Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2019, 05:26 AM

58,712 posts, read 26,982,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
The Democrats ARE the unions. They won't do anything unions don't approve of. If Republicans had their way, there would be no unions at all. They have actively sought to do away with unions, and have succeeded to a large extent.

"The Democrats ARE the unions. They won't do anything unions don't approve of." Agree

"If Republicans had their way, there would be no unions at all." Strongly I DISagree.

Show us ANY evidences of trying to get rid of ALL unions.

I AGREE in there should NOT be public employees unions.

I was a non-public employee union member. Was even a union Steward.

I was also in management.

I worked for Uncle Sam, so I have experience in ALL facets of unions.

What is YOUR VAST union experience?

Old 08-01-2019, 05:29 AM

40,931 posts, read 48,971,778 times
https://twitter.com/ScottBaio/status...41979176226816

Old 08-01-2019, 05:50 AM

1,940 posts, read 1,018,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Looked at tulsi gabbard seriously, that ended last night.

she claimed Trump is supporting AQ.

Head exploded!

Obama called ISIS the JV team, giving them time to recruit and expand across the ME and get a head start on a killing spree using crucifixion and beheading.

then Obama donated billions of dollars to Iran the greatest state of terrorism on the globe!!!!

Al that was overlooked by the media and dems.

TG looked and sounded like a total fool, hypocrite and shallow political hack.
Tusi Gabbard is keeping the conversation current. Trump surrounded himself with pro-war advisers and secretary's after kicking out the guys that know the toll of war and how to be smart about our intervention.

The terrorists that attacked us on 9/11 were from Saudi Arabia and we are still fighting that war.

Tulsi Gabbard is on Fox more than CNN and was blocked by Google after the first debate shows me how the democratic party is playing favorites. Gabbard is a right leaning moderate with war experience, young and level headed.

Of all the candidates polling in single digits Gabbard was the strongest and I want to see her in the third debate.

Old 08-01-2019, 05:52 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,724,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post

Biden's healthcare plan is just to keep the ACA but fix it and let people keep their plan where they work if they want to. Kind of simple. Don't throw the baby out with the dishwater--build on the ACA which we already have. And he's not forcing anyone to join the ACA. He's got all the right policies but he's just not a good debater, probably he's too nice a guy. He's the guy you'd want to sit down and have a beer with, a good neighbor, a good friend. Too bad so much of this has to rely on debating skills.
Well unless your wife or kids smell good. Then he gets all sniffy. Up close sniffy.

Old 08-01-2019, 05:55 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,640,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Yet Donald Trump is president and Andrew Yang is a nobody.
No, he is definitely somebody.. whether you like him or not..

Politics aside, would i rather my son grow up to be more like Donald Trump or Andrew Yang... ? Not really a tough question is it!

Old 08-01-2019, 06:01 AM

40,931 posts, read 48,971,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post

Politics aside, would i rather my son grow up to be more like Donald Trump or Andrew Yang... ? Not really a tough question is it!
He's buying votes.

Vote for me and I'll send you $1000 a month.

Just another Democrat giving away stolen money.

Old 08-01-2019, 06:01 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,724,153 times
Quote:

I would rather my kids grow up like either one of them than like Hillary Clinton!

Old 08-01-2019, 06:06 AM

19,394 posts, read 6,462,072 times
Quote:

Personality-wise, you mean? Yeah, I'd prefer Andrew Yang myself.

But This is not a middle school contest. It's policies that matter. And I am not voting for someone who says he wants to give $1,000 a month to everyone.

Old 08-01-2019, 06:11 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,160,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
The republicans have dropped the ball on healthcare and I am disappointed at it. My personal viewpoint is I disagree with the current system of no consumer price shopping and disagree with the proposed system of "use whatever you want because it's free". But insurance companies do accomplish a decent amount of price shopping on consumers behalf and do a good job of keeping a lid on increased costs. The US produces the lions share of healthcare advances and the world takes advantage of that by mandating low reimbursement rates for advances.
1. Nobody's going to "use whatever they want because it's free." I think most people will avoid receiving medical services if it's unnecessary. I don't know a single person that receives unnecessary medical care. It's an incredible waste of time going to the doctor for something unnecessary. You know who currently does waste people's time and money? People in the medical profession who profit off of unnecessary care. I visited an allergy doctor and he likes me to come in every 6 months as a check up? Why - I have no freaking clue medically. So I can blow into a tube and pay like $100 for it and be there for 10 minutes and learn that my lungs are functioning fine. It's a total waste. I'm saying this as someone who's run a marathon in just over 3 hours while not being on a single allergy or asthma medication. But hey, he needs customers to stay in business. Or how about the physical therapist who gets a $45 copay every time I walk in the door even though I can do the same exercises at home.

2. President Trump likes to talk about how we subsidize everyone else's share of the lack of funding they pay to NATO, yet he prefers a system in which U.S. citizens pay more for medical care per capita than the rest of the world to fund these advancements, to the point that people ration prescriptions or avoid going to the doctor sometimes for necessary care if they don't have sufficient insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post

Yet somehow the government was 90% funded by tariffs before the individual income tax was implemented in the 1900's. Clearly they can work. Adjustment is needed. The bigger issue is Trump actually has stated numerous times he wants zero tariffs worldwide on American products going into other countries. Sometimes you must take a step back in order to move forward.
Comparing how we funded our government over 100 years ago when only a handful of countries were industrialized and it took several days to travel to another continent is silly.

Adjustment is needed for trade. I'm not sure you get there by starting a trade war. We won't win a trade war with China right now.

Old 08-01-2019, 06:12 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,457,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakin View Post
yup
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies