U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:32 PM

4,811 posts, read 947,594 times

Advertisements

In situations like this, I think the church should make an exception because it is a funeral! That is 1 of those times where people can set aside their differences, depending on who the funeral is for!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:49 PM

11,151 posts, read 4,910,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So. Then heís exercising his choice.

What do you want us to do? Be outraged?

If a church wonít allow a funeral there because the dead guyís son is gay, that just reaffirms my belief in what a fraud the Christian Church is.
I'm convinced that the only reason some churches shun gay people is because gay people are unlikely to pump out loads of babies. More babies = more future tithers = $$$

Old Yesterday, 11:13 PM

1,182 posts, read 591,422 times
Being gay is not a choice. Trust me.

Signed,

Gay man

Old Today, 12:29 AM

51,036 posts, read 26,894,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
In situations like this, I think the church should make an exception because it is a funeral! That is 1 of those times where people can set aside their differences, depending on who the funeral is for!
I’m still trying to figure out why the church gives a damn about who attends a funeral.

Old Today, 01:00 AM

4,811 posts, read 947,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Being gay is not a choice. Trust me.

Signed,

Gay man
As a straight White cisgender man, may I ask why do many LGBT people feel they are born that? I don't think I was born straight! I think it has to do with the environment you are in and the people you surround yourself with!

Old Today, 01:22 AM

1,182 posts, read 591,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
As a straight White cisgender man, may I ask why do many LGBT people feel they are born that? I don't think I was born straight! I think it has to do with the environment you are in and the people you surround yourself with!
Cisgender? I had to look that up. I'm cisgender, too.

You were born straight. Do you remember when you started to notice the opposite sex?

That's the same age I started looking at other guys.

I promise you it's not a choice, I struggled with it for many years. Have had a hard (but good) life.

One side of my family was religious, so there was a point when I was younger and impressionable where I thought I'd be going to hell and asking why god would make me that way if I would be automatically damned to hell. It's not something you can overcome, believe me I tried.

I couldn't be happier at this point in my life but it was often a very hard road. Who would ever choose that? Do you know what it's like to think about killing yourself at 12 years old?

I was also born a decade too early. When I was a teenager in the late 90s it was taboo, now nobody gives a flying fck. Which is good.

Old Today, 02:40 AM

7,348 posts, read 4,262,779 times
The “lifestyle choice” is whether to live in shame in the closet or to be open about it. Not whether to be gay.

Old Today, 03:43 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,197,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
https://newschannel9.com/news/local/...-funeral-plans

So this article seems to be about a church discriminating against this gay person and refusing to let him attend his father's funeral because of his homosexuality.

But the liberal national sources don't quote this guy completely.

er the family's request, Goodman's father will not be named in this story.
"They're punishing my dad for a lifestyle choice I've made. Its not me up there in a casket. It's him," said Goodman.
Goodman's 71-year-old father has very few dying wishes.
If he had a choice, he was hard wired as a bisexual from birth, and opted to go with same sex. Most bisexuals settle with one or the other eventually. We are born with our sexual orientation.

If it is a choice, let us know when you can demonstrate for us that you can change the gender you are attracted to at will.

Thanks.

Old Today, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Oh no he let the secret out!!

So Tom Lennox... are you saying that you personally could *choose* to pursue your attraction to men?
I just posted the same thing before I saw your post.

I'm taking odds.

Old Today, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
What does it matter in this case? Thatís not even the issue. Who gives a damn whether the guy is congenitally gay or not?

The point is that this Christian Church is denying a dying man a funeral because they donít want his gay son to attend. Discuss that petty ****....not whether or not his son was born gay.

The guy doesnít want to join their church. He just wants to attend his fatherís funeral. Christianity is so intransigent in its doctrine and Christians are so flimsy in their beliefs that allowing a gay dude in the church for a few hours is gonna destroy everything the church stands for? Believing in the Christian Faith is THAT tenuous?

No wonder Americans are becoming more and more secular, and many churches sit empty. I hope that trend continues.
Jesus wouldn't have noticed. But I doubt he'd have ever visited that church, anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies