Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2019, 08:48 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
He bought it, but there was 0 garauntee or even likely hood at the time it would blow up the way it did.

Life isn't fair buttercup.

Life isn't fair buttercup.
Absolutely, there is no guarantee which is why he was rewarded for risking money he earned. Maybe there is hope for you.

However, now that it's asked if you share your luck, there is that sudden change to life isn't fair. Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2019, 08:49 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,830,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Absolutely, there is no guarantee which is why he was rewarded for risking money he earned. Maybe there is hope for you.

However, now that it's asked if you share your luck, there is that sudden change to life isn't fair. Lol
What sudden change? There has been no change. My position is the same it always has been.

Please tell me how my position changed.

Old 07-31-2019, 08:50 AM

25,690 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Why Should The Rich Pay MORE?
They shouldn't. They get the same services the rest of us get. Actually, fewer services than many of us. They should pay for services rendered directly to them, just as all the rest of us should.

Old 07-31-2019, 08:52 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
What sudden change? There has been no change. My position is the same it always has been.

Please tell me how my position changed.
Wasn't your original position that you agreed the rich should pay more due to luck being the main factor of their wealth?

Old 07-31-2019, 08:53 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,830,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Wasn't your original position that you agreed the rich should pay more due to luck being the main factor of their wealth?
No.

My position is that luck is the largest overriding factor in becoming wealthy. That has nothing to do with taxes it has to do with the act of becoming wealthy.

The graduated tax scale we have now is fine (as I said earlier) no one should be disincentived from making another buck, but some level of diminishing returns is acceptable.

Old 07-31-2019, 09:30 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren seem to want the rich to pay more to fund all the govt programs that they want. Is that the best reason to raise taxes on the rich? Not all Americans agree with their programs.
I was asked a question and I answered it.

Again, why are peons like yourself acting as storehouse sentinels for the wealthy? They don’t need your advocacy, nor are they paying you for it. You’re not a member of their club and you’ll never be a member. They wouldn’t pour water on you if you were on fire. They don’t see you as an ally just because you’re trying to lay down your life in an effort to guard their money. They still think you’re a sucker. And they’re right about that.

It’s a classic game of class warfare. You can decry it, but the wealthy declared that war....on YOU. And they’re winning it with your help.

Old 07-31-2019, 10:03 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
You show your ignorance about taxes when you make a statement like this. The highest brackets are on the rich. Our system is progressive. The higher you go, the more you pay. If you make most of your income through salary, bonus and stock options, you pay full fare. That means as your income goes higher, you get closer and closer to paying the highest bracket rate of 37%. I GUARANTEE, you are paying nowhere near that high of a rate.
That wasn’t my point I make more I pay more. Are we supposed to feel bad by they have to pay more? Sorry not happening.

Old 07-31-2019, 12:02 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
Quote:
You were born in a country that has hospitals and libraries, instead of into a country that is mostly a subsistence farming economy, so lets start there.
I am an immigrant. Actually most people in this country are immigrants or descendants of immigrants.

Old 07-31-2019, 12:31 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
I'm always amazed when people defend the 1%'s bank accounts.

Old 07-31-2019, 01:28 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,972,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I'm always amazed when people defend the 1%'s bank accounts.
I'll defend their bank accounts all day long as long as they did it legally, same goes for someone with $1.00 in the bank. There should be no difference in the laws, rules, and expectations there, why is that so "amazing" to you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies