Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2019, 09:06 PM

12,030 posts, read 6,560,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
20 years ago, none of these candidates would have a chance.

Now they probably have at least 50 percent chance of winning.

This shows how far left the country has moved due to immigration and radical colleges indoctrinating young people with 'white privilege' type of rhetoric.
At the same time that the country has moved far left, we’ve dropped in education near bottom internationally.
Makes sense......

Old 07-31-2019, 09:14 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,859,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
He didn't really seem like he wanted to be on that stage tonight.

Biden performed kinda weak tonight, not fully answering some questions, ending his thought when time was up--stuttering and not getting his words out or right at times.

I like Biden, and wish he would've ran in 2016--he would've won. But in 2020, it's an uphill battle and I don't think he has the chops for it anymore.
Completely agree. He was fumbling all night with his words and delivery; He was uneven; Lacked a lot of energy; didn't have any memorable lines or strong delivery of lines.

I also wish he would have run in 2016. I hoped to see the tough Scranton guy, but he's just not a good speaker or debater.

The other huge flaw of Biden's is that he doesn't know how to attack well. In these debates you have to do that. I honestly don't think he will make it through the tough debates with the front runners.

Old 07-31-2019, 09:17 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,638,621 times
The Dems are a train wreck !!!
They can't even agree on the way forward !!! As long as government is in charge and can force people to do what they want them too, alls good !!!
Interesting to note some of them highlight and recognize Obama's failures, want open borders !!!

Old 07-31-2019, 09:21 PM

10,049 posts, read 14,414,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Completely agree. He was fumbling all night with his words and delivery; He was uneven; Lacked a lot of energy; didn't have any memorable lines or strong delivery of lines.

I also wish he would have run in 2016. I hoped to see the tough Scranton guy, but he's just not a good speaker or debater.

The other huge flaw of Biden's is that he doesn't know how to attack well. In these debates you have to do that. I honestly don't think he will make it through the tough debates with the front runners.
Yeah, part of me thinks even he hopes he doesn't make it through, in order to be the Democrat's nominee.

IMO, I think the Democratic party will put up someone that is not frankly as old, and someone that is less "old school" Democrat in their thinking. Think Kamala Harris or Tulsi Gabbard.

Old 07-31-2019, 09:22 PM

17,355 posts, read 14,606,875 times
#joe3030

That’s all I got.

Old 07-31-2019, 09:27 PM

934 posts, read 402,032 times
Poor Joe. Half of them went after him.
Thought that no one would be more irritating than Kamala and DeBlasio, but was mistaken. They passed the torch to Booker and Gillibrand. Two biggest fakes on the stage.
Bennet would be likable if he doesn't have the voice of an 80yo. Heck, Bernie sounds younger.
Castro is skillful, I don't know what to think of Inslee.
Tulsi was great and my all time fav, Yang, had the best closing statement. Or, shall I
say - he had the best words. Enjoy

Old 07-31-2019, 09:35 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,564,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
#joe3030

That’s all I got.
The question is will his smelling/sniffing powers still work then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H5NJZMDumY

Old 07-31-2019, 09:36 PM

1,940 posts, read 1,027,020 times
Quote:
Gabbard is their best candidate, at least in terms of personality. She doesn't come across as a hater.

I'm kind of surprised she's not a Republican.

Trump would have to go softer on her than the other female candidates b/c a lot of guys will want to be her white knight.

This Republican voter is in love with Mrs. Gabbard.
I'm a moderate democrat and like Gabbard a lot, everyone else is too far left or wishy-washy. She has had a strong foreign policy since the start. She is in the military and had two tours in Iraq. She wants to end our foreign wars driven by greed more than anyone.

She is level headed, smart and can turn up the heat when needed without loosing her cool.

Old 07-31-2019, 09:50 PM

4,515 posts, read 2,519,632 times
Quote:
Yang said that we need to seek higher ground because flooding from global warming is on the way.

If that's not a jump the shark moment, what is
No...it was "seek higher ground" because the bull$hit was getting deep!

Old 07-31-2019, 10:00 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,688,128 times
Does anybody else think that the Democrats need to be careful when it comes to race in some of these debates. You only have 2 black candidates. If these two try and put down some of the white candidates (Joe Biden for example) & act as if they aren't not going to look out for black peoples interest or that he has a history of throwing more blacks in jail by his policies.

What happens if Biden is the one who ends up on the ticket? How many black Americans are going to vote for him if they've already accepted that he's not the person they want because of what Booker & Harris has put out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies