U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 12:58 PM

25,211 posts, read 9,830,063 times

Advertisements

Team Red continues to complain about the MSM's agenda.

Well, since the State is the sole reason for the MSM's existence wouldn't the reasonable thing to do is call for an end to the State?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2019, 01:00 PM

5,052 posts, read 993,946 times
Article said "Allen wound up turning himself in to police Monday night. He allegedly confessed to shooting at the victims, but claimed they were armed and had fired at him first." Even if the victims were armed and shot first, going postal like that isn't justified!

Old 07-31-2019, 01:25 PM

52,337 posts, read 42,100,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tewest86 View Post
But blacks can't be racist. We don't think of you as being a lower race as you guys do us. Heck, it was even a law not long ago. However, we can be prejudice.
Just for the irony, I need to note this to you...

Tell us more about how the black brain is superior such that it is immune to racism.

Old 07-31-2019, 01:55 PM

723 posts, read 197,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Just for the irony, I need to note this to you...

Tell us more about how the black brain is superior such that it is immune to racism.
Is it too cynical of me to say that I think every person has some tiny bit of prejudice in them? May not be racially motivated, but maybe against poor or rich? Against fat or fit? Against intellectual or ignorant? Gay or straight?

I think everyone has *something* that- even if they try real real hard not to- throws up a little red flag, a little cringe, for them.

I admit that I do, and I have thus been put in a position to be forced to deal with a couple of them. It's my chance to learn and recoup some of my karma.

Old 07-31-2019, 02:10 PM

9,543 posts, read 10,265,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
No one would question a white person for standing his or her ground? Let's see:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...d-your-n948296
We'll have to see what a jury of his peers thinks

Old 07-31-2019, 02:29 PM

2,920 posts, read 947,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
We'll have to see what a jury of his peers thinks
I'd put my money on a guilty verdict. But then again, I've seen very limited evidence in regards to what happened. All I know is two guys get in a physical altercation over a handicapped parking spot. The guy parking in the spot wasn't handicapped nor was the shooter. The shooter was knocked to the ground, pulled out his gun, and shot the guy as he turned his back on the shooter. The guy shot had his girlfriend or wife in the car at the time.

I think that's all in a nutshell, that I know about it. With that, I'd say he's guilty. The jury will obviously know more due to evidence presented at the trial.

Old 07-31-2019, 02:54 PM

10,935 posts, read 10,634,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Blacks who I know personally, have and continue to suffer from white racism. Do you deny this?
Yes, I certainly do deny it. Blacks are given preferential treatment in many cases. Yet, of course, nobody seems to see or acknowledge this. It's still, and always will be, a caterwaul about how horrible "whitey" is. But, yeah, all other things equal, who do you think will get admitted to college first, the black or the white? All other things equal, who do you think gets that job first? In fact, this also applies if other factors are NOT equal. I do not buy this racism bullcrap at all. I've worked around plenty of black people all my life. They were treated no differently than anyone else. They did the same work as everyone else. They got the same wages for that work as everyone else. Each individual had his/her good points and bad points just like everyone else. They were not sent in chains to the "boiler room" and mistreated. In fact, they were sometimes even handled with kid gloves.

Although racism certainly exists in all colors and creeds, you liberal folks overblow the hell out of it. In fact you've overblown it so badly that it means nothing anymore. It's a joke, sadly, because there are legitimate cases of racism out there. But the little boy cried wolf about 1,234,687,890 too many times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
All racists, black white yellow or red are bad. Period.
We can agree there.

But, unfortunately the way liberals have been handling "racism" lately, real racism gets thrown out with the bathwater by a population that is sick to death of hearing that word incessantly and being called a racist every time they so much as let a fart (or posit a different opinion from the liberal talking points).

Old 07-31-2019, 03:04 PM

8,216 posts, read 5,867,722 times
Well thankful he was arrested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
CNN is all over this. Wait.....they're ignoring it
What about Faux News? Are they all over it?

Old 07-31-2019, 04:27 PM
TKO

3,202 posts, read 3,163,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Yes, I certainly do deny it. Blacks are given preferential treatment in many cases. Yet, of course, nobody seems to see or acknowledge this. It's still, and always will be, a caterwaul about how horrible "whitey" is. But, yeah, all other things equal, who do you think will get admitted to college first, the black or the white? All other things equal, who do you think gets that job first? In fact, this also applies if other factors are NOT equal. I do not buy this racism bullcrap at all. I've worked around plenty of black people all my life. They were treated no differently than anyone else. They did the same work as everyone else. They got the same wages for that work as everyone else. Each individual had his/her good points and bad points just like everyone else. They were not sent in chains to the "boiler room" and mistreated. In fact, they were sometimes even handled with kid gloves.

Although racism certainly exists in all colors and creeds, you liberal folks overblow the hell out of it. In fact you've overblown it so badly that it means nothing anymore. It's a joke, sadly, because there are legitimate cases of racism out there. But the little boy cried wolf about 1,234,687,890 too many times.

We can agree there.

But, unfortunately the way liberals have been handling "racism" lately, real racism gets thrown out with the bathwater by a population that is sick to death of hearing that word incessantly and being called a racist every time they so much as let a fart (or posit a different opinion from the liberal talking points).
My direct experience is with people in the financial and real estate industries. And it was never locked in a boiler room type stuff. Passed over for promotion, given lesser quality assignments and many examples of lower pay for the same work, that kind of pernicious unfair treatment. It also involved instances where I saw black clients treated differently.

To be able to discount, out of hand, the heartfelt and well articulated continual explanations of being treated poorly by MILLIONS of your fellow Americans or to fail the observe the disparity in the lives of such large populations of people, takes a level cynicism that rises to delusion. Although it's much better than our abhorrent past, that doesn't' mean it isn't real and ongoing whether you care to acknowledge it or not.

Old 07-31-2019, 04:32 PM

27,034 posts, read 11,352,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Hilarious seeing the OP and some of the comments in here from the conservative Trump supporters,....

because some of you are in the pro-Trump thread claiming that Trump and you all "love the blacks!" LOL
Hilarious seeing a comment claiming Trumps base is conservatives.

Because some of you don't care about the truth since it is a fact that your progressive big government policies are known failures so you make things up to deflect. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or