Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 08:46 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Not a bad effort at making your point.
Why do people struggle saying something is good, so they instead say something is 'not bad'?

The correct reply would have been: You've proven your point, Mathguy! Thanks!

Old 07-31-2019, 08:48 AM

25,684 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Quote:
One hateful, ignorant individual. Why would it be national news? If they started reporting every story of people being ****heads to one another the pages would be full of nothing else.

Pretty apparent the OP thinks it's important because it's a chance to talk about a less than perfect black man.
Yeah... just like all the "one hateful, ignorant individual" stories that would be flooding the news feeds had this guy been white and commenting about how he doesn't want blacks in his "hood" and shooting at them. How do you think that would have been handled in the news? Do you think it would have been pitched as white racism or one hateful, ignorant individual?

It's funny (actually not funny at all, more like blinded by ideology) the way you guys don't see whites with racist tendencies as lone-wolf individuals and you do see blacks with racist tendencies as lone-wolf individuals. Why is that? A white racist is an indicator of a larger racial issue. A black racist is just a misguided individual. And of course, you don't see the double standard there, do you?

Old 07-31-2019, 08:48 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,275,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Why do people struggle saying something is good, so they instead say something is 'not bad'?

The correct reply would have been: You've proven your point, Mathguy! Thanks!
Boy howdy, just can't win for losing around here.

Old 07-31-2019, 08:49 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times
Quote:
Boy howdy, just can't win for losing around here.
True, but I'll give you points for using the phrase, 'boy howdy' since it's one I use myself.

Old 07-31-2019, 08:50 AM

2,868 posts, read 1,148,015 times
Coverage from CNN, MSNBC, CBS, etc: crickets.
I'm shocked.

Old 07-31-2019, 08:52 AM
TKO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Yeah... just like all the "one hateful, ignorant individual" stories that would be flooding the news feeds had this guy been white and commenting about how he doesn't want blacks in his "hood" and shooting at them. How do you think that would have been handled in the news? Do you think it would have been pitched as white racism or one hateful, ignorant individual?

It's funny (actually not funny at all, more like blinded by ideology) the way you guys don't see whites with racist tendencies as lone-wolf individuals and you do see blacks with racist tendencies as lone-wolf individuals. Why is that? A white racist is an indicator of a larger racial issue. A black racist is just a misguided individual. And of course, you don't see the double standard there, do you?
I don't suffer one bit from black racism. I suppose it could happen, but the fact that it never has is indicative of something. Blacks who I know personally, have and continue to suffer from white racism. Do you deny this?

All racists, black white yellow or red are bad. Period.

Old 07-31-2019, 08:54 AM

24,456 posts, read 17,199,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Hilarious seeing the OP and some of the comments in here from the conservative Trump supporters,....

because some of you are in the pro-Trump thread claiming that Trump and you all "love the blacks!" LOL

I'm pro Trump and pro black, pro gay, pro everyone as long as they are moving forward in a positive way that benefits society and America. What I and most other sane people are not for is some thug shooting a gun at innocent people in an act that is pure racism.

Old 07-31-2019, 08:55 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times
Quote:
True, but I'll give you points for using the phrase, 'boy howdy' since it's one I use myself.
I repped TKO for at least acknowledging information that conflicted with his/her opinion. All too often around here we see people making great points in an argument only to be completely ignored. I give props to people who stay in the game and are willing to admit when new information changes their perception.

Ps: I’ve loved “boy howdy” ever since my favorite 49er Ronnie Lott used it.

Old 07-31-2019, 08:56 AM
TKO

Quote:
Cheers to a good old southern phrase! And the fact that Creem magazine used it when I was a wanna be rocker as a kid.

I suspect that outside the confines of this divisive environment we'd probably have more in common than not.

Old 07-31-2019, 09:00 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times
HA! I found the classic hilarious “commercial” of Ronnie Lott using “boy howdy”. Still hilarious.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yxWNdDLy9fE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies