Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2019, 09:09 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,779,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Unless I missed it, ( doing laundry in the background) everyone chose to speak English, tonight.
They did. lol!

Old 07-30-2019, 09:09 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,518,206 times
I missed part of it to take a call. Did Marianne Williamson make the white audience members apologize to black audience members for being white?

Old 07-30-2019, 09:12 PM

3,164 posts, read 1,713,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Sanders is always so angry...like Trump.

Tim Ryan - enlarge Medicare to age 50. (I don't like that...it'll screw up Medicare, which is already struggling. It relies on people paying into it for decades.)
Except for some immigrants who put in the minimum or close to it.

Old 07-30-2019, 09:13 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,387,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
"Wish list" is a list of things that can't be passed into law, for whatever reason. When the Senate and House are controlled by different parties, a plan that is too far left or too far right cannot get passed.

If something isn't feasible financially, it can't be done.

So having goals is great, having plans for those goals is great and voters want to hear it, but in reality, a party's plans for one-party goals can't be passed when two parties control Congress. So....a wish list. It tells voters the candidate's thoughts, and what each candidate would want to do, if it could be done in the real world. And what the candidate would strive for.
What is too far left about destroying private equity firms from burying companies in debt and then shortchanging investors who buy into the deal anyways because investment firms buy faulty loans as a self industry?

The truth is the reason politics is so stringent is because of how Americans are taught to view politics. All policy must promote corporate growth and job investment.

That is where the Obama/Clinton democrat comes from, social policies that promote corporate investment like the ACA.

To change that we need someone he undoes our political dynamics or else this "it can't be done' mentality will be controlled by corporations who push this country further away from average workers and towards the hands of financial managers.

Old 07-30-2019, 09:15 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,387,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I missed part of it to take a call. Did Marianne Williamson make the white audience members apologize to black audience members for being white?
No, but she was the best.

She talked about making DC worry about social well being and not just increasing GDP and economic growth.

The left for decades has been trapped explaining why tax and spend increases private business activity. Now they can move beyond tax and spend to structural reform on how capital is managed and by who.

Old 07-30-2019, 09:17 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,557,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I don't think so at all. I don't think he has the stamina to make it to the primary.

The only reason I think he's doing so well in the polls is his name - it's one of only a few that people recognize.

My guess (today - it could change next month) is that the nominee will be Kamala.
Name recognition and appeal to more moderates and Independents who are not likely going to go waaay left of Obama.

I recall the Biden vs Ryan debate in 2012. Biden was so goofy he threw Ryan way off his game.

Old 07-30-2019, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Beto O'Rourke looks out of his league.

He was such the "cool guy" when running for the Senate in Texas, now he looks like a guy struggling to stay relevant and keep up.

He's most likely gonna be out of the race if he doesn't do well tonight.
His heavy makeup made him look like a corpse. Reparations- wth?!

Old 07-30-2019, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Beto's got nuttin.
He might get the illegal vote.

Old 07-30-2019, 09:23 PM

10,018 posts, read 9,463,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
She certainly has asked whites in audience members to apologize to black audience members in the past.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...ogy-nr-vpx.cnn

Old 07-30-2019, 09:27 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,557,288 times
Delaney and Ryan with a nod to Klobuchar were very solid but don’t have “ it”.

Mayor Pete has a future in politics. Maybe a Senator or Governor.

Beto needs to go home.

Hope Maryanne remains in the mix, just because.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies