U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 05:33 PM

26,889 posts, read 11,286,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
That's how he rolls, lol. Causes all hell to break loose then backs off and says, look what a great job I did? Yet they will continue to adore him, lies, chaos and all.
Reminds me of the last President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 05:36 PM

22,476 posts, read 9,556,517 times
Yup, but Mr. Glass Half Empty Trump claimed Powell let us down.

Lol--sure let Trump down--all those loans that bully-boy owes!

Old Today, 05:41 PM

12,315 posts, read 8,132,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow
Bought my house in 1997 for $61,000 cash and it needed a little here and there. Today, I could sell this house in the city for 10x's what I paid 22 years ago.

In 1981 I paid $750 an acre with mineral rights, for may cow pasture on top of the Eagle-Ford Shale
In 1991 I paid $1200 for additional acreage down the road. Today, I could sell that land for $3800 an acre and I get to keep the mineral rights.
What depressed Democrat hell hole do you live in, that has cost the people their investment in property. They don't make land anymore.
Cool story bro. First time I have ever used that for one of your posts. I doubt your property is worth over $600K now, that is if you even own property outside of Russia. Texas will be a blue state within 10 years. Maybe you can sell your "land" for a new subdivision development.

Oh yeah, good luck with that gold thing.

Old Today, 06:23 PM

66,694 posts, read 33,961,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
Of course I'm aware of the selfish Americans who couldn't care about the environment or safety of our population while trusting corporations to do what's best.

Google search Union Carbide disaster why don't you? When corporations are allowed to run amuck you have these and other disasters. And it's not just environmental. Chech out the banking/mortgage crisis. Fix required regulations, not deregulation.

Hope you or your family members aren't on the next Boeing airliner that goes down because the airline industry was deregulated and inspectors were reduced by deregulation.
Only you know what is best for you.
The problem comes when you think you know what is best for everyone.

Old Today, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waycist88 View Post
Just FYI, gold shares fell as well.
The jump as expected. up $140 an ounce.

https://www.nasdaq.com/markets/gold.aspx

Old Today, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Cool story bro. First time I have ever used that for one of your posts. I doubt your property is worth over $600K now, that is if you even own property outside of Russia. Texas will be a blue state within 10 years. Maybe you can sell your "land" for a new subdivision development.

The 78704 has been the hottest zipcode for real estate in the nation. The property not the structures, is where the investment is.

634 acres x's $3800.

Old Today, 06:51 PM

11,397 posts, read 7,378,730 times
Trump’s failed tax cuts and failed trade war forced the fed to act to clean up trump’s mess. Trump is going to scapegoat the fed when his failed economic program causes a recession.

Old Today, 06:54 PM

12,686 posts, read 14,059,047 times
Bought my gold last year. Gold has always been money, or just as good as money. With today's fiat currency/funny money, I would expect this to be even more true now than ever. Long gold and silver over here. If the economy crashes though, I wouldn't expect it to yield a big return. It is more an insurance and a store of value.

Old Today, 07:03 PM

52,145 posts, read 41,961,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post

Nutjob added the ability to transport his property elsewhere and get 10x as much.

About as sane as someone saying they just bought a house yesterday outside Indianapolis but it was a steal because if it were in times square they could get millions more for it.

Old Today, 07:05 PM

52,145 posts, read 41,961,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Bought my gold last year. Gold has always been money, or just as good as money. With today's fiat currency/funny money, I would expect this to be even more true now than ever. Long gold and silver over here. If the economy crashes though, I wouldn't expect it to yield a big return. It is more an insurance and a store of value.
I respect anyone that "votes with their wallet" even if I don't agree with them.

Especially if they don't sound like a carnival barker trying to encourage others to join in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies