Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 06:39 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcolaFLGuy View Post
I feel we need to return certain land to the Native Americans, especially if it's just sitting there like most BLM land.

Found this interesting in my research on the topic. Eagerly awaiting the outcome.

Supreme Court: Should Eastern Oklahoma Be Considered An Indian Reservation? (NPR)

Other interesting articles on the topic of returning Native American lands:

In Tribe v. State Cases, Supreme Court Shifts Support to Native Americans (Governing)

Returning Stolen Land to Native Tribes, One Lot at a Time (Civil Eats)

The US government should cede territory back to Native Americans (The Guardian)

Great-

Let's start with your house.

Libs are always generous with things they don't own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2019, 06:39 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
And because you deem someone "broken", you would usurp their liberty to own what's rightfully theirs?

Sounds like a big government proponent.
I’ve been through many reservations. Wards of the land. Yeah right, they are garbage dumps. I wouldn’t house hogs there.

Old 07-31-2019, 06:40 PM

753 posts, read 843,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Great-

Let's start with your house.

Libs are always generous with things they don't own.
I'm a libertarian and we, as Americans, do own it. Approximately 640 million acres of BLM land.

Old 07-31-2019, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I’ve been through many reservations. Wards of the land. Yeah right, they are garbage dumps. I wouldn’t house hogs there.
Again, your judgment of them doesn't matter unless you're a proponent of big government.

It's about liberty.

Old 07-31-2019, 06:42 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Again, your judgment of them doesn't matter unless you're a proponent of big government.

It's about liberty.
Judgement? Just pure observation.

Old 07-31-2019, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Uh turning land into garbage dumps?
So you're for government owning the land just because you don't like what folks put on private property?

Gotcha. Big government lover.

Old 07-31-2019, 06:44 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,470,414 times
Natives suffered a 90% small pox die-off in a single generation. Once that happened they had no chance at militarily repelling Europeans and they knew it. That's why the would agree to obvious bad deals and kept moving west. Had there been no small pox die off it would have been a situation like Africa, with a few Europeans living surrounded by natives.

Old 07-31-2019, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Natives suffered a 90% small pox die-off in a single generation. Once that happened they had no chance at militarily repelling Europeans and they knew it. That's why the would agree to obvious bad deals and kept moving west. Had there been no small pox die off it would have been a situation like Africa, with a few Europeans living surrounded by natives.
Don't confuse the big-government land hoarding lovers with historical facts.

Old 07-31-2019, 06:58 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,366,656 times
Quote:
And because you deem someone "broken", you would usurp their liberty to own what's rightfully theirs?

Sounds like a big government proponent.
I didn't call anyone broken. Learn to read.

Old 07-31-2019, 06:59 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,236,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
You think the burden of more land is going to help tribes? More land is not going to fix what's broken for those people.
I agree somewhat about the problem solving. The idea of returning land stolen by deceit to relatives of those still living is a great idea within reason. BLM Land next to Reservations and unused should be returned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies