Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 07:13 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times

Advertisements

If someone wants you dead, you will die.
That is a fact of life.

Getting the drop, is the easy part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2019, 07:23 AM

57,263 posts, read 26,192,233 times
He bought the gun in Nevada, he would not have been allowed to purchase the gun in California. Yet another way in which strict gun laws in one state are defeated by weak gun law states.

Old 07-31-2019, 07:52 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Obviously no one expected someone with the intention of mass shooting to cut the fence.

Had this not been a gun free zone, it’s possible more people would have been shot as it is not possible to distinguish a good vs bad guy with a gun in the middle of chaos. Conversely, it’s also possible those armed would have ran for their lives with everyone else, as they did in the Dallas mass shooting. They grasped in an instant that firing their firearm would have made them targets of other good guys with guns in addition to an unknown number of bad guys with guns.

Old 07-31-2019, 01:36 PM

50,263 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
Sometimes words have to be backed up with actions. California has been searching cars for other items for decades now.
They don't search anything. They ask you a question and you say yes or no. They don't check for ammo either.

Old 07-31-2019, 01:39 PM

50,263 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
He bought the gun in Nevada, he would not have been allowed to purchase the gun in California. Yet another way in which strict gun laws in one state are defeated by weak gun law states.
Was he a felon? With a change of address he would have bought it here. We can still buy AKs and ARs in CA.

Even as a felon he could have bought parts here and had a to go weapon in one hour.

Old 07-31-2019, 01:52 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
He got the gun in Nevada, not a gun free zone. It’s a good thing there is never mass murders in Nevada.

I just heard on the news this clown was living at Walker Lake. Outside Hawthorne in Mineral county. Close to home for me. I'm from Yerington about an hour away. If God thought NV needed an enema he would put it in Mineral county.

It's a seriously crappy place. Walker Lake/Hawthorne is an armpit. I know. I lived there for a spell before I moved back home. This cretin had only been there since 2017 so I don't think he was local. Might have known someone there but I figure he was there because it's so off the map.

Blew me away when they brought Walker Lake up on FOX. Not exactly a ...going concern...there. It's a lake all right. A dead one. Not a fish left in it. I call it the Devil's Pi$$ Puddle. Mono Lake is only a short ways from there. There's a big Army ammo depot there. 10 miles away in Hellthorne.

If that base ever closes there won't be a thing in Mineral county of any note at all.

Old 07-31-2019, 02:02 PM

1,991 posts, read 900,039 times
But it wasn’t a gun free zone was it? There were armed trained police officers patrolling the festival. Didn’t seem to give the gunman a pause did it? Why do think you would have made a difference with your weapon when the well trained police did not? Thank goodness the bubbas with a gun were not there. It kept the casualties down.

Old 07-31-2019, 09:25 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,009,739 times
I have long advocated banning the AR-15, but after this we need to look at banning the AK-47 as well. It's my understanding that the AK-47 is actually a 'true' assault weapon, whereas the AR-15 is an assault-style weapon.

We should also look at banning the clips. This likely wouldn't have happened here in Washington state, as we have passed assault rifle controls that just went into effect on July 1.

Old 07-31-2019, 09:31 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
Quote:
He got the gun in Nevada, not a gun free zone. It’s a good thing there is never mass murders in Nevada.
What, there was a Major one not long ago, a concert in Las Vegas.

Old 08-01-2019, 06:31 AM

10,231 posts, read 6,315,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
What, there was a Major one not long ago, a concert in Las Vegas.
Plus he was shooting down from a hotel window. Armed concert goers would not have be able to do a thing. Police went to his hotel room but he shot himself rather than be captured.

If an mass shooter is prepared to die himself, will he care if there are armed citizens? Take out as many people as he can, before he himself dies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies