posts, read 17,022,632 times
I honestly don't see any "winners" at this point.

Old 08-02-2019, 10:01 AM

1,940 posts, read 1,019,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
I honestly don't see any "winners" at this point.
Tulsi Gabbard

Old 08-02-2019, 10:41 AM

1,074 posts, read 636,197 times
Not like they did each other last night. That comment that Trump made was in an interview....not during the debates and he was also not debating McCain lol

After listening to the debates again because I missed the beginning and wanted to hear a specific reference again, here are a couple of things.
De Blasio went on about clean water and lead in housing. Below is a link to a Town Hall the military had in reference to one of the posts that is in NY which includes stuff about off post housing too. Also a link to their water quality. It's not just there, it's all over.
https://www.army.mil/article/211162/...n_lead_hazards
I know this is on federal property but...https://home.army.mil/drum/applicati..._Drum_AWQR.pdf

If Castro was so active in the Flint water issue, then how come it was not resolved? Also since HUD does work with active duty military and the VA, when why did they not work on the complaints with housing and water issues there first so he could say that he fixed it and there was a great improvement? This includes the Senators, the ex VP, Secretaries, Governors that are campaigning. What is government ran should be fixed first. That way if one of them successfully fixes it, they have bragging points. (Hope that makes sense).

I know some have made reference to Inslee and wanting to know more about him. If you have a FB page check out King5 and Komo News find the posts they made about him. You can't make it up. Also he went on about clean air and clean water but yet, there is currently sewage floating in the Pugent Sound.
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...each-closures/
He has also recently signed into effect that WA state is a sanctuary state.[/quote]

Oopsies- right you are! Still, I do recall some real ugliness in the Rep debates in 2016. I think it is what just kinda happens when one side gets desperate, and that's the point I was trying to make. Dems and Reps are more alike than different on that.

I believe you saying that Inslee had just made WA a sanctuary state was insinuating that this fact would run people off (??) To me, that makes me like him more, and I don't think I am alone on my side, but perhaps there are some moderates that you have won with that statement.

Old 08-02-2019, 11:09 AM

19,969 posts, read 8,876,470 times
We (wife and I) pay about $600 a month - combination Medicare/BCBS Supplemental, we haven't taken out my wallet at a doctors office in 3 years. I'm fine with that. I also paid into Medicare for 40+ years.

Like millions of others, I don't want my insurance taken away from me. Or am I going to be told again, "if you like your plan, you can keep it" again by the Democrats? They screwed it up once (Obaamcare), who would be stupid enough to listen to these snake oil salesmen again?

Old 08-02-2019, 11:24 AM

5,058 posts, read 2,988,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post
Tulsi Gabbard
Shhh — everyone “knows” it’s a Biden/Booker ticket next Fall. Sanders will be a good soldier and play along in the primaries farce (he had plenty of practice in 2016).

Old 08-02-2019, 11:28 AM

19,969 posts, read 8,876,470 times
Biden yes.... female VP though

Old 08-02-2019, 12:09 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,779,948 times
\

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshaBrady1968 View Post

Oopsies- right you are! Still, I do recall some real ugliness in the Rep debates in 2016. I think it is what just kinda happens when one side gets desperate, and that's the point I was trying to make. Dems and Reps are more alike than different on that.

I believe you saying that Inslee had just made WA a sanctuary state was insinuating that this fact would run people off (??) To me, that makes me like him more, and I don't think I am alone on my side, but perhaps there are some moderates that you have won with that statement.

It has ticked many people off. Trust me if his own stated does not like him, that speaks major volumes.
From King 5 FB page when announced that he is not in the next debate:
Quote:
He isn’t getting my money. He grossly misrepresented the access Washingtonians have to behavioral health during the last debate. Moreover, he is a one issue candidate. He is wasting state resources to run and it is wildly unrealistic that he will be the nominee. He needs to be done and get back to doing his job.

Should have never ran anyway! Complete hack job in Washington state!

Sweet!!! Less circus clowns to take stage and turn on each other hahahaha.. hopefully people are done with him and his taxes...he needs to go

That puke isn't qualified to wipe butts in a nursing home.Pathetic POS only King County could love and ruin the rest of the state with them.

It's countless, comment out of comment of stuff like this. Has been since he announced he was running.

This also just graced my feed. This is not far from the State capital. This is EVERYWHERE out here.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies