U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2019, 04:44 PM

10,524 posts, read 10,429,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
"Democrats have flame throwers but no one has access to the media like a President has so differing opinions on both the Right and Left get drowned out. "

Most media is opinion, is anti-Trump, and goes to extraordinary lengths to act as an opposition political party against the WH.

Against rump is only being a Patriotic American.

Old 07-31-2019, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montydean View Post
Please name one predominately black city in the US that’s is not a crime ridden dump? Go ahead, take your time. Funny thing about US blacks is that they turn everywhere they live into Africa. You call it “racist” the people call it truth.

Have you considered the fact of only 1/3 the education dollars was/is given to Black schools, Driving while Black. etc etc etc.

Old 07-31-2019, 04:48 PM

51,018 posts, read 26,990,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpshooterTom View Post
We need to remember Reagan was born in 1911, and thus was already alive when the Titanic sank and before the outbreak of WWI.

I'm not in the slightest excusing any of this repulsive language, but we need to understand that growing up in the 1910s and 1920s unfortunately these terms were extremely common during his childhood.

Reagan to his credit didn't overtly govern as a racist president, in the same way as Woodrow Wilson did introducing resegregation into the workplace or Trump looking to ban all muslims coming into America.

Reagan remember was the president who gave amnesty to illegals, something even many democrats today would balk at. So his presidency was a mixed, but he didn't govern directly as an overt racist.
Reagan tipped his hand in Philadelphia, Mississippi.

After that speech and appearance, there was no doubt that he hated blacks.

Old 07-31-2019, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Beyond it bringing more negative attention to a dead person that people already had negative views of when he was alive, why bring up something that was racist or potentially racist at the time the speech was said?

Because so many people BLACK and White WERE ALIVE THEN AND NOW. I remember

Old 07-31-2019, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Trump kills innocent minorities all the time in drone strikes. Why doesn't that get condemned by the Left? Is it because Obama did it too?

How do you know we didn't. I did.

Old 07-31-2019, 04:52 PM

9,659 posts, read 7,333,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Honest answer - zero times. In fact, I roll my eyes every time a conservative here brings up “Dixie Democrats” and how they were once pro-slavery. You can search my 11 years of posts here for proof of this fact.

I’m all for using history as a tool to help us make better decisions today. But this is nothing more than scratching the scabs of ancient wounds in order to fire up people today. Pointless endeavor.
using the search function shows 0 results (other than this post you quoted).

Old 07-31-2019, 04:54 PM

9,659 posts, read 7,333,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
If you were old enough to vote in the 72 election then you must be at least in your late 60s, maybe even older. As a seasoned citizen as Rush would say you should be fully aware of the cultural norms that existed in the pre 1990s era, you KNOW most people said things then the SJWs would cry about. Judging people of the past by today’s standards is wrong. In fact today’s standards are indeed wrong. Your right I am younger than you but I did grow up in the 70s and 80s and I remember a much less uptight world, a better world. President Reagan was part of that, he was a great American.
it's also possible to say "I was wrong 48 years ago. I never should have referred to the African delegates that way, and it was wrong. I do not feel that way anymore; thankfully I have learned a lot."

Old 07-31-2019, 04:55 PM

8,111 posts, read 4,145,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Reagan tipped his hand in Philadelphia, Mississippi.

After that speech and appearance, there was no doubt that he hated blacks.
says a guy who thinks anybody who doesn't have his leftwing views is a racist and seems to have an obsession with racism

Old 07-31-2019, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I see. It’s a shakedown. Nothing more. Just demands.

When you have Ralph Northman still in office, but progressives going emo over a 48 year-old story of two dead Republican racists, you simply can’t take these cries of racism and recompense seriously any longer. I know I don’t. Blacks need to redirect their energy to their own people now. Their cities and families are FUBAR. Fix them, and stop riding the time machine back to bogeymanland.

I am White and 67 yrs old. Do you have any redirection thoughts for me?

Old 07-31-2019, 04:59 PM

8,111 posts, read 4,145,460 times
A monkey is incapable of getting a photo ID to vote.

Democrats think a significant number of black people are incapable of getting photo ID to vote.

Aren't Democrats indirectly saying black people are no better than a monkey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or