U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 09:49 AM
 
19,207 posts, read 9,786,793 times
Reputation: 5382

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
It has nothing to do with how "good" they are, but rather how much leverage they have. CEO-to-worker pay ratio has skyrocketed since the 1960s. Its not because CEOs have become 50 times better/smarter/more hardworking than the typical worker. With sports stars and artists, its all about marketing. Does the best paid artist today have 100 times better voice than the best voice 50 years ago? You know its all about marketing.
Regardless what the reason is, itís none of your damn business how much they are paid.

You are not God or a slave owner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 09:49 AM
 
67,026 posts, read 30,716,136 times
Reputation: 8771
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
What? Somehow enslaving others is a great thing?
Well, the left has always been pro-slavery. Nothing new there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 10:27 AM
 
838 posts, read 216,663 times
Reputation: 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Regardless what the reason is, itís none of your damn business how much they are paid.

You are not God or a slave owner.
There is no god, but lots of slave owners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 01:28 PM
 
15,615 posts, read 8,002,350 times
Reputation: 8062
IMO Medicare for all should be funded with a national sales tax of .25%. That way everyone will pay into it depending on how much money they spend. Food should be exempt.

Not a Dem or Repub but I do believe we should have Medicare for all or some sort of Universal healthcare plan because it would help small businesses and even larger corporations (those rich folks you care so much about lol) to save some money and be able to put those funds into other more important aspects of their business.

Most Americans don't realize how much of a burden healthcare/insurance costs are to employers. I do feel that burden should be passed to the government and the government can/should outsource it to private sector insurance companies to manage in order to minimize job losses in that sector.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 01:32 PM
 
5,628 posts, read 1,408,308 times
Reputation: 4365
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
IMO Medicare for all should be funded with a national sales tax of .25%. That way everyone will pay into it depending on how much money they spend. Food should be exempt.

Not a Dem or Repub but I do believe we should have Medicare for all or some sort of Universal healthcare plan because it would help small businesses and even larger corporations (those rich folks you care so much about lol) to save some money and be able to put those funds into other more important aspects of their business.

Most Americans don't realize how much of a burden healthcare/insurance costs are to employers. I do feel that burden should be passed to the government and the government can/should outsource it to private sector insurance companies to manage in order to minimize job losses in that sector.
Government = taxpayers or rather the 55% of those who pay federal income taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 01:35 PM
 
67,026 posts, read 30,716,136 times
Reputation: 8771
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
IMO Medicare for all should be funded with a national sales tax of .25%. That way everyone will pay into it depending on how much money they spend. Food should be exempt.

Not a Dem or Repub but I do believe we should have Medicare for all or some sort of Universal healthcare plan because it would help small businesses and even larger corporations (those rich folks you care so much about lol) to save some money and be able to put those funds into other more important aspects of their business.

Most Americans don't realize how much of a burden healthcare/insurance costs are to employers. I do feel that burden should be passed to the government and the government can/should outsource it to private sector insurance companies to manage in order to minimize job losses in that sector.
It would have to be 25%, like European countries, not 0.25% which would not raise enough revenue. And I agree. Everyone pays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 01:54 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
20,373 posts, read 13,975,700 times
Reputation: 5242
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
A $300 000 salary cap is just as silly as arguing that CEOs and sports stars are 50 times smarter/better today than 50 years ago. Please try to be open to a middle ground here and not go from one extreme to the other.

Rich people threatening to leave is just a paper tiger. Lets find the guts to call out their bluff and not act like meek mice. Hardly anyone really leaves and the US government already makes it difficult as it is.
Well, is $300k a year is silly, what salary cap do you think would be fair for the top ranked privately owned companies to pay their CEO, CFOs, etc...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 01:57 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
20,373 posts, read 13,975,700 times
Reputation: 5242
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
IMO Medicare for all should be funded with a national sales tax of .25%. That way everyone will pay into it depending on how much money they spend. Food should be exempt.

Not a Dem or Repub but I do believe we should have Medicare for all or some sort of Universal healthcare plan because it would help small businesses and even larger corporations (those rich folks you care so much about lol) to save some money and be able to put those funds into other more important aspects of their business.

Most Americans don't realize how much of a burden healthcare/insurance costs are to employers. I do feel that burden should be passed to the government and the government can/should outsource it to private sector insurance companies to manage in order to minimize job losses in that sector.

Some estimates for annual increased costs for Medicare for all, is $3 trillion a year. Do you think that sales tax will cover that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 02:12 PM
nng
 
224 posts, read 52,830 times
Reputation: 318
I feel this way. The billionaires and millionaires should be taxed more because they will still be rich even if they are taxed more. You cannot honestly tell me that a fast food worker or a low paid worker should be taxed as much as a billionaire. I have nothing against rich people, but even if you tax a billionaire fifty percent they will still be filthy rich. If you tax a low paid worker or a fast food worker fifty percent, he will have nothing to live on. That's the difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 02:18 PM
 
Location: Stillwater, Oklahoma
15,444 posts, read 13,496,292 times
Reputation: 4692
Quote:
Originally Posted by nng View Post
I feel this way. The billionaires and millionaires should be taxed more because they will still be rich even if they are taxed more. You cannot honestly tell me that a fast food worker or a low paid worker should be taxed as much as a billionaire. I have nothing against rich people, but even if you tax a billionaire fifty percent they will still be filthy rich. If you tax a low paid worker or a fast food worker fifty percent, he will have nothing to live on. That's the difference.
Thanks. You got common sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top