U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:06 AM

957 posts, read 209,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Baltimore isn't doing all that badly then, relatively speaking"

relatively speaking, what id that supposed to mean? Relative to what?
Relative to the cities above it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:13 AM

3,589 posts, read 978,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwduvall View Post
We all need to do what ever it takes to make America the kind of county that it used to be. Yes, I am an American because I believe in our President. It the people that don't support him that aren't Americans and need to go back where they came from. If the President isn't reelected, that is the end of American democracy. At that point, the only solution is martial law. Baltimore was occupied by federal troops during the Civil War. Maybe it is time to do it again.
If the things in your post happen, THAT is the end of American democracy. You're describing a despot or dictator, not a president. It's alarming.

Old Yesterday, 10:44 AM

37,312 posts, read 16,230,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
1) What is your source?
2) Do you understand how federal monies are spent within the states? Do you understand who has control of the purse strings when federal monies are concerned (hint: Many of those grants were given to the state, not to the city. So that responsibility is not the government of the city of Baltimore)?
3) Why should Baltimore be singled out, when every other major city and every other state in the country receive federal funds for one thing or another?
4) Do you blindly parrot everything the Trumpster tweets? You probably shouldn't do that; his head is up his behind most of the day.
" Why should Baltimore be singled out,"

Been asked multiple times and answered. Try to keep up.

" Do you blindly parrot everything the Trumpster tweets?

Do YOU blindly parrot EVERYTHING said by the likes of cummings, and the LSM, etc?

Old Yesterday, 04:32 PM
Status: "but it depends on what the definition of "is" is." (set 1 day ago)

3,476 posts, read 619,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t
I heard the other day a pundit cite a stat that Baltimore actually has a higher per-capita murder rate than Detroit. When your murder rate exceeds Detroit, you can't be doing all that great, either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
St. Louis is worse than Baltimore. What do you say about St. Louis then?
I'd say St. Louis is another good example of what happened to Baltimore and Detroit. The once great Gateway city has declined from a population of 856,000 in 1950 to 308,000 today.

These are all cities controlled by Tammany Hall-style machines. It's not even about D vs. R. For example, Seattle was Democrat and pretty well-run until about 2 or 3 decades ago. I'm afraid it's now following in the footsteps of St. Louis, albeit in slightly different West Coast style. But a similar outcome in the end.

We need to recognize the problem and do something about it in this great nation.

Old Today, 09:42 AM

957 posts, read 209,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
I'd say St. Louis is another good example of what happened to Baltimore and Detroit. The once great Gateway city has declined from a population of 856,000 in 1950 to 308,000 today.
The situation in St. Louis is different than in Baltimore. There's no one solution that will fix every city's problems.

Old Today, 09:52 AM

11,095 posts, read 6,162,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
If the things in your post happen, THAT is the end of American democracy. You're describing a despot or dictator, not a president. It's alarming.
I'm wondering if the OP is punking us. His total devotion to Trump's every thought and utterance is extreme even for a cultist.

Old Today, 11:15 AM

9,942 posts, read 6,661,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I'm wondering if the OP is punking us. His total devotion to Trump's every thought and utterance is extreme even for a cultist.
Maybe he's getting paid for posts. In China, there are folks called the 50 Cent-ers or 50 Cent party, because they get paid 50 cents per post to flood the internet with propaganda pieces.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or