U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 05:20 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,075,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
People can come up with all kinds of reasons and justifications for owning guns and people can deny this as much as they wish if they can't admit to the practical reasoning for it, but the fact remains that urban women who arm themselves are arming themselves against men, not against women and not because they want to play games with target practice and not because they have a love affair with firearms the way men do. Likewise, armed women who live in rural settings might occasionally require arms to kill animals, but the main reason they are armed is to be armed against men. We all know that is the truth, and we all know why.
Less than a third of the women surveyed said that personal protection was the only reason they own a gun (vs less than 10% of men).

Statistically speaking, ANYONE, who owns a gun for self protection is more likely to have to use it against a male, so I don't know why women specifically need to be called out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:23 PM

9,744 posts, read 4,651,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Thank you for that information!

So ..... 2 in 5 men own guns and 1 in 5 women own guns.

Now there are only twice as many men who own guns compared to women whereas it used to be a great deal more than that only a few years ago, which means women are now catching up to men very rapidly. I wouldn't be surprised if the number of women owners overtakes and surpasses the number of men owners within the next 30 years.

People can come up with all kinds of reasons and justifications for owning guns and people can deny this as much as they wish if they can't admit to the practical reasoning for it, but the fact remains that urban women who arm themselves are arming themselves against men, not against women and not because they want to play games with target practice and not because they have a love affair with firearms the way men do. Likewise, armed women who live in rural settings might occasionally require arms to kill animals, but the main reason they are armed is to be armed against men. We all know that is the truth, and we all know why.

When it comes about that there are many, many more female gun owners than there are male gun owners, how will men feel about that? Will the outnumbered men become concerned that the superior number of women gun owners will represent a threat to all the men that women are arming themselves against? Will the men become paranoid that the superior numbers of women gun owners will eventually disarm all men and start a new world order for society? Will men then want to take all women's guns away and prevent them from owning them?

Many of the women and girls around here hunt.

Old Yesterday, 06:12 PM

2,362 posts, read 643,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
https://www.wvlt.tv/content/news/Sur...513388151.html

Let the anti-gun crowd let that sink in!!

1 in 5!!!!!!!!

And that number is growing thanks to thewellarmedwoman.com and other woman friendly gun groups

This will drive the libs crazy!!!!
Started shooting age 6.....NRA member around guns all my life and I dearly wish that number was true but it sounds like hogwash to me. I have never met a woman packing in my life. Can't recall a single woman attacked and murdered who shot back.........of course it wouldn't make the news even if it did happen.

Old Yesterday, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Started shooting age 6.....NRA member around guns all my life and I dearly wish that number was true but it sounds like hogwash to me. I have never met a woman packing in my life. Can't recall a single woman attacked and murdered who shot back.........of course it wouldn't make the news even if it did happen.
My sister is 76 and carries My wife is 60 and carries. My daughter is 32 and carries. And I know a bunch of other women who carry daily.

Old Yesterday, 06:43 PM

7,373 posts, read 6,650,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post

Less than a third of the women surveyed said that personal protection was the only reason they own a gun (vs less than 10% of men).

Yes, I believe that. Speaking as a Canadian woman who has owned firearms for over 65 years, I can understand and sympathize with the reasons for why the other two thirds of American women gun owners surveyed would have the prudence and presence of mind to say otherwise. Playing it smart. Good for them! I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers are actually higher than what the survey showed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post

Statistically speaking, ANYONE, who owns a gun for self protection is more likely to have to use it against a male, so I don't know why women specifically need to be called out.

I was wondering the same thing when I saw this thread get posted, calling out women gun owners. The OP seemed to be surprised that 1 in 5 women in America are now gun owners, surprised so much that he thought it was important enough news that he felt the need to post about it. He also seemed to indicate that he was pleased and encouraging about it, but I can't help wondering if he and a lot of other men are also just a little bit worried about it too.

Anyway, I say kudos to all the many more American ladies that are catching on and arming themselves and I wish them the greatest success in their future endeavours.

Old Yesterday, 06:50 PM

9,650 posts, read 5,421,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
All new gun laws are being pushed almost exclusively by one party.
Advocating for gun laws doesn't equate to being anti-gun... Does the presence of traffic laws equate to being anti-car?

Old Yesterday, 06:54 PM

5,813 posts, read 4,807,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
https://www.wvlt.tv/content/news/Sur...513388151.html

Let the anti-gun crowd let that sink in!!

1 in 5!!!!!!!!

And that number is growing thanks to thewellarmedwoman.com and other woman friendly gun groups
Damn right. I've been a well-armed woman for the past several decades. When I first started shooting, I was the only female at the shooting range. Have to admit, it was a bit intimidating, back then. But, I've watched it change over the years and these days the range is packed with women.

Take responsibility for your own safety.

Old Yesterday, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Advocating for gun laws doesn't equate to being anti-gun... Does the presence of traffic laws equate to being anti-car?
All of the new gun laws and proposed gun laws only affect the law-abiding. Many of the politicians proposing them openly admit they would like to outlaw guns. That makes them anti-gun.

Old Yesterday, 07:02 PM

43,643 posts, read 52,882,167 times
I own guns. Several.
I don't walk around with them.
But they are there.

Old Yesterday, 07:35 PM

5,813 posts, read 4,807,246 times
As women, we should be advocating for #NopeNotMe as opposed to #MeToo.
Women, take responsibility for your own safety and refuse to be a victim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or