U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:02 PM

11,369 posts, read 2,823,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I would here nothing about them except for all the posts from the conservatives on this board.
Is that because Demwits find them so embarrassing and wish they'd go away?

Easy fix. Donate to whoever is running against them in 2020
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 01:04 PM

19,470 posts, read 12,330,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
What is fascinating is that Trumpees are hanging on every word these 4 say. I bet if the 4 of them came up with a cure for cancer, yall would denounce them for putting doctor's out of business.

This would be like ignoring a three headed goat quoting Shakespeare.

People would ignore AOC if she stopped being such a lunatic. However, it is really hard to ignore the things she says, as they are so damn crazy. We are not used to anyone being so entertaining since Hank Johnson and Sheila Jackson Lee took office.

It is like Curly Howard from the Three Stooges being resurrected- a second coming, if you will, of lunacy.

Old Yesterday, 01:05 PM

1,080 posts, read 187,852 times
I get what the article's author is saying, but I do have to ask. If they were voted in by their constituents in their district does it matter? And if they were voted in in the Mid West, does that mean the voters in the MIDWEST are changing?

Here is the biggest gripe I have with people upset at the 4. I don't like Devan Nunez, he is a butt kissing rat to me, but he won the election fair and square. The people in his district voted for who they wanted, and they will vote again in the near future.

If you don't like them then run against them and win, otherwise your wasting your breath hollering about these congressmen.

Old Yesterday, 01:12 PM

33,996 posts, read 42,326,754 times
Quote:
I would here nothing about them except for all the posts from the conservatives on this board.
If they kept themselves out of the news no one would talk about them. That kind of is a B follows A type of thing. Same way with Hillary Clinton. No one says anything about her but she just can't help giving an interview and that allows you, and others, to complain when somebody mentions it.

I will also ask, what other losing Presidential candidate kept reviewing the election and criticizing the winner? I'll wait while you Google. You won't find any names with Romney , McCain or even Bush. You will however find Clinton, Kerry and Gore. The same way about how former Presidents didn't criticize their successor. Again, unless their names were Carter, Clinton or Obama.

Old Yesterday, 01:20 PM

52,169 posts, read 41,971,337 times
Quote:
Really? You don't have a television or pay attention to magazines, the news etc?

I mean I can understand that about some of them but AOC is pretty much plastered all over media outlets and talk shows.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexan...Media_coverage

You super sure you're not just using a little hyperbole there?

https://time.com/collection/100-most...-ocasio-cortez

The only other 2 US politicians under the "leaders section" were Trump and Pelosi, but you would never hear about her other than from conservative posters here? Yeah, you're definitely using hyperbole, costco sized hyperbole.

Old Yesterday, 02:41 PM

45,848 posts, read 18,157,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Really? You don't have a television or pay attention to magazines, the news etc?
I mean I can understand that about some of them but AOC is pretty much plastered all over media outlets and talk shows.

You super sure you're not just using a little hyperbole there?

The only other 2 US politicians under the "leaders section" were Trump and Pelosi, but you would never hear about her other than from conservative posters here? Yeah, you're definitely using hyperbole, costco sized hyperbole.
Bingo..
  • The last thing they want to talk about are the loons who have taken over the Democrat party.

So
  • The make it about those who ARE amused by the lunacy. This while they make post after post about Trump. Look at how many times they have used the word, even in this topic.
Lunacy. It's a terrible thing.

That girly man at the NYT, who pulled that post, is also prime example of what's wrong with that rag these days.

Old Yesterday, 03:01 PM

9,455 posts, read 9,301,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
And the NYT, the rag of no scruples, deleted what they said when the Squad got mad.
It's fascinating at how this woman and her posse have completely stolen the Democrat platform.
Funny, the headline says "testy" but you escalate it to "fury." A little over-dramatic of you, isn't it?

Old Yesterday, 03:54 PM

45,848 posts, read 18,157,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Funny, the headline says "testy" but you escalate it to "fury." A little over-dramatic of you, isn't it?

She looked furious in the photo. Didn't you think so?

Old Yesterday, 03:57 PM

18,372 posts, read 9,045,383 times
I think the four Jihad Squad members would make a good girl group, like the Spice Girls. Hmmm, that's already taken. LICE GIRLS?

Old Yesterday, 07:57 PM

31,968 posts, read 20,147,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Is that because Demwits find them so embarrassing and wish they'd go away?

Easy fix. Donate to whoever is running against them in 2020
No. Because you guys seem much more obsessed with them than the Dems.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies