U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:40 PM

28,648 posts, read 15,543,542 times

Advertisements

Probably not a big threat at this point... this seems to be about putting out the possible brush fires that may flare back up.

Hamza bin Laden, Son of Qaeda Founder, Is Dead

Osama bin Ladenís son Hamza bin Laden, who was viewed as an eventual heir to the leadership of Al Qaeda and had repeatedly threatened to attack the United States, is dead, according to two American officials.

Details of the strike that killed him were scarce, including when and where. The United States government played a role in the operation, but it was not clear how, according to the officials, who discussed his death on the condition of anonymity because it involved sensitive operations and intelligence gathering.

Mr. bin Laden was killed sometime during the first two years of the Trump administration, officials said. He was killed before the State Department announced a $1 million reward for information about his whereabouts in February, but American military and intelligence agencies had not confirmed his death by then.

The C.I.A. has devastated Al Qaeda, relentlessly targeting its operatives after Sept. 11. The agency killed another son, Saad bin Laden, in a drone strike in 2009 while he was operating in a remote area of Pakistan. Another son, Khalid, was killed in the 2011 Abbottabad raid.

The real CIA... not Brennan's CIA... Good work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:45 PM

51,034 posts, read 26,894,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Probably not a big threat at this point... this seems to be about putting out the possible brush fires that may flare back up.

Osama bin Ladenís son Hamza bin Laden, who was viewed as an eventual heir to the leadership of Al Qaeda and had repeatedly threatened to attack the United States, is dead, according to two American officials.

Details of the strike that killed him were scarce, including when and where. The United States government played a role in the operation, but it was not clear how, according to the officials, who discussed his death on the condition of anonymity because it involved sensitive operations and intelligence gathering.

Mr. bin Laden was killed sometime during the first two years of the Trump administration, officials said. He was killed before the State Department announced a $1 million reward for information about his whereabouts in February, but American military and intelligence agencies had not confirmed his death by then.

The C.I.A. has devastated Al Qaeda, relentlessly targeting its operatives after Sept. 11. The agency killed another son, Saad bin Laden, in a drone strike in 2009 while he was operating in a remote area of Pakistan. Another son, Khalid, was killed in the 2011 Abbottabad raid.

LMAO...Ēthe real CIA.Ē

You donít know what youíre talking about. Who was running the CIA when the father and other brother were killed?

You trying to add partisanship to national security issues relative to covert operations makes you sound ludicrous. Brennan served his country. What have you done?

Old Yesterday, 09:48 PM

7,852 posts, read 12,374,083 times
I'm sure Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib, and perhaps AOC and Pocahontas feel a bit saddened by this news. Wasn't Bin Laden a freedom fighter struggling against Western imperialism and Zionism?

Old Yesterday, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
LMAO...Ēthe real CIA.Ē

You donít know what youíre talking about. Who was running the CIA when the father and other brother were killed?

You trying to add partisanship to national security issues relative to covert operations makes you sound ludicrous. Brennan served his country. What have you done?
Glad you got a got laugh out of it.

I'm just distinguishing between what happens at the elite level, and the rank and file level.

What have I done? I pay their salaries. I pay for their surveillance equipment. I foot the bill.

Old Yesterday, 10:03 PM

51,034 posts, read 26,894,206 times
Quote:
Glad you got a got laugh out of it.

I'm just distinguishing between what happens at the elite level, and the rank and file level.

What have I done? I pay their salaries. I pay for their surveillance equipment. I foot the bill.
John Brennan served at the elite level for over 2 decades. He wasnít rank and file.

You had no beef with John Brennan until Trump started chirping. Youíre coming off as a parrot.

Old Yesterday, 10:08 PM

1,396 posts, read 417,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I'm sure Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib, and perhaps AOC and Pocahontas feel a bit saddened by this news. Wasn't Bin Laden a freedom fighter struggling against Western imperialism and Zionism?
Yes I was thinking the same. Omar must be especially devastated.

Old Yesterday, 10:17 PM

18,866 posts, read 9,713,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Terrible day for the Jihad Squad.

Old Yesterday, 10:19 PM

2,945 posts, read 1,608,362 times
Wow, I was just about to say that finally something happened that everyone could be happy with but I see the rabid wingnuts have to spin everything. SAD!

Old Yesterday, 10:20 PM

17,741 posts, read 11,273,396 times
Quote:

Uh, you do realize that Osama Bin Laden was killed during Brennan's watch, don't you ? Sorry to burst your little bubble there, but you need to know the facts.

Old Yesterday, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
John Brennan served at the elite level for over 2 decades. He wasn’t rank and file.

You had no beef with John Brennan until Trump started chirping. You’re coming off as a parrot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefe View Post
Wow, I was just about to say that finally something happened that everyone could be happy with but I see the rabid wingnuts have to spin everything. SAD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
[/color]

Uh, you do realize that Osama Bin Laden was killed during Brennan's watch, don't you ? Sorry to burst your little bubble there, but you need to know the facts.
I just want to make sure I give the CIA on the ground credit for their work.

Brennan is a long term liar.

July 2014 - CIA director John Brennan lied to you and to the Senate. Fire him
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies