U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:07 PM

1,182 posts, read 591,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
You are so delightfully dismissive. You ought to speak for yourself, and maybe the women you know, not the South. You look ridiculous speaking so condescendingly of an enormous demographic.
Yep.

I'm from the South.

Most of my women friends with guns are licensed to carry concealed, which takes an 8 hour class and comes with general firearm training.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:09 PM

35,440 posts, read 32,337,167 times
I was picking up some projectiles today and two women were helped by two women employees buying handguns. Made me smile.

Old Yesterday, 09:10 PM

6,406 posts, read 3,558,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Yep.

I'm from the South.

Most of my women friends with guns are licensed to carry concealed, which takes an 8 hour class and comes with general firearm training.
I know women here who can take down a 12-point buck and field dress it as easily as baking a pie.

Itís a big mistake to speak condescendingly of the skills of Southern women. They have grit and theyíre capable as hell.

Old Yesterday, 10:25 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,319,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
My 13 y.o. daughter has three.

Now thatís sheís left home alone at times, I tell her the same thing my dad told me - ďIf someone tries to come in, you know where the loaded gun is and how to use it. Shoot until itís empty. Iíll be back in a while.Ē

Dad left me with a 5-shot .38 revolver. I leave her with 17 rounds of 9mm hollowpoint.
THREE?? Do you fear being invaded by the Russian Army??
where do you live???
I'm all for CCW to protect ones self but if you live where a 13 yr old needs THREE? maybe check the Real Estate section of safer areas!!

Old Yesterday, 10:26 PM

5,307 posts, read 2,713,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
https://www.wvlt.tv/content/news/Sur...513388151.html

Let the anti-gun crowd let that sink in!!

1 in 5!!!!!!!!

And that number is growing thanks to thewellarmedwoman.com and other woman friendly gun groups

This will drive the libs crazy!!!!
So 80% of women donít own guns... just like most Americans.

Old Yesterday, 10:31 PM

4,699 posts, read 1,245,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
It doesn't seem to say anything about who did the survey, to whom, or how, so I'm not going to take it too seriously. But it should drive anyone crazy who knows about statistics of gun accidents, and it should drive anyone crazy who thinks it's horrible that women feel so unsafe - under a president who supposedly was going to make us safer.
I don't feel unsafe one iota and never have no matter whose butt is in the Oval Office. Politicians don't affect my life in that manner. Sorry they affect you so.

Old Yesterday, 10:49 PM

6,406 posts, read 3,558,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
where do you live???
I'm all for CCW to protect ones self but if you live where a 13 yr old needs THREE? maybe check the Real Estate section of safer areas!!
Owning three guns doesn’t mean she’s slinging all three of them in a holster at once. Given her age that’s extremely unlikely, in fact.

Depending on her interests, she might have a rifle for hunting, a shotgun for skeet/target shooting, and a pistol or handgun for the range. Different guns have different purposes.

Old Yesterday, 10:49 PM

4,808 posts, read 947,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
My 13 y.o. daughter has three.

Now thatís sheís left home alone at times, I tell her the same thing my dad told me - ďIf someone tries to come in, you know where the loaded gun is and how to use it. Shoot until itís empty. Iíll be back in a while.Ē

Dad left me with a 5-shot .38 revolver. I leave her with 17 rounds of 9mm hollowpoint.
Good for you! Now, while I doubt this will ever be done by your daughter, sometimes a kid being well-versed in guns could end up shooting up a school, even if they drilled about gun safety!

Old Yesterday, 11:00 PM

4,699 posts, read 1,245,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
where do you live???
I understand your uninformed opinion because I know nothing about golf and often wonder why a person needs so many different kinds of clubs.

Old Yesterday, 11:04 PM

14,736 posts, read 9,171,912 times
My wife carries I donít see the big deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or