U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2019, 07:59 PM

1,327 posts, read 619,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabronie View Post
I'm curious how you know this if they don't admit it?
Nobody knows who votes for whom when they go behind that curtain. I bet there are millions of "closet" Trump voters, and this wouldn't be the first President where it's like that.

Quote:
Donating to a cause has nothing to do with raising basic universal health standards and quality of life for the country - again, don't see what connection you're attempting to make. I owed for the first time in 2016, could I have found 'some way' to pay less? Maybe? But to be frank as someone that has had some hard times, I actually felt, I'unno, OK with it.
Sure it does! To give everyone great healthcare costs money. That's another thing liberals don't get about rich people. Many, many rich people donate to charities, or your words "causes", because they'd rather it go directly to that agenda rather than giving it to Uncle Sam to waste.

Quote:
If you love numbers and stats so much, go look up how many 'tens of trillions' get usurped by corporations. Which I guess you're cool with seeing that 'saving as much as legally is possible' is equivalent to 'saving as much as is reasonable'.
Let me guess, you're talking about Amazon? They take the tax money they don't pay and build huge distribution centers, etc. (and write it off), and create thousands and thousands of jobs. Jobs=taxpayers.

Quote:
Lets agree to disagree.
Fine by me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2019, 08:04 PM

15,799 posts, read 13,703,146 times
The way they attack Biden via Obama's policies, you would think Obama is a Republican.

I do not think this strategy is going to work well.

Old 08-01-2019, 08:12 PM

9,378 posts, read 2,871,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Most people who are smart have made it in life and don't want to give their hard-earned money away to bums looking for handouts. In other words, not Bernie supporters.

I know not one person who wants to lose their health insurance for government run crap.

And lol, Trump would completely annihilate either of them. Their stupid, radical, "let's give everyone free sh*t" ideas won't work which is just a matter of basic math.

Meanwhile Trump's policies are mostly working.

Not that someone like you would ever admit it.
The government run "crap" called Medicare seems to be quite popular.

Old 08-01-2019, 08:17 PM

1,327 posts, read 619,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
The government run "crap" called Medicare seems to be quite popular.
Why wouldn't it be? You pay into it your whole working life.

Medicare for seniors is not even close to the same thing as medicare for all.

And Medicare doesn't cover everything; you have to have a supplemental policy to be 100% covered.

Old 08-01-2019, 09:01 PM

87,160 posts, read 103,079,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Why wouldn't it be? You pay into it your whole working life.

Medicare for seniors is not even close to the same thing as medicare for all.

And Medicare doesn't cover everything; you have to have a supplemental policy to be 100% covered.
This is something I think many of the pols don't understand! You or your spouse has to have paid into SS for 10 years. Yes, I realize there are some exceptions, but these are the rules for the vast majority. This idea that the working people are paying for the retirees Medicare isn't quite accurate.

Old 08-02-2019, 08:08 AM

4,382 posts, read 5,325,234 times
Gillibrand said that if you want to get something done, just tell her it's impossible.

I'll take the challenge.

Gillbrand, it's impossible for you to become President.

Now let's see you get it done while the rest of us laugh at your white privilege lecture.

Old 08-02-2019, 09:08 AM

12,316 posts, read 11,392,986 times
I honestly don't see any "winners" at this point.

Old 08-02-2019, 10:01 AM

1,253 posts, read 481,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
I honestly don't see any "winners" at this point.
Tulsi Gabbard

Old 08-02-2019, 10:41 AM

722 posts, read 197,113 times
Not like they did each other last night. That comment that Trump made was in an interview....not during the debates and he was also not debating McCain lol

After listening to the debates again because I missed the beginning and wanted to hear a specific reference again, here are a couple of things.
De Blasio went on about clean water and lead in housing. Below is a link to a Town Hall the military had in reference to one of the posts that is in NY which includes stuff about off post housing too. Also a link to their water quality. It's not just there, it's all over.
https://www.army.mil/article/211162/...n_lead_hazards
I know this is on federal property but...https://home.army.mil/drum/applicati..._Drum_AWQR.pdf

If Castro was so active in the Flint water issue, then how come it was not resolved? Also since HUD does work with active duty military and the VA, when why did they not work on the complaints with housing and water issues there first so he could say that he fixed it and there was a great improvement? This includes the Senators, the ex VP, Secretaries, Governors that are campaigning. What is government ran should be fixed first. That way if one of them successfully fixes it, they have bragging points. (Hope that makes sense).

I know some have made reference to Inslee and wanting to know more about him. If you have a FB page check out King5 and Komo News find the posts they made about him. You can't make it up. Also he went on about clean air and clean water but yet, there is currently sewage floating in the Pugent Sound.
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...each-closures/
He has also recently signed into effect that WA state is a sanctuary state.[/quote]

Oopsies- right you are! Still, I do recall some real ugliness in the Rep debates in 2016. I think it is what just kinda happens when one side gets desperate, and that's the point I was trying to make. Dems and Reps are more alike than different on that.

I believe you saying that Inslee had just made WA a sanctuary state was insinuating that this fact would run people off (??) To me, that makes me like him more, and I don't think I am alone on my side, but perhaps there are some moderates that you have won with that statement.

Old 08-02-2019, 11:09 AM

8,284 posts, read 2,405,502 times
We (wife and I) pay about $600 a month - combination Medicare/BCBS Supplemental, we haven't taken out my wallet at a doctors office in 3 years. I'm fine with that. I also paid into Medicare for 40+ years.

Like millions of others, I don't want my insurance taken away from me. Or am I going to be told again, "if you like your plan, you can keep it" again by the Democrats? They screwed it up once (Obaamcare), who would be stupid enough to listen to these snake oil salesmen again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or