U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 08:20 PM

7,171 posts, read 2,636,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
Ok, well that's not relevant to this topic. He's been dead for awhile.

I don't think Falwell was ever that big of a deal in the Republican party and I remember El Rushbo and other conservatives calling him out for that comment.

This topic is about Sharpton.

I don't think pro abortion people really have any room to call anybody a hater.
Follow the thread. This is about seeking a rite of passage. You criticize dems for seeking Sharpton;s backings yet every GOP presidential candidate goes to Liberty U. And yes Jerry is dead but Jerry Jr. has replaced him and is cut form the same cloth.

You keep bringing up pro abortion but it is way beyond that.

You keep dodging the extreme anti-gay position of the Moral Majority. Why is that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 08:20 PM

50,998 posts, read 26,873,157 times
Quote:
By hateful, you mean they don't have your leftwing views. You are the hater of people who don't have your views.

I don't see h ow you have any credibility to call other people hateful when you just defended Sharpton's cop killing comment. #Shrug

I have feeling Democrats handing Trump a massive election victory with the cop hate and Al Sharpton gushing along with the constant and obviously false accusations of racism.
Meh...whatever. Cops put their pants on just like I do.

Old Today, 08:21 PM

7,700 posts, read 4,055,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Follow the thread. This is about seeking a rite of passage. You criticize dems for seeking Sharpton;s backings yet every GOP presidential candidate goes to Liberty U. And yes Jerry is dead but Jerry Jr. has replaced him and is cut form the same cloth.

You keep bringing up pro abortion but it is way beyond that.

You keep dodging the extreme anti-gay position of the Moral Majority. Why is that?
B/c I don't want to talk about that issue on here. This topic is about Al Sharpton and the Democrats praising him. I started the topic.

Again, you can't explain when Falwell advocated violence against a group of people like Sharpton did. You are making a false equivalence to deflect away from the criticism of Sharpton and the Democratic candidates gushing over him that I've presented.

Old Today, 08:23 PM

Quote:
B/c I don't want to talk about that issue on here. This topic is about Al Sharpton.
So basically you only care about dems seeking approval from a controversial character but not GOP. OK. Gotcha.

Old Today, 08:24 PM

Quote:
So basically you only care about dems seeking approval from a controversial character but not GOP. OK. Gotcha.
I don't agree with your assessment every Republican candidate was going hard for Falwell's support. In your leftwing world, all Republicans are super religious. That's not the real world.

I think pretty much every prominent Republican criticized Falwell for his 911 comment which contradicts your silly premise.

I note again you have nothing to say about the cop killing comments and your Democrat candidates gushing over the guy who advocated killing cops.

It is all about deflecting away from the topic.

Old Today, 08:26 PM

5,529 posts, read 6,928,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So is Trump. In fact, thatís a perfect description of him.

If Sharpton is a money grabber, that just makes him the typical Christian Pastor. He obviously learned his trade well.

Unless Sharpton set the blaze himself, I donít care.

Got anything else besides ďheís black, has money, and exhorts people to set fires?Ē
I think Al' s history speaks for itself and is reason enough to question why a Party would hitch its wagon to someone as savory as him.

I still don't understand what Democratic leaders think they get from him as most African Americans I know don't hold much credence in him. Is it white party leaders thinking Sharpton is the leader of blacks and acts as some sort of Pied Piper in bringing in votes?

I admit I can't stand the guy, but that comes from living in NYC area my whole life and hearing his BS constantly.

1,126 posts, read 400,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Unless Sharpton set the blaze himself, I donít care.
That's an interesting standard. Do you apply it consistently?

Quote:
I don't agree with your assessment every Republican candidate was going hard for Falwell's support.
Name the last GOP president elect or presidential candidate that did not go to Liberty U? I will wait. This should be good.

P.S. I lived in Lynchburg VA (where Liberty U is located) for 13 years

Old Today, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Name the last GOP president elect or presidential candidate that did not go to Liberty U? I will wait. This should be good.

P.S. I lived in Lynchburg VA (where Liberty U is located) for 13 years
It seems like going to Liberty U is about talking to voters, not getting Falwell's endorsement.

If I was running for president, and I got an invite to speak somewhere, I would try to do it.

Are you saying a political candidate should not go speak to voters at a religious college?

Also, can you cite any prominent Republican candidate who endorsed Falwell's 911 comment?

You are reaching for a point that isn't there for you.

I don't think Falwell's son has said anything comparable to what Papa Falwell said after 911.

If he's responsbile for his daddy, then why wasn't AL Gore held responsible for his father's support for segregation when Papa Gore was a senator.

Old Today, 08:31 PM

27,169 posts, read 19,202,531 times
Quote:
yeah, he called for cops to be killed and he's made numerous anti-Semitic comments. That's something else for normal people.

#Shrug
an awful lot of whattaboutism going on in this thread. leftists are uncomfortable talking about formerly-fat al.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or