U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:16 PM

66,716 posts, read 33,976,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Not racist but really stupid. Just shows the total ignorance of the owner.
I bet he does not lose business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 02:28 PM

27,199 posts, read 19,217,533 times
in this thread, we observe and enjoy the inevitable and embarrassing results of knee-jerk claims of 'racism.'

Old Yesterday, 02:29 PM

21,124 posts, read 10,181,572 times
And still no answer as to how the billboard is racist.

Old Yesterday, 02:37 PM

3,400 posts, read 3,014,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Not racist but really stupid. Just shows the total ignorance of the owner.
Well, you are correct on one count. It was not racist. Stupid....not so much. The owner was practicing his right to free speech. And as the owner of a gun shop in North Carolina, I can assure you his sales will be going through the roof. As an NC resident, I can tell you the only place you will be finding any SJW's is in the larger cities, like Raleigh and Charlotte. The rest of us see these four representatives for the bigots and racists that they actually are, and thus won't be put off by any social media outcry against this business or the owners. Furthermore, I congratulate this man/woman for having the guts to speak out in a very public way about "the squad" and their hateful/ridiculous rhetoric. The real idiots out there are the ones who embrace these representatives and their agendas, which are the antithesis of what our great country stands for.

Old Yesterday, 02:45 PM

2,705 posts, read 964,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
There would have been no billboard without the hateful tweets of Trump. There would have been no reference to these four women had Trump not brought them up.
Still, not racist. These group of idiots just happen to be "of color". Trump criticizes people who criticize him first, he doesn't hold back on whites, why should he do the same for others?

Old Yesterday, 02:46 PM

3,726 posts, read 5,875,264 times
If you read the article, you will find that the gun shop owner is so happy with the results of the billboard, he is giving out free bumper stickers: https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...56&oe=5DA974E0

Old Yesterday, 02:57 PM

2,198 posts, read 2,117,430 times
So these Left-nuts are going to boycott a store they never shopped at anyways?

Oh boy, I hope the store owner can take the hit

Old Yesterday, 03:00 PM

21,124 posts, read 10,181,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Well, you are correct on one count. It was not racist. Stupid....not so much. The owner was practicing his right to free speech. And as the owner of a gun shop in North Carolina, I can assure you his sales will be going through the roof. As an NC resident, I can tell you the only place you will be finding any SJW's is in the larger cities, like Raleigh and Charlotte. The rest of us see these four representatives for the bigots and racists that they actually are, and thus won't be put off by any social media outcry against this business or the owners. Furthermore, I congratulate this man/woman for having the guts to speak out in a very public way about "the squad" and their hateful/ridiculous rhetoric. The real idiots out there are the ones who embrace these representatives and their agendas, which are the antithesis of what our great country stands for.
I agree. Not racist and probably a smart marketing move, assuming he knows his audience.

Old Yesterday, 03:02 PM

14,262 posts, read 6,156,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
No, it's not the truth and yes it is racist. What is wrong with people? The ignorance is stunning.
How is it racist?

Old Yesterday, 03:04 PM

9,132 posts, read 2,818,067 times
I guess racist is in the eye of the beholder. I just know that prior to Trump's rhetoric about these four women, they would not even have been on anyone's radar. I personally wish that these four women would never have given Trump the time of day. I hope that the Dems start ignoring him and his ignorance so that real issues can be addressed.

And yes, the owner is entitled to his free speech, I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or