U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2019, 07:52 PM

5,537 posts, read 3,353,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
So the whole premise of Trickle Down Economics, and the current Trump Tax increase on the middle class so he can give cuts to the ultra-rich is that if you make the rich, richer, they will create jobs and it will benefit the middle and lower class. Is that right?

So tell me this: If that's what they were going to do with the tax cuts (spoiler: They didn't, they pocketed it and bought back their own stocks)
Uh, Trump's tax cuts created jobs and increased GDP growth.

Trump's Tax Cut 'Scam' Created 1.3 Million New Jobs, New CBO Data Show
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:07 PM

3,167 posts, read 982,323 times
Quote:
Why should I be taxed at a higher rate than Amazon to provide the infrastructure they need to deliver their packages? Why should I be taxed at a higher rate than Exxon in order to provide them the military support, infrastructure and subsidized gas prices they have to succeed.
This is a logical fallacy.

Quote:
Like you said, the money I make is mine. I'll pay my fair share to get the services and infrastructure needed to make it. Everyone else should do the same. The rich should not be exempt. (and yes, they make more, because they use more, so they should pay more.)
And another one.

Old Yesterday, 10:39 PM

36,239 posts, read 10,766,263 times
Liberals, keep your hands out of our pockets.

Old Yesterday, 11:15 PM

1,400 posts, read 634,638 times
How to stump a liberal regarding taxes:

Ask liberal:

"When you get your check, do you say to yourself, 'Gee, I wish the Government took more--they didn't deduct enough'",

and/or

"How much extra do you pay the IRS each year?"

I'm 37 and I've never heard any response other than crickets.

Classic bs liberalism-- the "need" to spend other peoples' money, just not theirs.

Old Yesterday, 11:19 PM

3,167 posts, read 982,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
How to stump a liberal regarding taxes:

Ask liberal:

"When you get your check, do you say to yourself, 'Gee, I wish the Government took more--they didn't deduct enough'",

and/or

"How much extra do you pay the IRS each year?"

I'm 37 and I've never heard any response other than crickets.

Classic bs liberalism-- the "need" to spend other peoples' money, just not theirs.
Spot on.

Old Yesterday, 11:35 PM

550 posts, read 104,444 times
I will say this, the government did an astoundingly **** poor job of making Joe Q. Idiot understand how the tax cuts directly benefited his bottom line.

As evidenced by this thread and many others, so many people are so incredibly ignorant and don’t have any earthly idea how much they benefited. They just heard the “BIG EVIL ORANGE MAN TAX CUTS WERE ONLY FOR BILLIONAIRES” on CNN and were so relieved that it was just another bad thing created by the vile orange man. As usual, these morons took it as gospel, desperately hoping that everything orange man does is bad even though MATH IS NOT A MATTER OF OPINION.

Every single household should have received a one page letter explaining the amount they would have paid in 2018 taxes had the Trump tax cuts not been implemented. That would shut up a huge percentage of the morons who just don’t get it.

Old Yesterday, 11:36 PM

3,195 posts, read 966,111 times
Quote:
So the whole premise of Trickle Down Economics, and the current Trump Tax increase on the middle class so he can give cuts to the ultra-rich is that if you make the rich, richer, they will create jobs and it will benefit the middle and lower class. Is that right?

So tell me this: If that's what they were going to do with the tax cuts (spoiler: They didn't, they pocketed it and bought back their own stocks), then why would you advocate for the government to forcefully take the money from the middle class, give it to the rich, so they can just give it back to the working class?

Be honest here. If a liberal politician had come up with this plan, to take money from people, give it to other people, and trust them to give it back to the people you forcefully took it from, would you support it? Or do you only support it because it's a Republican plan?

I'm sure many will be tempted to deflect by telling me what the Liberals and Dems would (or do) do, but the question is not about that. Tell me, without deflecting, why it's a good idea to forcefully take money from the working class, give it to the rich, and expect them to give it back to the working class. If you can explain that, then explain to me why they would give it back, and when we might expect that to start. If you can't answer those two questions, then maybe you can tell us why you still think it's a good idea, or alternately, if you've changed your mind about that, tell us why.
The G.O.P. loves Corporate Welfare and stealing from the middle class and working class. They always have loved it. They would still have outright slavery if no one fought it off! It's a sickness in the soul.

Old Yesterday, 11:38 PM

3,195 posts, read 966,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
I will say this, the government did an astoundingly **** poor job of making Joe Q. Idiot understand how the tax cuts directly benefited his bottom line.

As evidenced by this thread and many others, so many people are so incredibly ignorant and don’t have any earthly idea how much they benefited. They just heard the “BIG EVIL ORANGE MAN TAX CUTS WERE ONLY FOR BILLIONAIRES” on CNN and were so relieved that it was just another bad thing created by the vile orange man.

Every single household should have received a one page letter explaining the amount they would have paid in 2018 taxes had the Trump tax cuts not been implemented. That would shut up a huge percentage of the morons who just don’t get it.
Your post is nothing but more non-sense. People are not buying the lie anymore. The cat is out of the bag, or did you not realize it? Everyone knows who the thieves are. Stick your head back in the sand.

Old Yesterday, 11:52 PM

8,108 posts, read 4,253,088 times
Quote:

So tell me this: If that's what they were going to do with the tax cuts (spoiler: They didn't, they pocketed it and bought back their own stocks), then why would you advocate for the government to forcefully take the money from the middle class, give it to the rich, so they can just give it back to the working class?

Be honest here. If a liberal politician had come up with this plan, to take money from people, give it to other people, and trust them to give it back to the people you forcefully took it from, would you support it? Or do you only support it because it's a Republican plan?

I'm sure many will be tempted to deflect by telling me what the Liberals and Dems would (or do) do, but the question is not about that. Tell me, without deflecting, why it's a good idea to forcefully take money from the working class, give it to the rich, and expect them to give it back to the working class. If you can explain that, then explain to me why they would give it back, and when we might expect that to start. If you can't answer those two questions, then maybe you can tell us why you still think it's a good idea, or alternately, if you've changed your mind about that, tell us why.
Your entire premise is nonsense because it's based on the assumption that we the people need the government hold a gun to our heads and take our money from us. Rather than asking, "Why??? 10% of $50 million > 10% of $50 thousand!! Math is EVILLLL!!! It favors big numbers!! What about those poor picked on small numbers?? Oh the humanity!! Somebody stop math!!"

Back up a second. Why does the government have any right to anyone's money. Sure for such trivial things as roads and police and such a little money will need to be collected. But that's only the tiniest fraction of what tax revenues are spent on. No, most of it gets spent on disgustingly inefficient social programs and unending global military conflict wherever those idiots can stir it up.

When governments become as corrupt and wasteful as ours has, why on earth do they deserve anybody's money?? I think we should figure out how much government we can get for zero income tax and keep it that size, barring some kind of emergency.

Old Today, 12:10 AM

15,462 posts, read 13,499,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

So it is an issue of personal liberty vs a government safety net. We all know that eventually a republic will be destroyed when the dependents of the federal government gain control and simply reward themselves with more and more benefits, to the detriment of the nation.

The above is why the US should have a "House of Lords", as well as a "House of Commons". Since all we have is a "House of Commons", the dependents will eventually gain the upper hand and destroy the republic. One cannot have a government that is designed to give out treats and freebies for votes; a government is supposed to create an environment to prosper, not be the daycare center of the nation.
I don't see dependents ever gaining an upper hand. They don't have the money to launch serious political campaigns. Also the people are quite deeply addicted to voting only for incumbents, if they do bother voting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or