U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 01:07 PM

66,692 posts, read 33,961,833 times

Advertisements

Global recession and the USA is pulling the strings.
Gold to rise as the FED cuts interest rates today.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...t-happens-next
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 01:10 PM

24,959 posts, read 9,743,657 times
Master Fed has spoken!

Old Today, 01:11 PM

4,359 posts, read 2,561,746 times
Why cut rates in "the greatest economy in the history of America"?

Old Today, 01:12 PM

9,118 posts, read 2,813,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Master Fed has spoken!
Yep, Trump got was he was after all along. I knew it would happen. He not only owns the three branches of government, he also owns the Fed.

Old Today, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Why cut rates in "the greatest economy in the history of America"?
It's their "insurance policy" against the economy going south because of the trade war and the global economic slowdown. Time will tell if it actually does what it's supposed to do. I don't think we have many bullets left, but who the hell knows.

Old Today, 01:17 PM

4,359 posts, read 2,561,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
It's their "insurance policy" against the economy going south because of the trade war and the global economic slowdown. Time will tell if it actually does what it's supposed to do. I don't think we have many bullets left, but who the hell knows.
That's the problem. When we actually need to stimulate the economy there will be no tools left in our arsenal.

This is clearly just an attempt to boost/continue the current economy long enough to get him past the next election. After that, we're screwed.

Old Today, 01:24 PM

1,076 posts, read 184,915 times
Did you read that article, it was not a good outlook our economy in America.

Quoted conclusion unedited:
"Which is why, if past is prologue, a July rate cut would mean that the next recession will start some time in November or December, and by the time of the presidential election in 2020, the US economy will be suffering a sharp contraction, hardly good news for the Trump presidential campaign"

I am not one of those "Crash the economy to get rid of Trump" people, I am concern with job loses and significant losses in my retirement. Recessions are opportunity so there are always two sides to a coin.

Old Today, 01:26 PM

52,143 posts, read 41,961,372 times
I literally laughed out loud when I saw this thread title.

OP was one of those "economy is going to collapse, gold is going to $5,000" types then got quiet as gold cratered.

Old Today, 01:27 PM

Quote:
That's the problem. When we actually need to stimulate the economy there will be no tools left in our arsenal.

This is clearly just an attempt to boost/continue the current economy long enough to get him past the next election. After that, we're screwed.
Absolutely. You can't tell me he doesn't manipulate the markets.

Old Today, 01:29 PM

19,448 posts, read 12,324,180 times
Quote:

11 year expansion without a recession.

Of course there will be a recession; the trick is predicting when it will occur.

Stocks are overvalued about 60%, we have a housing bubble, high personal debt, and very high student loan debt.

Banks are in better position than they were in 2008, but all the factors are there for a nice recession/stock market decline. It is a game of "hot potato" as far as who is left holding the potato when it hits.

I can tell you one thing- raising taxes on individuals and business and increasing regulations (which dems favor) is like spraying Round-Up on business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies