U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:04 AM

21,664 posts, read 19,411,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
https://newschannel9.com/news/local/...-funeral-plans

So this article seems to be about a church discriminating against this gay person and refusing to let him attend his father's funeral because of his homosexuality.

But the liberal national sources don't quote this guy completely.

er the family's request, Goodman's father will not be named in this story.
"They're punishing my dad for a lifestyle choice I've made. Its not me up there in a casket. It's him," said Goodman.
Goodman's 71-year-old father has very few dying wishes.
He is a fool if he thinks he chose to be gay.

But it doesn't even say he claims that. He speaks of lifestyle choice not the choice of sexual orientation. I don't know him, but maybe he is one of those in-your-face gays that turn their sexual orientation into a spectacle. That is indeed a choice as many homosexuals are rather private and do not want to be the center of attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 12:15 PM

9,945 posts, read 6,664,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
He is a fool if he thinks he chose to be gay.

But it doesn't even say he claims that. He speaks of lifestyle choice not the choice of sexual orientation. I don't know him, but maybe he is one of those in-your-face gays that turn their sexual orientation into a spectacle. That is indeed a choice as many homosexuals are rather private and do not want to be the center of attention.
Again, why should any of that matter? The man wanted to honor his deceased father, period. The church could have done the right thing in the name of compassion and empathy. They didn't.

Old Yesterday, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Again, why should any of that matter? The man wanted to honor his deceased father, period. The church could have done the right thing in the name of compassion and empathy. They didn't.
Sure, I was just commenting on the topic as such...

Old Yesterday, 12:51 PM

11,427 posts, read 2,833,858 times
Obama said for him deciding to be straight was a choice because dating women would be more of a challenge. Kids who went to high school with him said they assumed he was gay. It's in his biography. Mainstream media hushed that one up fast.

Old Yesterday, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Obama said for him deciding to be straight was a choice because dating women would be more of a challenge. Kids who went to high school with him said they assumed he was gay. It's in his biography. Mainstream media hushed that one up fast.
Maybe he is bisexual.

But really, if you are a gay guy, you can't force yourself to like women.
I am straight and can't force myself to like men, there is a certain disgust that would never go away.

Old Yesterday, 01:03 PM

11,427 posts, read 2,833,858 times
Quote:
I am straight and can't force myself to like men, there is a certain disgust that would never go away.
Don't say that within earshot of a Progressive.

Old Yesterday, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Don't say that within earshot of a Progressive.
I am a progressive, but a realistic one

Old Yesterday, 02:27 PM

9,945 posts, read 6,664,609 times
Quote:
Sure, I was just commenting on the topic as such...
yep - got it

Old Yesterday, 03:04 PM

2,797 posts, read 929,051 times
Quote:
Maybe he is bisexual.

But really, if you are a gay guy, you can't force yourself to like women.
Lots of disgust actually. Well, I'd say there are some people out there so extremely lonely that they may jump on the first thing that comes around, especially if they truly believe that it may be the only chance in their life they have. I've seen really ugly fat chicks end up going out with other women and getting romantically involved because they felt it was the only thing they could get.

Old Yesterday, 10:00 PM

4,833 posts, read 953,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Debatable by whom? As in, why would anyone care to debate this? I will never get that.
Maybe by people who would decide to bring it up and by people who do studies or talks on it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies