U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 10:56 PM

3,995 posts, read 1,687,491 times

Advertisements

I don't understand the need for half a dozen blades on a razor anyway.

I buy 'bic metal' razors. Just a simple, single-blade disposable razor that doesn't clog up. I don't know if they even sell them in stores anymore- they're on Amazon for less than a dollar each.

But I'm a lazy slob and only shave every other day. Some people may need the Mach 20:

Old 08-01-2019, 02:45 AM

3,111 posts, read 672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Like.....one should care if a razor company doesn't do well?

I know this - I hear and see vast numbers of shaving commercials......and they are all for the competition....internet setups like Harrys, etc.

Like, who cares? I suppose you want to "claim victory" because you think some perceived slight is responsible......

In that case, it must be Trumps hating on Apple and Google and FB and Amazon that is making them do so well this quarter! You can't have one without the other........that is, we could picks thousands of companies and you could fool yourself as to the reason why they are doing well...or not.

"Cnn.com is the #1 web news outlet (after google news) and NYT and WaPo aren't far behind".....

According to your theories, this is because Trump hates them all???

Oil went WAY up today......is that because of something Trump Cultists think?

You have to stop allowing all these crazy theories room in your head. Despite all the anecdotes you see and hear here and elsewhere, there is no American let-up of purchase of Chinese goods. None. In fact, there is an increase. But if we listened to crazy theories, we'd say millions of Americans must "care enough" that they are avoiding Chinese goods because the Dear Leader doesn't like them!

Peace with North Korea in our time...because, after all, Ballistic Missile Tests don't count!

"The goods trade deficit with China, a focus of President Donald Trumpís ďAmerica FirstĒ agenda, increased 12.2% to $30.2 billion, with imports rising 12.8%"

So, carefully, explain this to us? That's a MASSIVE increase from China recently.

Incredible off topic rant. Deflection, conflation, distortion. A veritable trifecta of SJW rage!

Old 08-01-2019, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Canít believe that folks are so butthurt over a simple commercial.

Fellas...your grandfatherís America is gone. It ainít ever coming back. Trump ainít bringing it back either.

Deal with it.
Trump is your president and will be until 2025.

Deal with it.

Old 08-01-2019, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Let the folks nostalgic for the Father Knows Best era and the other myrmidons believe all they want that they pulled down Gillette. That's all they have.
We also have Trump in the White House, and the knowledge that Hillary Clinton will NEVER be president.

Old 08-01-2019, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

The overarching message of the commercial was treat women nice and don’t be a goddamn pig.

That’s it. Nothing more. Now what the hell is making you so butthurt as it appertains to that? SMH
Nothing more except the insinuation that it's customers need to be told that in a razor ad.

Marketing 101: Don't insult your customers. Even if it means sacrificing empty virtue-signaling.

Old 08-01-2019, 04:57 AM

19,586 posts, read 17,633,792 times
Gillette has definitely gotten on my boycott list. But so has Budweiser and Kellogg's. I try to avoid them but won't go out of my way to do it.

Old 08-01-2019, 05:40 AM

18,694 posts, read 9,164,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Gillette has definitely gotten on my boycott list. But so has Budweiser and Kellogg's. I try to avoid them but won't go out of my way to do it.
There are many, many companies that have jumped on the Leftist, "Woke", Virtue Signaling band wagon. It is disgusting to the point it is difficult to avoid some of them as they are so pervasive now.

It is a very disturbing trend, as more and more large corporations are now Progressive, and Democrat run. They also donate, and promote politicians. For example, Comcast's backing and financing of Obama, and now Biden.

Old 08-01-2019, 06:07 AM

1,768 posts, read 434,146 times
If Gillette still want to talk about virtue signaling, they should stop to ignore toxic femininity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKrd3qFOgpM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0eGyJEEL40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Yq69wP6lY

Old 08-01-2019, 06:15 AM

16,071 posts, read 4,242,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
It's the 2nd part of that which really matters.....I doubt you or anyone else looks at the fine print and realizes that these companies often make many other things.....

They probably serve as OEM's also to many generic brands.

Who cares? The perception that you are doing something is simply fantasy. The USA economy could care less whether Gillette or CVS brand razors are sold (or Harrys!).

Old 08-01-2019, 06:18 AM

16,071 posts, read 4,242,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
There are many, many companies that have jumped on the Leftist, "Woke", Virtue Signaling band wagon. It is disgusting to the point it is difficult to avoid some of them as they are so pervasive now.

It is a very disturbing trend, as more and more large corporations are now Progressive, and Democrat run. They also donate, and promote politicians. For example, Comcast's backing and financing of Obama, and now Biden.
Well. in another of those stunning reversals and admissions, the Right now admits that the Engine driving business and the US Economy does not contain THEM.......

My head has been spinning for years. After all, Dems don't work or own anything. They simply want more food stamps.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or