U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 02:23 PM
 
11,618 posts, read 6,059,933 times
Reputation: 3724

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nng View Post
I feel this way. The billionaires and millionaires should be taxed more because they will still be rich even if they are taxed more. You cannot honestly tell me that a fast food worker or a low paid worker should be taxed as much as a billionaire. I have nothing against rich people, but even if you tax a billionaire fifty percent they will still be filthy rich. If you tax a low paid worker or a fast food worker fifty percent, he will have nothing to live on. That's the difference.
Sure I can. Why cant I? Why cant they be on the hook for the same % as someone "rich" like that? Seems very fair to me. Nobody is claiming minimum wage workers should be taxed 50% so your argument is a bit ridiculous.

Additionally who are you to determine who gets to still be "filthy rich" and why do you think its "fair" to steal their money. Are you OK with preventing someone like Jeff Bezos from spending some of his vast wealth on exploring space? You could literally be limiting mankind from our next huge discovery, but because it makes you feel warm and fuzzy to take their money, you ignore that fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 02:24 PM
 
Location: Stillwater, Oklahoma
15,444 posts, read 13,496,292 times
Reputation: 4692
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Well, the left has always been pro-slavery. Nothing new there.
What is the right doing about combating pro-slavery? Nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 02:31 PM
nng
 
224 posts, read 52,830 times
Reputation: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Sure I can. Why cant I? Why cant they be on the hook for the same % as someone "rich" like that? Seems very fair to me. Nobody is claiming minimum wage workers should be taxed 50% so your argument is a bit ridiculous.

Additionally who are you to determine who gets to still be "filthy rich" and why do you think its "fair" to steal their money. Are you OK with preventing someone like Jeff Bezos from spending some of his vast wealth on exploring space? You could literally be limiting mankind from our next huge discovery, but because it makes you feel warm and fuzzy to take their money, you ignore that fact.
Of course taxing the rich more just because they are rich is unfair. A lot of things are unfair. But I am afraid the republicans would tax people like my hard working RN mother more just so billionaires can get an even bigger tax break. I don't want the average joe to be taxed more so billionaires can get an even bigger slice of the economic pie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 02:34 PM
 
Location: Stillwater, Oklahoma
15,444 posts, read 13,496,292 times
Reputation: 4692
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Sure I can. Why cant I? Why cant they be on the hook for the same % as someone "rich" like that? Seems very fair to me. Nobody is claiming minimum wage workers should be taxed 50% so your argument is a bit ridiculous.

Additionally who are you to determine who gets to still be "filthy rich" and why do you think its "fair" to steal their money. Are you OK with preventing someone like Jeff Bezos from spending some of his vast wealth on exploring space? You could literally be limiting mankind from our next huge discovery, but because it makes you feel warm and fuzzy to take their money, you ignore that fact.
Once again, if you want government, especially more of it, somebody has to pay for it. That is a tough reality. In Oklahoma City, voters regularly pay for more government by keeping the city sales tax up to pay for the next thrilling new big government civic project. All aboard for the Republican supported new streetcars.

Another reality is if you drop the tax rate on the poor to a more realistic 25% for everybody, the poor would be eligible for more welfare, something many conservatives oppose.

Everybody should still have better than half of their income left after being taxed, but as somebody would say, who am I to determine that?

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; Yesterday at 02:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 02:35 PM
 
11,618 posts, read 6,059,933 times
Reputation: 3724
Quote:
Originally Posted by nng View Post
Of course taxing the rich more just because they are rich is unfair. A lot of things are unfair. But I am afraid the republicans would tax people like my hard working RN mother more just so billionaires can get an even bigger tax break. I don't want the average joe to be taxed more so billionaires can get an even bigger slice of the economic pie.
This isn't even a realistic response, no substance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 02:37 PM
 
11,618 posts, read 6,059,933 times
Reputation: 3724
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Once again, if you want government, especially more of it, somebody has to pay for it. That is a tough reality.
Who said I want more government. I want less, significantly less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 02:46 PM
nng
 
224 posts, read 52,830 times
Reputation: 318
Someone has to pay for the government budget, military etc. if the rich aren't going to be taxed more, then the tax burden falls to people like my hardworking RN mother, who is already taxed a whopping third of her income. I don't want the average joe being taxed more just so the billionaires can get even richer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 02:53 PM
 
5,628 posts, read 1,408,308 times
Reputation: 4365
Quote:
Originally Posted by nng View Post
I feel this way. The billionaires and millionaires should be taxed more because they will still be rich even if they are taxed more. You cannot honestly tell me that a fast food worker or a low paid worker should be taxed as much as a billionaire. I have nothing against rich people, but even if you tax a billionaire fifty percent they will still be filthy rich. If you tax a low paid worker or a fast food worker fifty percent, he will have nothing to live on. That's the difference.
Low paid workers pay little to no taxes. 45% pay ZERO federal income taxes. Do you think that's rich people? I assure you it's not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nng View Post
Of course taxing the rich more just because they are rich is unfair. A lot of things are unfair. But I am afraid the republicans would tax people like my hard working RN mother more just so billionaires can get an even bigger tax break. I don't want the average joe to be taxed more so billionaires can get an even bigger slice of the economic pie.
That is not what Republicans want. That's what Democrats tell you they want so you will get mad and vote for them. They want people to keep what they earn. They want to incentivize people to work and take responsibility. When you give handouts to people, you incentivize them not to work

Quote:
Originally Posted by nng View Post
Exactly. Someone has to pay for the government budget, military etc. if the rich aren't going to be taxed more, then the tax burden falls to people like my hardworking RN mother, who is already taxed a whopping third of her income. I don't want the average joe being taxed more just so the billionaires can get even richer.
I call BS. No way a nurse is paying 33% income tax rate. You don't understand how income taxes work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 02:54 PM
 
Location: Stillwater, Oklahoma
15,444 posts, read 13,496,292 times
Reputation: 4692
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Who said I want more government. I want less, significantly less.
Many Republican leaders, such as in Oklahoma City, would disagree with you. Trump wants more bigger government by increasing national debt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 03:04 PM
 
11,618 posts, read 6,059,933 times
Reputation: 3724
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Many Republican leaders, such as in Oklahoma City, would disagree with you. Trump wants more bigger government by increasing national debt.
Why do I care what OKC Republicans or Trump want? Has no bearing on what I want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top