Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 05:01 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,669,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
You betcha!!!

We also need to get National CCW Reciprocity. I can't carry in NY, NJ, (Hell, the entire upper east coast), IL, WI, MN, OR and WA. Also, forget about DC.

Makes it hard to plan a trip
Interesting that you used my city's news as the link, lol.

And I hear ya. I can't carry when I drive to upstate NY to see relatives. KY is fine but once you hit Ohio it's against the law all the rest of the way to NY. Stupid liberal laws. I travel late at night when we go, would be nice if I could carry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2019, 05:16 PM

17,574 posts, read 13,350,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Interesting that you used my city's news as the link, lol.

And I hear ya. I can't carry when I drive to upstate NY to see relatives. KY is fine but once you hit Ohio it's against the law all the rest of the way to NY. Stupid liberal laws. I travel late at night when we go, would be nice if I could carry.

Ohio recognizes every state's legally issued CCWs, even states that don't accept Ohio

https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/...ity-Agreements

Old 07-31-2019, 05:28 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Women are more likely to be the straw purchaser for males who, for many reasons, cannot lawfully acquire a gun.

Old 07-31-2019, 08:14 PM

1,406 posts, read 801,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Makes me change my mind somewhat. Since white men are by far the largest perpetrators of gun violence, maybe our gun laws should simply ban them from owning guns.
By shear numbers, yes. Almost as if white people made up a much larger percent of the population than any other ethnic group. Black males are over represented as gun crime offenders based on their prevalence in the population, while white males are slightly under represented*.

*Sometimes Hispanics are lumped in as "white" in ethnicity statistics. I am not certain if the statistics for white gun crime offenders include gun crimes committed by Hispanics.

Old 07-31-2019, 08:17 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Women are more likely to be the straw purchaser for males who, for many reasons, cannot lawfully acquire a gun.
And that is already against Federal and State law, and they do significant JAIL TIME when caught. What's your point? We already have multiple laws against that, yet you want more?

So you'd prefer women that are legally able to have firearms be defenseless as they are usually smaller and weaker?

Old 07-31-2019, 08:18 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
https://www.wvlt.tv/content/news/Sur...513388151.html

Let the anti-gun crowd let that sink in!!

1 in 5!!!!!!!!

And that number is growing thanks to thewellarmedwoman.com and other woman friendly gun groups

This will drive the libs crazy!!!!
Live in the south and many of the women have guns that their husbands bought for them. They go to the shooting range once or maybe twice a year or even less than that.

But it is important for them to say they have a gun.

It makes them feel better.

I don't think any of them put the gun in their purse or car...they just have one at home.

Old 07-31-2019, 08:23 PM

5,067 posts, read 2,277,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I own your basic three: 30:06, 12ga o/u, and a Springfield XD-9 subcompact.

Shooting is fun.
Similar for me. 7mm-08 rifle, 20 ga side by side, 9mm Beretta. But add a couple more hanguns in .45 and .357 mag, and a self-built .556. Sadly, I don't find the time to shoot much. New full time job and still building a house that I started 15 years ago, lol.

Old 07-31-2019, 08:23 PM

50,281 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Makes me change my mind somewhat. Since white men are by far the largest perpetrators of gun violence, maybe our gun laws should simply ban them from owning guns.
No one is this stupid. Maybe I am wrong.

Old 07-31-2019, 08:56 PM

15,861 posts, read 21,438,888 times
Most of the gun owners I know are women. I can't imagine why you'd think that gun ownership impacts our views on gun control.

Old 07-31-2019, 09:00 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,506,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Live in the south and many of the women have guns that their husbands bought for them. They go to the shooting range once or maybe twice a year or even less than that.

But it is important for them to say they have a gun.

It makes them feel better.

I don't think any of them put the gun in their purse or car...they just have one at home.
You are so delightfully dismissive. You ought to speak for yourself, and maybe the women you know, not the South. You look ridiculous speaking so condescendingly of an enormous demographic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies