U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2019, 12:55 PM

6,345 posts, read 5,627,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I don't necessarily disagree with most of that, but I'm not sending my kid to some abusive conversion camp nor do I want to drug them into compliance (I have several trans friends, and they told me this was pretty much the treatment offered for gender dysphoria).

Sex is indeed defined by biology, but gender identity isn't. Not necessarily, anyway.
Just normal therapy, not any conversion camp crap, just not affirmative therapy as that locks kids into a path to medical transition.

Gender identity is mostly people confusing their personality with being something special that changes who they are. Actual gender dysphoria is very rare, a form of dysmorphia (feeling that your body is wrong) and is a medical condition that may or may not require medical transition (but not until adulthood, when the brain has matured which requires puberty to do so so no puberty blockers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
I can't wait until you wholly evil, insane, child targeting people are all rotting in prison. Its fully inevitable. Prepare for it.

U wot m8?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2019, 03:36 PM

33,453 posts, read 20,268,378 times
I am not a fan, but I do agree with him.

Plus, what is wrong with him expressing his opinion?

Old 08-06-2019, 04:08 PM

8,210 posts, read 5,373,879 times
Cuz, yeah a 3 to 9 year old is going to be 100% on the know about sex, sexuality, gender, etc.

Old 08-06-2019, 04:53 PM

21,116 posts, read 13,990,043 times
D.L Hugehly among others in entertainment industry has Mario Lopez's back:

"Comedian D.L. Hughley said he felt Lopez was right in what he said at first.

"I'm w/ @MarioLopezExtra if you're 3-yrs-old your ass ain't making the rules in my house," Hughley wrote on Twitter. "Until your ass is responsible 4 yourself, paying bills, you can't even sign a permission slip for a field trip, then my rules. U don't get to choose UR gender at 3."

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2019/0...e-rage-mob/amp

Old 08-07-2019, 01:07 PM

Everybody knows why Mario Lopez is attacked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5ncTY9f3OQ

Old 08-07-2019, 01:10 PM

9,055 posts, read 8,033,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
D.L Hugehly among others in entertainment industry has Mario Lopez's back:

"Comedian D.L. Hughley said he felt Lopez was right in what he said at first.

"I'm w/ @MarioLopezExtra if you're 3-yrs-old your ass ain't making the rules in my house," Hughley wrote on Twitter. "Until your ass is responsible 4 yourself, paying bills, you can't even sign a permission slip for a field trip, then my rules. U don't get to choose UR gender at 3."

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2019/0...e-rage-mob/amp

Ah, yes, the noted child psychologist D.L. Hughley. Case closed, then.

Old 08-07-2019, 01:13 PM

There is NOTHING abnormal or offensive about Mario Lopez's OPINION. Period.

"They" just don't want him to talk because he dared to open his mouth and said something "they" don't like.

How sad! This country is more and more like China during cultural revolution. The sad truth is that China got over it, and we are in this mess. God helps us all.

Old 08-07-2019, 02:59 PM

21,116 posts, read 13,990,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
He's a parent who gave some very common sense advice, that besides backing up Mario Lopez.

These so called parents today are *SOFT*. Letting some child run their lives, telling them what is what and all. It is the next step up from all the "gold stars for everyone" nonsense that spread across the country.

No parent in their right mind is going to let a three, four or whatever year old *CHILD* make a decision that is going to affect their entire lives (and health). But that was back in the day when parents actually did the job. Now you've got a bunch of older stressed out adults who want to be *friends* with their kids .

Old Yesterday, 12:12 PM

5,650 posts, read 3,971,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I'm a parent like him, but I'm also a licensed clinical social worker who has worked closely with many children/teens/parents who are involved in these issues.
YOUR expertise is??.............

Old Today, 11:46 AM

35,991 posts, read 10,687,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
He's a parent who gave some very common sense advice, that besides backing up Mario Lopez.

These so called parents today are *SOFT*. Letting some child run their lives, telling them what is what and all. It is the next step up from all the "gold stars for everyone" nonsense that spread across the country.

No parent in their right mind is going to let a three, four or whatever year old *CHILD* make a decision that is going to affect their entire lives (and health). But that was back in the day when parents actually did the job. Now you've got a bunch of older stressed out adults who want to be *friends* with their kids .

I'd confidently wager wager that the overwhelming majority of parents subscribe to that common sense opinion, regardless of the Woke Mob's reaction.

And that applies to Mario Lopez's opinion, which I'm also confidently wagering has not changed, despite what he's sadly feels he's required to say, publicly.

Let's be real, folks. Mario Lopez was lobotomized in, what lol--12 hours? That's fast, even in tyrranical Hollyweird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies