Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2019, 09:37 AM

1,893 posts, read 1,002,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Because they use more, and they get more benefit.

Roads
Military support
Educated Workforce
Etc.

People should pay for what they use. I don't support charging them more "just because they make more". I support them paying their fair share, and to stop subsidizing Exxon, Amazon and the like. They can pay their share and will still be crazy profitable, which I think is awesome!
Agree with what you posted.

To add, I think most wealthy folks and American corporations have ffound the tax loopholes anyway.

https://money.cnn.com/2013/03/04/new...xes/index.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2019, 11:29 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,499,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
Agree with what you posted.

To add, I think most wealthy folks and American corporations have ffound the tax loopholes anyway.

https://money.cnn.com/2013/03/04/new...xes/index.html
Please name one loophole, please.

Old 08-01-2019, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Because they use more, and they get more benefit.

Roads
Military support
Educated Workforce
Etc.

People should pay for what they use. I don't support charging them more "just because they make more". I support them paying their fair share, and to stop subsidizing Exxon, Amazon and the like. They can pay their share and will still be crazy profitable, which I think is awesome!
Name one subsidy.

I agree all people should pay for what they use such as education, child rearing, healthcare, roads and military.

Old 08-01-2019, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Please name one loophole, please.
Deferral of overseas income.
Seriously, you needed help finding tax loopholes available to multinational American Corporations?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/8-ridi...ng-the-tax-man

Old 08-01-2019, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
I don't know. Why should those of us with no kids pay more? When you give tax breaks to parents you are making those without kids pay more. Is that fair?
You work, I eat. That’s the motto of Democrats just like their slavery old days.

Old 08-01-2019, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Seriously, you needed help finding tax loopholes available to multinational American Corporations?

How is following the law a loophole?

Your freedom of speech is a loophole, don’t you know what?

Old 08-01-2019, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Deferral of overseas income.

Let’s take one of your ridiculous examples.

We all know that corporations don’t pay income taxes- the consumers do. If you don’t understand this, you aren’t qualified to have an opinion on this subject.

So why should a corporation be taxed twice? Once by the overseas country and second time by US?

Old 08-01-2019, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
You work, I eat. That’s the motto of Democrats just like their slavery old days.
B.S. idiot Ttump spending our money as quickly as anyone. Sttipping defense money for wall that he promised Mex would pay for. Debt is as high as ever. Budget deficit skyrocketing. Most arent seeing squat in that so-called tax cut. Senators aren aren't happy with cutrent bill that Ttumpy is pushing.

Old 08-01-2019, 12:30 PM

Quote:
B.S. idiot Ttump spending our money as quickly as anyone. Sttipping defense money for wall that he promised Mex would pay for. Debt is as high as ever. Budget deficit skyrocketing. Most arent seeing squat in that so-called tax cut. Senators aren aren't happy with cutrent bill that Ttumpy is pushing.
Did he raise taxes?

Old 08-01-2019, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Most Americans don’t pay income taxes. No wonder they see squat in tax cut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies