Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 06:12 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,170,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
This is the sad truth. Even sadder though to hear it coming from a Black woman.

If Blacks in America are resigned to the violence among their young men, why should Whites or Browns or Yellows be left with the burden of caring? All one can do is live in a safe place and let ‘em kill each other, I guess.
LOL...I feel like that about ghetto peoples anywhere. I’m not tied to any community in this place. Everything is racial for you. My people are an extremely small percentage of the U.S. I’ll let you figure that out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2019, 06:14 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,504,883 times
I really despise America’s inflated statistics of gun deaths every year - especially when a large number of them are caused by blacks shooting blacks.

I keep hearing people say that they concentrate this violence to small areas ... yadda yadda yadda ... but that’s not the information that people worldwide hear about America. They think we are literally out on every corner sniping each other. And that perception in large part is caused by urban black-on-black violence. Frankly, the rest of America has every right to be sad, angry, and embarrassed over this blight to our country.

Old 07-31-2019, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
LOL...I feel like that about ghetto peoples anywhere. I’m not tied to any community in this place. Everything is racial for you. My people are an extremely small percentage of the U.S. I’ll let you figure that out.
Pretty sure I’m from an even smaller percentage of people than you - I’m Hawaiian.

Old 07-31-2019, 06:21 PM

2,173 posts, read 4,407,769 times
A big problem I had with the overall credibility of the Black Lives Matter movement and Kapernick's anthem kneeling, is black lives only seem to "matter" if there is a police shooting involved. Black lives don't seem to matter when they are the victims of other black people. 5,000 blacks are murdered by other blacks annually, and maybe a very small handful are killed by police. But its only the small hand full that matters to BLM and Kapernick, not the 5,000?

Old 07-31-2019, 06:21 PM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctr88 View Post
Why don't black candidates running for president make a bigger deal about black on black crime? Why is Elijah Cummings spending so much energy making stuff up about the border to get media sound bytes, when his home district has the #3 highest violent crime rate in the nation? The black Dem candidates seem to think so called "white nationalists" are a bigger threat, yet I'm unaware of many white nationalists causing bodily harm to black folks. African Americans are the biggest physical danger to other AA's. By far.
I don't know. I don't live in the ghetto, so I only know what I read about the ghetto. I grew up in a predominantly White, suburban area, so I'm not dealing with the same things as Black people living in the ghetto are dealing with. I just know what I read, what I'm taught, and what I live around.

And I have a question for you. Do you truly care about the plight of those who live in the ghetto, or are you bringing this up because you have disdain for Democrats?

Old 07-31-2019, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Pretty sure I’m from an even smaller percentage of people than you - I’m Hawaiian.
Nope...Hawaii’s population is around the same as my island of descent and only a portion come to the U.S. Very small group.

Have to get to Hawaii one day. Looks so beautiful...and I love the food.

Old 07-31-2019, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Nope...Hawaii’s population is the same as my island of descent and only a portion come to the U.S.
I’m ethnically Hawaiian. I’m talking about my nationality, not the population of the state. Definitely not many of us in the mainland U.S. I squeak every time I come across a fellow Islander here in Texas.

I recall you and I having a conversation a few years ago about St. Thomas and Caribbean food. That’s some ono grinds.

Old 07-31-2019, 06:27 PM

2,173 posts, read 4,407,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And I have a question for you. Do you truly care about the plight of those who live in the ghetto, or are you bringing this up because you have disdain for Democrats?
I wish there were zero homicides. And I wish the media and politicians were honest and even handed when they talk about things and report things. I think the liberal media and politicians stoke a lot of anger and racial tension with their dishonesty and one sided reporting. I just wish they would report more that the biggest physical threat to AA's is other AA's. Not white people or police officers. But that isn't the political narrative they like to push.

Old 07-31-2019, 06:29 PM

Quote:
I’m ethnically Hawaiian. I’m talking about my nationality, not the population of the state.
Yes you all are very small group.

In a sense, I’m ethnically Trinidadian in that not many people/places in the world are of a similar ethnic makeup. There aren’t that many Trinis and descendants in the US.

Old 07-31-2019, 06:29 PM

3,075 posts, read 3,262,375 times
Quote:
I’m ethnically Hawaiian. I’m talking about my nationality, not the population of the state.
And the battle for "Most Racially Underrepresented CD Member in the US" is on ...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies