U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2019, 06:31 AM

6,372 posts, read 5,651,610 times

Advertisements

Anyone who has ever known a 3 year old knows that they don't even understand the concept yet, they believe things like putting on a dress makes you a girl. So no, they cannot determine their sex (which is unchangeable anyway).

Let children dress how they like, play with what toys they like, explain to them that there is no such thing as boy toys or girl toys or boy clothes and girl clothes but never tell them that their body is wrong, that they aren't who they are (their sex) just because their personality doesn't match society's gender roles and norms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2019, 06:56 AM

9,224 posts, read 8,079,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
It’s not a conservative stance.

Yes, by and large, it is.

Save all your anecdotal evidence about your good buddy who's a liberal and agrees with Mario. I'm not interested.

Old 08-06-2019, 10:20 AM

5,634 posts, read 3,997,879 times
This story is it in a nutshell. It shows how far the crazies have gone in successfully taking over America.
The inmates truly are running the asylum.
The world's been turned upside down.
Etc. etc. etc.

"Mr. Dilbert, I'd like you to meet Mr. Kafka...."

Old 08-06-2019, 10:27 AM

11,221 posts, read 4,961,680 times
I agree.

My husband and I agree that if we have a small child who identifies with the opposite gender, we will humour the kid and treat him as a girl (or vice versa) in every way -- except when it comes to any kind of medical intervention.

For that, they'll have to wait until they spend their own money, because I don't want to be responsible for potential regrets later on.

Other than that though, I'll accommodate them all the way. They can dress as they please, play with what they please (those things shouldn't even be gender divided in the first place), instruct teachers to use the right pronouns, I'll even legally change their name if they want.

Old 08-06-2019, 10:37 AM

20,085 posts, read 14,890,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
It looks like the brass still want to boot him from the Access Hollywood gig.

NBC honchos held an "emergency meeting," and word is, they don't see how they can "let this fly" because the network is all about "inclusion" [except for opposing views], and ML's apology only served to confirm that he "acknowledges his transphobia."

Mario Lopez has always been extremely popular, and never should have apologized.
This, from an Industry that covered for Roman the child Rapist Polanski, Woody Allen, and Harvey the Rapist Weinstein, for 45 years. What ever Holly Wood says means "Less than Nothing".

Old 08-06-2019, 11:16 AM

5,634 posts, read 3,997,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I agree.

My husband and I agree that if we have a small child who identifies with the opposite gender, we will humour the kid and treat him as a girl (or vice versa) in every way -- except when it comes to any kind of medical intervention.

For that, they'll have to wait until they spend their own money, because I don't want to be responsible for potential regrets later on.

Other than that though, I'll accommodate them all the way. They can dress as they please, play with what they please (those things shouldn't even be gender divided in the first place), instruct teachers to use the right pronouns, I'll even legally change their name if they want.
So you'll teach your child that solipsism is the key to a successful life??
Huh.

Old 08-06-2019, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
So you'll teach your child that solipsism is the key to a successful life??
Huh.
Need any Tiger Balm after that strenuous reach?

I'm not going to force my hypothetical 4yo kid to call him/herself a girl/boy and force themselves into society's mould of what a girl/boy should act like.

I'll be honest with them about the reality that not everyone will accept their gender identity, but what's the harm in letting a kid express him/herself in general?

Shouldn't we be teaching kids to not let their lives be ruled by the opinions of others?

Old 08-06-2019, 11:28 AM

6,372 posts, read 5,651,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I agree.

That's not a wise idea,social transition makes it harder for them to desist - the vast majority of children with gender identity issues will desist, and mostly turn out to be healthy gays/lesbians, with watchful waiting and therapy and other necessary treatment for any co-morbid issues (most will have other issues going on as well which can exacerbate dysphoria). Absolutely let them dress and play as they please but reinforce the knowledge that personality is separate from sex - the only thing that defines their sex is their biology, not their feelings.

Old 08-06-2019, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
That's not a wise idea,social transition makes it harder for them to desist - the vast majority of children with gender identity issues will desist, and mostly turn out to be healthy gays/lesbians, with watchful waiting and therapy and other necessary treatment for any co-morbid issues (most will have other issues going on as well which can exacerbate dysphoria). Absolutely let them dress and play as they please but reinforce the knowledge that personality is separate from sex - the only thing that defines their sex is their biology, not their feelings.
I don't necessarily disagree with most of that, but I'm not sending my kid to some abusive conversion camp nor do I want to drug them into compliance (I have several trans friends, and they told me this was pretty much the treatment offered for gender dysphoria).

Sex is indeed defined by biology, but gender identity isn't. Not necessarily, anyway.

Old 08-06-2019, 12:43 PM

5,383 posts, read 2,034,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
Anyone who has ever known a 3 year old knows that they don't even understand the concept yet, they believe things like putting on a dress makes you a girl. So no, they cannot determine their sex (which is unchangeable anyway).

Let children dress how they like, play with what toys they like, explain to them that there is no such thing as boy toys or girl toys or boy clothes and girl clothes but never tell them that their body is wrong, that they aren't who they are (their sex) just because their personality doesn't match society's gender roles and norms.
I can't wait until you wholly evil, insane, child targeting people are all rotting in prison. Its fully inevitable. Prepare for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies