U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2019, 06:37 AM

19,524 posts, read 17,581,650 times

Advertisements

I have a Cabelas near me and always see cars from NY and NJ in the parking lot whenever I'm there. I'm in Pa. They can't buy guns in their home states so they come here to buy them. Legally. We have the background checks and all the paperwork gets turned over to the feds.
People want to own firearms and they will own firearms and that's just the reality of it. Women, minorities, democrats, they want firearms just like conservatives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2019, 06:44 AM

14,336 posts, read 11,713,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
I have long advocated banning the AR-15, but after this we need to look at banning the AK-47 as well. It's my understanding that the AK-47 is actually a 'true' assault weapon, whereas the AR-15 is an assault-style weapon.

We should also look at banning the clips. This likely wouldn't have happened here in Washington state, as we have passed assault rifle controls that just went into effect on July 1.

LOL. CA was way ahead of you. It's totally illegal to bring a service type rifle and accessories into CA as a non resident and resident both and has been for some time. The AK is no more a "true assault weapon" than an AR other than it fires a heavier cartridge.

And just to be a further purist and be annoying it's a "magazine" not a "clip" fed rifle. The SKS is a "clip fed rifle, but not the AK or AR. And neither is as capable of inflicting mayhem better (in the hands of a rifleman) than a standard old deer rifle. Just ask Charles Whitman and a lot of folks at the University of Texas back in 1966.

And you're so worried about folks like me who have an AR or AK in their safe but the bangers who have REAL military hardware straight from the arsenals of the US military are off your radar? They are turning city neighborhoods into Fallujah every day.

Old 08-01-2019, 06:45 AM

19,569 posts, read 12,360,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
https://crimeresearch.org/2019/07/we...andgun-permit/

Sad sad article

californikation needs to be given back to Mexico

Maybe he was really a vampire.

Old 08-01-2019, 07:55 AM

14,336 posts, read 11,713,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I have a Cabelas near me and always see cars from NY and NJ in the parking lot whenever I'm there. I'm in Pa. They can't buy guns in their home states so they come here to buy them. Legally. We have the background checks and all the paperwork gets turned over to the feds.
People want to own firearms and they will own firearms and that's just the reality of it. Women, minorities, democrats, they want firearms just like conservatives.

Non residents of a state cannot buy and walk out with any firearm. I has to be shipped to an FFL in their home state and the purchase concluded there. If the gun is purchased from a dealer like Cabelas. Mail order internet gun buys are also a myth. They have to be done through an FFL dealer.

It's gotten old to me to hear these strict gun law states blaming their failed policies on neighboring states. Cuz it just ain't so. Legally purchasing a firearm is a process. Paperwork, the BC it's all in place. Places like Chicago and NYC like to blame their failed gun laws on their neighbors but they always fail to mention that guns coming from outside are being brought ILLEGALLY and not by law abiding shooters.

Old 08-01-2019, 10:18 AM

6,485 posts, read 3,626,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Cabelas, and Bass Pro Shops, sells a lot more than just firearms. No fishing and camping equipment? On a recent trip to Cabelas in Allentown I bought a new set of kitchen knives, bedding, and some flannel shirts. Husband bought a knife to scale fish and those waterproof pants and boots for fishing.

My husband owned guns in NY, including NYC., and bought them there. Is Edelman's still around? Just have go through a lot of hoops, and PAY a lot of money.

Old 08-03-2019, 01:01 PM

32,804 posts, read 16,769,064 times
Man, this has to be some inconvenient timing for the argument brought forth in the OP:

https://time.com/5643110/el-paso-texas-mall-shooting/

Old 08-03-2019, 01:55 PM

15,761 posts, read 4,171,311 times
Yeah, looks like all those Texas guns do a much better job at killing! Texas WINS. All those guns and no one to stop the shooter.

Sad. It's the end of the USA...because, frankly, no one cares. Here is a great article explaining why it really is the end.....when a nation doesn't care about their kids, their innocents, grandma or their fellows...well, what is left?

https://eand.co/why-were-underestima...e-be04d9e55235

"And that is my last pathology: it is one of the soul, not one of the limbs, like the others above. American appear to be quite happy simply watching one another die, in all the ways above. They just don’t appear to be too disturbed, moved, or even affected by the four pathologies above: their kids killing each other, their social bonds collapsing, being powerless to live with dignity,or having to numb the pain of it all away.
If these pathologies happened in any other rich country — even in most poor ones — people would be aghast, shocked, and stunned, and certainly moved to make them not happen. But in America, they are, well, not even resigned. They are indifferent, mostly."

Old 08-03-2019, 02:36 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,323 posts, read 2,979,487 times
It was not a gun free zone. Police officers responded in less than one minute and fired multiple rounds into the shooter.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/07/29/gilro...lice-response/

Old 08-03-2019, 02:39 PM

15,761 posts, read 4,171,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
It was not a gun free zone. Police officers responded in less than one minute and fired multiple rounds into the shooter.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/07/29/gilro...lice-response/
I think what some are getting at is that if 1000 attendees were carrying they could have all joined in and lots more people could be dead too.

Old 08-03-2019, 02:47 PM

34,550 posts, read 41,708,762 times
What can be done to curb these all to frequent mass shootings, i hear a lot of talk then a week or two later theres another mass shooting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies