U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 08-04-2019, 06:28 AM
 
37,713 posts, read 16,336,939 times
Reputation: 8557

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I think one of the top reasons many people bring up Black people committing crime is to complain about Black people. In my opinion, Black on Black killing isn't brought up because many people just don't care. The only time it does get brought up is to criticize Black people. And if it's being brought up mainly for that reason, then alot of people won't want to talk about it. Why would I want to discuss certain issues with someone who has an air of resentment.

As for why these Black on Black shootings don't get much attention? They happen in dangerous neighborhoods, to people that aren't really cared about very much. Mass shootings that take place in suburban/small town schools, churches, grocery stores, movie theatres, universities, malls, those kinds of shootings get a lion's share of attention. Why? Because they happen in places that many people consider to be safe. It is shocking that shootings take places in areas that would be considered safe. Many people care because those shootings hit close to home for them. A shooting that takes place in a poor, predominantly Black inner city neighborhood, it doesn't really shock alot of people. Many people look at as "we don't live there, it's nothing we could relate to, not our problem".

In short, it isn't looked at as a mass shooting because it isn't happening in nice, safe areas. If it happens in the ghetto, it's looked at as "it's a black ghetto, what do you expect?".
"I think one of the top reasons many people bring up Black people committing crime is to complain about Black people."
So when you complain about any white person doing or saying something you disagree with, "is to complain about WHITE people."


Make you as racist as you claim whites are.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-04-2019, 06:30 AM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
11,922 posts, read 9,468,639 times
Reputation: 5353
Last 24 hours white dudes must’ve read this thread and screamed.... “hold my beer”
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2019, 10:01 AM
 
Location: La lune et les étoiles
17,678 posts, read 19,153,238 times
Reputation: 19026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"I guess the reason why there is more mass hysteria over mass shootings done in 'safe' areas as opposed to crime ridden, gang infested neighborhoods, is because" the LSM does NOT report on it 24//7 as they do so -called "mass' shootings. ( IMO 4 is NOT a "mass" shooting, it only used to rile up the people)


The lefts anti white agenda would be on display 24/7. Can't have the populous talking about poor black communities, it puts a spotlight on the mostly dem controlled areas and the lousy job they are dong.
Stop with the deflections. Homegrown white nationalist terrorism is an issue in this nation so stop throwing black people onto your white hot bonfire.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2019, 10:11 AM
 
Location: La lune et les étoiles
17,678 posts, read 19,153,238 times
Reputation: 19026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I’m sorry, but if someone goes on a random killing spree with mass casualties it’s almost always a white guy.
True. Honestly I am afraid of socially awkward young white men. I always assume that they are seething with anger, have a sense of entitlement and lack taking personal accountability for their failures.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2019, 10:12 AM
 
9,928 posts, read 3,235,889 times
Reputation: 4135
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Stop with the deflections. Homegrown white nationalist terrorism is an issue in this nation so stop throwing black people onto your white hot bonfire.
It’s not an issue at all


Go ahead and live in fear of “white nationalists” hiding everywhere through
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2019, 10:14 AM
 
9,928 posts, read 3,235,889 times
Reputation: 4135
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
True. Honestly I am afraid of socially awkward young white men. I always assume that they are seething with anger, have a sense of entitlement and lack taking personal accountability for their failures.


Except for the shootings the media immediately dropped
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2019, 10:16 AM
 
191 posts, read 73,920 times
Reputation: 197
Gang wars = Targeted known victims with previous contact after disputes.

Not the same as shooting up multiple innocent people including children minding their own business.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2019, 10:22 AM
 
4,280 posts, read 2,052,277 times
Reputation: 1829
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The truth about mass shootings is that most of the are by black people against black people. Even the NY Times posted a report stating (buried in the middle of the article) that around 75% of mass shootings are done by blacks, and we are the victims at the same rate.

May 2016... A Drumbeat of Multiple Shootings, but America Isn’t Listening

Seeking deeper insight into the phenomenon, The New York Times identified and analyzed these 358 shootings with four or more casualties, drawing on two databases assembled from news reports and citizen contributors, and then verifying details with law enforcement agencies.

...
Over all, though, nearly three-fourths of victims and suspected assailants whose race could be identified were black. Some experts suggest that helps explain why the drumbeat of dead and wounded does not inspire more outrage.

...
Michael Nutter, a former Philadelphia mayor, who is black, said that society would not be so complacent if whites were dying from gun violence at the same rate as blacks.

“The general view is it’s one bad black guy who has shot another bad black guy,” he said. “And so, one less person to worry about.”



My question is why are we (especially those most boisterous when whites kill) complacent about our own people being shot? We get mad on the occasion that a cop or a white person shoots us - why are we complacent when we kill ourselves? Nutter seems to have some position to make some impact, but I guess he is waiting on society to become exercised.

---------------------

In the last two weeks, there have been 36 mass shootings... 34 by blacks.... 1 white... 1 Hispanic

1. As many as 12 people shot in Brownsville, Brooklyn: Police.

2. In Philadelphia on July 28: 1 dead, 5 wounded in shooting during rap video production.

3. In Philadelphia on July 28: 6 shot in Southwest Philadelphia.

4. In Uniontown, Pa. on July 28: Multiple Uniontown shootings injure 4 people.

5. In Chicago on July 20: 7 shot in Lincoln Park near Fullerton Beach.

6. On Wichita on July 27: Wichita shooting, victim and suspect identified.

7. In Pembroke Park, Florida on July 27: 2 dead, 2 hospitalized after shooting at Pembroke.Parkauto shop.

8. In Memphis on July 24: Three people shot in Highland Heights.

9. In Baltimore on July 20: three injured in dice game shooting in Southwest Baltimore.

10. In South Bend, Indiana on July 21: Police identify man killed on Niles Avenue.

11. In Kansas City, Missouri on July 20: Police are investigating a triple shooting.

12. In San Antonio on July 16: 4 wounded in shooting.

13. In Fort Worth on July 17: 3 people shot on Berry Street in east Fort Worth.

14. In Racine, Wisconsin on July 28: Triple shooting overnight in Racine.

15. In Modesto, California on July 24: Triple shooting at Modesto Park leaves one dead.

16. In St. Louis on July 23: Police investigating triple shooting in North City.

17. In Chicago on July 28: Four shot in North Lawndale.

18. In Jersey City on July 20: Three people shot, one killed.

19. In St. Louis on July 26: Triple shooting leaves one in critical condition.

20. In Detroit on July 24: Persons of interest sought in Detroit triple shooting.

21. In Washington, D.C. on July 28: Early morning triple shooting in Shaw.

22. In Kansas City, Kansas on July 21: Neighbors found teen mortally wounded in triple shooting.

23. In Tulsa on July 18: Police identify 2 killed in shooting outside fitness center.

24. In Flint, Michigan on July 21: One woman dead, two hurt.

25. In Baltimore on July 21: Nine shot overnight in separate Baltimore shootings (one quadruple shooting).

26. In Essex, Maryland on July 28: Two men dead in triple shooting.

29. In Paterson, New Jersey on July 28: Three men shot on Saturday night.

30. In Washington D.C. on July 28: 4 shot near Howard Theatre.

31. In Chicago on July 18: Woman killed three others hurt on Garfield Park porch.

32. In North Charleston on July 22: Three people dead, one injured after shootings.

33. In Birmingham, Alabama on July 28: Three people shot near Ensley club.

34. In Chattanooga, Tennessee on July 25: 3rd suspect arrested in deadly Douglas Heights apartment shooting.


No political leverage can be gained with this, so politicians don't care and choose not to get their hands dirty.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) defined mass murderer as someone who “kills four or more people in a single incident (not including himself), typically in a single location." You posted mostly random shooting incidents and different locations , not mass murders.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2019, 10:22 AM
 
724 posts, read 127,487 times
Reputation: 683
Some others are trying to catch up and have succeeded.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2019, 10:23 AM
 
1,937 posts, read 559,708 times
Reputation: 2399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Last 24 hours white dudes must’ve read this thread and screamed.... “hold my beer”
Dammit, I cant rep you again!
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top