U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2019, 05:04 PM

10,524 posts, read 10,430,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Congratulations! You've been here less than a month and have already lost all credibility.

Well done.

I have been here since 2006 and irrc you never had any.

Old 07-31-2019, 05:05 PM

9,683 posts, read 7,338,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
I don't think his comment was racist given he didn't call all black people monkeys.
his comment was racist.

If he had said "they were out there barefooted, jumping up and down like monkeys" ... would still have been pretty darn racist, but at least you could claim he wasn't referring to humans as animals.

Old 07-31-2019, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
If you think whites are racist, you've never been close enough to successful African American men to know what they think of white people - and white women in particular. Their venomous hate, fanned by misguided Liberals, makes them want to literally kill every single one of us in the most horrific way - including all the textbook white liberals, who think blacks in the past were discriminated against, and that warrants continued reverse discrimination today (against people who never had a hand in, or benefitted from, the discrimination of the past).

If Liberals could see both sides of every issue, they wouldn't be Liberals.

Now you sound like Nixon or Ronnie

EXAMPLES PLEASE: If you think whites are racist, you've never been close enough to successful African American men to know what they think of white people - and white women in particular. Their venomous hate, fanned by misguided Liberals, makes them want to literally kill every single one of us in the most horrific wa

Old 07-31-2019, 05:07 PM

8,114 posts, read 4,149,278 times
It isn't racist unless he described all black people that way. His comments were about people who had voted to recognize Communist China over Taiwan.

He was beating up on them for their ideology, not their skin color.

You want to make it racist for partisan reasons.

Leftwingers routinely described Bush as a monkey. By your own logic, that's racist.

I think it's just a generic insult.

Old 07-31-2019, 05:07 PM

6,524 posts, read 3,613,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
using the search function shows 0 results (other than this post you quoted).
Iíve never uttered that name, here or elsewhere. I have no idea why that poster even went there. lol.

Old 07-31-2019, 05:08 PM

10,074 posts, read 6,701,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by God loves republicans View Post
Reagan had Alzheimer, give him a break.
That was after he left office.

He didn't when he was watering down civil rights enforcement at the DOJ.

Old 07-31-2019, 05:10 PM

27,034 posts, read 11,352,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I have been here since 2006 and irrc you never had any.
At least you're the same person. You had none coming in and still don't.

btw You picked the wrong person to criticize when it comes to credibility.

Old 07-31-2019, 05:11 PM

8,114 posts, read 4,149,278 times
When liberals self describe as progressive, they are implying non-liberals are not progressive, primitive, cavemen.

It is no different than calling somebody a monkey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I'm predictable!

I'm a boomer. Posters here love to state how racism is going to disappear once we boomers are gone. Guess what? The boomers grew up during a time when it all changed. We saw on our televisions how disgusting it was when cops would sic dogs on black people or they were beaten bloody. We learned what language we should and shouldn't use, and how we shouldn't judge and that people are people regardless of color. I haven't personally heard a white person use the N word or any other disparaging name about black people since the 1960's. That's not a matter of being PC to us - it's just what we learned was right. And despite what some posters think - when we die you lose the generation that saw how bad it was for black folks. We didn't live it - but it was right there on our tv's because back then the news didn't filter anything. We ate dinner right after watching young men with their bodies half blown off being carted off the fields of Viet Nam and right after the cops beat black people just for sitting in at a protest. These visuals often led to dinner conversations about morality that I doubt are taking place today.

It's not a matter of being PC - it's what we learned was right.

The PC nonsense we disavow has to do with b.s. concepts like 'cisgender', 'white privilege', 'mansplaining', 'manspreading', 'verbal violence' 'microaggressions', etc. These are made up words to try and control - and thinking people who aren't on the fringe aren't buying it.

For the above reasons, I AM disappointed Reagan made that comment, even though I think most politicians are scum. I thought better of him, even though he didn't get my vote.

Twas White boomers that teach racism to their kids and grandkids.

Come to Mo ,Ks, Ar and YOU WILL HEAR IT PLENTY.

10,925 posts, read 11,994,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post

When the Republican party publicly disavows Reagan and Nixon and their sincere racism it will all be behind us.

The ignorance on display these days is astounding. This post here pretty much sums it up.

1-9-7-1! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or