Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2019, 04:04 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,208,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by montydean View Post
By 1600 Europe had telescope, printing press, circumnavigated the globe, gunpowder, compass, sewer systems, and even a working submarine.

By 1600 Africans had.... Spears.

So, tell me again how his comment is wrong?

Agreed. Except you left out how many African Slaves were alive and owned by white men.
Colonists offered no education to Africans etc. Just rape, beatings and starvation and torture.

Doesn't matter who was Educated 1st and their accomplishments.

Old 07-31-2019, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Who is Regan ?

What politician has had the name Regan ?

The thread is accurate and valid other than some misspelling. You as e a Republican have no valid reply except to try and destroy the character of the OP.

You fail.

Old 07-31-2019, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
Did Nixon have any phone calls not recorded. Lol

I would love to listen to private calls by white democrats.
They never are recorded.

Seems like white democrats who think black people incapable of getting photo ID to vote have low opinion of black people
I accidentally gave you a rep point.

You guys own it and cannot deflect and deny it. MOST Republicans are very RACIST.

Old 07-31-2019, 04:10 PM

46,224 posts, read 27,002,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
Guess it shouldn't be surprising, but I didn't expect it from him.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...-nixon/595102/

I see dead people....or hear them anyway.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSNyiSetZ8Y

So, this is a new low for lefties.....we are going to go back to people who are now dead, and cite them as being current. You cannot put enough in any post to show how this is not right.....

Anyway, continue lefties......you'll surely paving the way to a win in 2020....

Old 07-31-2019, 04:12 PM

46,224 posts, read 27,002,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Raging racist? Really now?

Support Al Sharpton? I never said that I supported him. Never said that i don’t support him either. That’s between Al and I.

You support BLM, you are hand and hand....

BTW, I'll be in Phoenix the last 2 weeks of August.....my offer still stands....

Old 07-31-2019, 04:13 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,361,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpshooterTom View Post
Reagan to his credit didn't overtly govern as a racist president, in the same way as Woodrow Wilson did introducing resegregation into the workplace or Trump looking to ban all muslims coming into America.

Reagan remember was the president who gave amnesty to illegals, something even many democrats today would balk at. So his presidency was a mixed, but he didn't govern directly as an overt racist.
I don't think 'many' democrats oppose amnesty. I think most Democrats claim it is bigotry to oppose amnesty.

Trump has never banned all Muslims from entering the country. He wants to band immigration from countries with an Islamic terrorism problem. His issue is with terrorism, not peaceful religious people.

Old 07-31-2019, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
.MOST Republicans are very RACIST.
That's an assertion you could not prove in court which means it is slander.

If we are racist, why doesn't segregation still exist and lynchings, etc. Why do some minorities vote for Republicans.

Ben Carson is a world renowned brain surgeon. He isn't bright enough to see Republicans are racist, we need to defer to Al Sharpton? I don't think so.

Your party was the one in power during the slavery, segregation and slavery eras and it still uses the same name.

I don't think comparing somebody to an animal is racist. It is an insult. That is an inference that you are making.

Liberals call Republicans stupid and cavemen every day....it is the same exact sentiment as calling somebody a monkey.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 07-31-2019 at 04:25 PM..

Old 07-31-2019, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPickel View Post
Handwriting was on the wall:

Reagan opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1964, opposed the Voting Rights Act of 1965 (calling it "humiliating to the South"), and ran for governor of California in 1966 promising to wipe the Fair Housing Act off the books. "If an individual wants to discriminate against Negroes or others in selling or renting his house," he said, "he has a right to do so." After the Republican convention in 1980, Reagan travelled to the county fair in Neshoba, Mississippi, where, in 1964, three Freedom Riders had been slain by the Ku Klux Klan. Before an all-white crowd of tens of thousands, Reagan declared: "I believe in states' rights".

As president, Reagan aligned his justice department on the side of segregation, supporting the fundamentalist Bob Jones University in its case seeking federal funds for institutions that discriminate on the basis of race. In 1983, when the supreme court decided against Bob Jones, Reagan, under fire from his right in the aftermath, gutted the Civil Rights Commission.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-record/46875/

GREAT POST!!! WE were in that town on vacation. Everything was shuttered and hardly anyone on there street's. My mom said GET US OUT OF HERE!

Later that day or week we saw a chain gang and a white guy on a horse with a shotgun and we for the 1st time saw White campground and Black Campgrounds.

Old 07-31-2019, 04:19 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,538,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPickel View Post
Handwriting was on the wall:

Reagan opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1964, opposed the Voting Rights Act of 1965 (calling it "humiliating to the South"), and ran for governor of California in 1966 promising to wipe the Fair Housing Act off the books. "If an individual wants to discriminate against Negroes or others in selling or renting his house," he said, "he has a right to do so." After the Republican convention in 1980, Reagan travelled to the county fair in Neshoba, Mississippi, where, in 1964, three Freedom Riders had been slain by the Ku Klux Klan. Before an all-white crowd of tens of thousands, Reagan declared: "I believe in states' rights".

As president, Reagan aligned his justice department on the side of segregation, supporting the fundamentalist Bob Jones University in its case seeking federal funds for institutions that discriminate on the basis of race. In 1983, when the supreme court decided against Bob Jones, Reagan, under fire from his right in the aftermath, gutted the Civil Rights Commission.
So did Joe Biden. He was right there with them.

Why aren't you condemning him. He's running for office unlike those dead men.

Yeah, he's that old.

Old 07-31-2019, 04:20 PM

The Bob Jones case was complicated in that Bob Jones was accepting minority students at the time who knew the university opposed interracial marriages yet still enrolled at the college. There wasn't discrimination against the students in admissions.

I think a private college has the right to have an opinion on interracial marriage if this is a free country.

There is typically a lot of nuance in legal cases that liberals don't see or don't want to see because they are so eager to cry racism.

Nixon enforced school integration but liberals are on here calling him a racist, but they don't call LBJ a racist for racist comments that he made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.